Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Another one dies...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another one dies...

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/27/b...imes&smtyp=cur

Paul Horner, Fake News Writer Who Took Credit for Trump Victory, Dies at 38

Paul Horner, a writer who trolled the nation with his fabricated news stories and claimed that he was responsible for Donald J. Trump’s election victory, died last week. The cause was a suspected drug overdose, the authorities in Arizona said Wednesday.

Mr. Horner, 38, was found dead in his bed in Laveen, Ariz., on Sept. 18, according to Mark Casey, a Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office spokesman.

His family said he had been known to abuse prescription drugs, Mr. Casey said, and “evidence at the scene suggested this could be an accidental overdose.” There were no signs of foul play.
    Mr. Horner’s fraudulent articles could be found on Facebook, various news domains that he created, and in years past, on the fake news website National Report.

“My sites were picked up by Trump supporters all the time,” he told The Post. “I think Trump is in the White House because of me. His followers don’t fact-check anything — they’ll post everything, believe anything. His campaign manager posted my story about a protester getting paid $3,500 as fact. Like, I made that up. I posted a fake ad on Craigslist.”
    That's what
    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
    - Stephen R. Donaldson

A fake news purveyor is writing about the death of another fake new purveyor? Ironic.

Comment