Announcement

Collapse

Sorority Guidelines

Here is the Hen House. We gather and talk about men, shoes, clothing, and if those wings are all they are cracked up to be.

But remember, always play by the rules: here
See more
See less

Best/Most-Appreciated Baby Shower Gifts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best/Most-Appreciated Baby Shower Gifts

Hi there!

I am looking to purchase something for a young expectant mother.
    What are some items which you were given or which you have purchased yourself that provided life-hack level post-natal benefits or joy?

I know diapers are always needed, but there will be plenty of those as well as every kind of toy imaginable.
    Did you perhaps receive something as a mother which you found beneficial?

Having never given birth, I have no idea what is coveted!

I've never had kids, but my nieces loved the exersaucer. Burp cloths are good. Anything you can think of is good. I don't think babies can have too many diapers.
    If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

A bin for the dishwasher that lets them wash all those tiny things.
      A Wal-mart gift card - because they will need something.
      Clothes for a one year old if it's the first baby - the newborn stuff is outgrown in a heartbeat and that first year running around naked is awkward.
      A subscription to a diaper service if available.
      Subscriptions to parenting magazines.
      Coupons for free babysitting.
      "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

An ear thermometer.

And a rubber ducky that has a sensor in the bottom to tell you if the bath water is too hot.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Pacifier that takes baby's temperature, if they still have those. Clothes for later, like Teal says, is always appreicated.make sure they're appropriate for the weather in a years time (no sun suits if first birthday will be in wintertime, that kind of thing.)
          Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Newborn size clothes have limited usefulness in many cases. For instance, all babies in my family are born already needing a size or two bigger than that. If this is not the family's first baby, I would skip buying clothes altogether because they'll likely already have hand-me-downs. I would go for something which can be used up, like a big bottle of baby wash, a big bottle of baby lotion, and a big tub of diaper cream in a basket that can be used to keep things near the changing table.
            Curiosity never hurt anyone. It was stupidity that killed the cat.

Comment

Originally posted by QuantaFille View Post
              Newborn size clothes have limited usefulness in many cases. For instance, all babies in my family are born already needing a size or two bigger than that. If this is not the family's first baby, I would skip buying clothes altogether because they'll likely already have hand-me-downs. I would go for something which can be used up, like a big bottle of baby wash, a big bottle of baby lotion, and a big tub of diaper cream in a basket that can be used to keep things near the changing table.

And throw in a nice bottle of adult body wash for the new mom, so she can feel a little spoiled, too.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

This is what I always get for expecting mothers, especially if they have kids already:

www.CarSeatCanopy.com

It was my favorite thing that I had for my son and I was so sad when he outgrew it.

Then I found a skirt that looked almost exactly like it, and I was happy again.

"It seems to me that these women were the head (κεφάλαιον) of the church which was at Philippi." ~ John Chrysostom, Homilies on Philippians 13

Weighted Glory | Christians for Biblical Equality | Worlds Without End: A Mormon Studies Roundtable

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X