Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

Hearing Friday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thewriteranon View Post
    With only half a semester of civil procedure under my belt, it's my understanding that a no show from a party results in a default judgement.

But again, half semester.
    That's what I'm hoping for but since there was a judgment in place that was being appealed, I'm not sure it would default to setting aside the existing judgment.
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
      That's what I'm hoping for but since there was a judgment in place that was being appealed, I'm not sure it would default to setting aside the existing judgment.
      Well, we can hope.

Eta: nothing I say should be construed as legal advice.
      Last edited by thewriteranon; 09-29-2017, 03:59 PM.

"Fire is catching. If we burn, you burn with us!"
      "I'm not going anywhere. I'm going to stay here and cause all kinds of trouble."
      Katniss Everdeen

Christ our Passover has been sacrificed for us. Therefore let us keep the feast.

Comment

Well, we can hope.

No prob - I'm a legal geek, not a lawyer. I don't take my own advice.
        "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

With only half a semester of civil procedure under my belt, it's my understanding that a no show from a party results in a default judgement.

But again, half semester.
          That's my experience. It's like when the police officer who issued a traffic ticket doesn't show up if you're fighting it. Still no telling since we're talking about Alabamastan.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Well, we can hope.

Looks like you're catching on. They'll make a lawyer out of you yet.
            Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
            sigpic
            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment