Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Implications of Acts 4:27-28

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by lee_merrill View Post
    No, God uses secondary causes, such as the devil, as was mentioned.

Yes, "Who can speak and have it happen if the Lord has not decreed it? Is it not from the mouth of the Most High that both calamities and good things come?" (Lam. 3:37-38)

Yes.

Gen. 50:20 "And as for you, you meant evil against me, but God meant it for good in order to bring about this present result, to preserve many people alive."

"The text says, 'You meant evil against me.' Evil is a feminine singular noun. Then it says, 'God meant it for good.' The word 'it' is a feminine singular suffix that can only agree with the antecedent feminine singular noun, 'evil.' And the verb 'meant' is the same past tense in both cases. You meant evil against me in the past, as you were doing it. And God meant that very evil, not as evil, but as good in the past as you were doing it. And to make this perfectly clear, Psalm 105:17 says about Joseph's coming to Egypt, '[God] sent a man before them, Joseph, who was sold as a slave.' God sent him. God did not find him there owing to evil choices, and then try to make something good come of it. Therefore this text stands as a kind of paradigm for how to understand the evil will of man within the sovereign will of God." (John Piper)

Blessings,
    Lee
    It sounds like God made a plan that they would have evil desires. Is this correct?

How were they morally responsible for what they did if God made a plan that they would have evil desires?

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    It sounds like God made a plan that they would have evil desires. Is this correct?
    You could put it that way, yes.

How were they morally responsible for what they did if God made a plan that they would have evil desires?
    Paul asks this very question!

Source: Rom. 9:19-21

You will say to me then, “Why does He still find fault? For who resists His will?” On the contrary, who are you, O man, who answers back to God? The thing molded will not say to the molder, “Why did you make me like this,” will it? Or does not the potter have a right over the clay, to make from the same lump one vessel for honorable use and another for common use?

© Copyright Original Source

Then further on, Paul says:
    Source: Rom. 11:32

For God has bound everyone over to disobedience so that he may have mercy on them all.

© Copyright Original Source

So we can trust that God knows what he is doing with us.

Blessings,
    Lee
    "What I pray of you is, to keep your eye upon Him, for that is everything. Do you say, 'How am I to keep my eye on Him?' I reply, keep your eye off everything else, and you will soon see Him. All depends on the eye of faith being kept on Him. How simple it is!" (J.B. Stoney)

3. Amen Rushing Jaws amen'd this post.