sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheWall View Post
      Is it Joel?
      No.

(spoiler link)

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
        I know just enough Hebrew to know that's not it. "of God" means it has to end in "iah" or "el".

(I knew the answer thanks to all those Bible trivia quizzes growing up).
        Because of this I was thinking it was Joel, didn't realize the part about "iah" though.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          Oh I would die, uh, maybe not go that far, if I missed that.
          The times I'm thinking I'm being blatant seem to be the times I'm too subtle.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Not true in my case rogue. I only got the right answer from this clue post you made just above.
            3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)

Comment

Oh but I, ah, got it. Just didn't think it was worth commenting on.

Comment

I got it - once I could recall the name.
                "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                  I know just enough Hebrew to know that's not it. "of God" means it has to end in "iah" or "el".

(I knew the answer thanks to all those Bible trivia quizzes growing up).
                  I got it with this hint...I probably would have missed it otherwise!
                  "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

I knew it right away, and I got your hint right away.
                    Curiosity never hurt anyone. It was stupidity that killed the cat.

Comment

Tonight's Final was another Bible question:

Of the 4 riders mentioned in Revelation 6, only this one is explicitly named.

I was a little surprised that all three contestants got it right.
                      "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post

Another good one would be "Which archangels are explicitly named in the Bible?"
                        Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post

That should have been an incredibly easy one for them to answer.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

That should have been an incredibly easy one for them to answer.
                            Honestly, we so often hear all four of them referred to by name, I'm not sure I'd have gotten it, at least in the allotted time.
                            Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
                              Another good one would be "Which archangels are explicitly named in the Bible?"
                              You'd need to define what you mean by "Bible"; with or without including the Apocrypha?
                              Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                              sigpic
                              I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Another Bible question on Jeopardy tonight, with possibly the worst possible answer given.

(The category was one where all answers have to begin with "ad".) The question: "The New Testament says "Be sober, be vigilant" because of your this, the devil."

Somebody rang in and said "What is advocate?"
                                "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment