Announcement

Collapse

Glory Seed Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

These daily devotionals are brought to you by Gary Piper, a writer with our Sister Site, Natural Spirit Ministries. TheologyWeb encourages you to visit and support their site.... they have many informative articles which can be discussed right here. If you enjoy Gary Piper's devotionals, please send him an encouraging note or post. We are very appreciative of our partnership with Natural Spirit Ministries and look forward to many more co-ventures.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Glory Seed Devotional, 2017.09.21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glory Seed Devotional, 2017.09.21

Glory Seed Devotional’s, 2017: Anticipating and Experiencing God...
    God’s Greatest Miracle…
    Shalom!

“Because of the privilege and authority God has given me, I give each of you this warning: Don’t think you are better than you really are. Be honest in your evaluation of yourselves, measuring yourselves by the faith God has given us.” (Romans 12:3 NLT)

The Apostle Paul cautions us not to think of ourselves more important than we should think but, on the other hand we should not think of ourselves more unimportant than we should.

When we allow ourselves or we allow others to make us feel unimportant we begin a 3D downhill slide of depression, despair, and disappointment. Unimportance is one of the most powerful forces we face in our daily lives coming from a variety of sources – employers, co-workers, people with whom we share the roadways with, families, our failures, health issues, careers.

I remember while at a Navy facility in Philadelphia of seeing a poster that went something like this: “If you want to see how important you are then stick your hand in a bucket of water and the space left when you pull it out is how important you are.” Wow! I thought (then) how profound. Today however, I think how stupid! Because there are people in my life who are no longer here that had they not been in my life I would have turned out very differently! In fact my parents are so important I wouldn’t be here if it weren’t for them.

Here is the most important life/living factor in our lives. God felt us so important he sent is Son into our lives to save us from self-destruction. If you think about the delicate balances in our world and universe you can see there needs to be a delicate balance between importance and un-importance in our lives. Today in your communications with God ask him to help you discover the proper balance of importance and un-importance then ask him to help you achieve that balance.

Individually and corporately WE ARE God’s Greatest Miracles!

“May God be merciful and bless us. May his face smile with favor on us.” **
    Grace and PEACE,
    Gary
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    Note: Should you want to go back and review this Glory Seed or if you would like to subscribe so you can receive them in your email you can do so by clicking on this link: http://www.gloryseeddevotionals.org.

If you would like inspirational music playing as you read this Glory Seed may I suggest clicking on this link: http://www.abidingradio.org/listen/

“Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright © 1996. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Wheaton, Illinois 60189. All rights reserved.”

**Psalm 67:1, New Living Translation
widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X