Thread: Francis given 'filial correction' for 'propagating heresies'

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

Francis given 'filial correction' for 'propagating heresies'

ROME, September 23, 2017 (LifeSiteNews) – Expressing “profound grief” and “filial devotion,” Catholic clergy and lay scholars from around the world have issued what they are calling a “Filial Correction” to Pope Francis for “propagating heresy.”

The Filial Correction, in the form of a 25-page letter, bears the signatures of sixty-two Catholic academics, researchers, and scholars in various fields from twenty countries. They assert that Pope Francis has supported heretical positions about marriage, the moral life, and the Eucharist that are causing a host of “heresies and other errors” to spread throughout the Catholic Church.

The correction was delivered to the Pope at his Santa Marta residence on August 11, 2017. No similar action has taken place within the Catholic Church since the Middle Ages, when Pope John XXII was admonished for errors which he later recanted on his deathbed.
    https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/br...ating-heresies
    Sounds interesting!! But probably will take till deathbed for repentance, if ever!
    Last edited by demi-conservative; 09-26-2017 at 12:24 AM.
    Trump is basically "Bruce Wayne pretending to be a foppish retarded billionaire" tier genius, in case nerds need a simpler metaphor.

2. Amen Darth Executor amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Francis is a liberal. He won't care.

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals --- Manya the Holy Szin --- The Quintara Marathon ---

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common --- Stephen R. Donaldson ---

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill the Cat View Post
    Francis is a liberal. He won't care.
    according to the article they released the letter publicly since Francis ignored them completely when they sent it to him earlier.

Must...have...caffeine One Bad Pig's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    The wrap-around advertisement for the Washington Post Express yesterday was paid for by "Catholics for Choice" and featured a "devout" ex-nun and grandmother.
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio

I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    The claim that "no similar action has taken place within the Catholic Church since the Middle Ages" seems false. Ultimately, this is basically the same thing as when some notable Catholics made a formal dissent from Humanae Vitae, which wasn't even a century ago. As far as I can tell, that claim just gets made to try to make this seem like a bigger deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    according to the article they released the letter publicly since Francis ignored them completely when they sent it to him earlier.
    Past popes have sometimes taken over a year to answer dubias. Considering that, expecting a response in less than 2 months (which is what this group apparently did) seems a bit presumptuous.
    Last edited by Terraceth; 09-26-2017 at 10:52 PM.

7. Amen Rushing Jaws amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Terraceth View Post
    Ultimately, this is basically the same thing as when some notable Catholics made a formal dissent from Humanae Vitae, which wasn't even a century ago.
    Seems to me there is big difference. Lots of libs Catholics don't like Humanae Vitae because they want to ignore doctrine of Catholics, instead follow world!! On other hand in 'filial coorection' they are asking Francis to stop spread of heresy.
    Trump is basically "Bruce Wayne pretending to be a foppish retarded billionaire" tier genius, in case nerds need a simpler metaphor.