Cynical

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cynical

I find it hard not to be cynical when I see all these different things happen. One of my favorite songs is " I don't want to grow up" by the Ramones. Life is hard and honestly I have this struggle between seeing oppurtunity and wanting to do good and seeing just how much evil is out there.
    sigpic

Originally posted by TheWall View Post
    I find it hard not to be cynical when I see all these different things happen. One of my favorite songs is " I don't want to grow up" by the Ramones. Life is hard and honestly I have this struggle between seeing oppurtunity and wanting to do good and seeing just how much evil is out there.
    Welcome to the world Wall! When I was growing up we had drills every week in school for when the Russians dropped a nuke on our heads! Talk about scaring the poop out of us!
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
      Welcome to the world Wall! When I was growing up we had drills every week in school for when the Russians dropped a nuke on our heads! Talk about scaring the poop out of us!
      Yeah I have heard about things like that. Iron giant talked about that.
      sigpic

Comment

When I was a kid I would hear a lot of the Christian adults around me say things like, "Come quickly, Lord Jesus." Basically, the whole "I'm tired of this life." Back then I would think, that's great, but not quite yet, yeah? I have a life to live.

Well, now that I've lived a bit of life I'm totally on board with that.
        I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Jesus told us this kind of stuff would happen - human nature didn't just up and change. But the same Jesus that died for you died for the sins of the world - including those being committed now. He knew all this stuff before we were even a thought in out ancestors heads. None of humanity's evil or cruelty comes as a surprise to Him - and He saved us anyway.

Quit looking to the world for hope - that's not where it is. Look to Him - and start loving the lost as He did.

Would be nice if we got to whack them with boffo bats, however.
          "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

(typed in "youtube MxPx" and this was the very first suggestion )
            Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
            sigpic
            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
              Jesus told us this kind of stuff would happen - human nature didn't just up and change. But the same Jesus that died for you died for the sins of the world - including those being committed now. He knew all this stuff before we were even a thought in out ancestors heads. None of humanity's evil or cruelty comes as a surprise to Him - and He saved us anyway.

Quit looking to the world for hope - that's not where it is. Look to Him - and start loving the lost as He did.

Would be nice if we got to whack them with boffo bats, however.
              I never said I wasnt looking to christ just that it is difficult not to feel jaded. If anything in my christian walk and in resisting sin I have found that I have a better understanding of hope. Besides despair is a multiplication on sin that leads us to forget what christ has allready done.
              I have my whole life ahead of me which means much sanctification and struggle. It is worth it.
              sigpic

Comment

As it turns out, the degree of evil and deception gives excellent opportunity to find a way, in Christ, to guide people out of the muck. God is equipping you for such tasks.

Comment

I never said I wasnt looking to christ just that it is difficult not to feel jaded. If anything in my christian walk and in resisting sin I have found that I have a better understanding of hope. Besides despair is a multiplication on sin that leads us to forget what christ has allready done.
                  I have my whole life ahead of me which means much sanctification and struggle. It is worth it.
                  I get you - but looking to Him is part of not becoming jaded. When you find yourself wanting to write off the world, remember He still loves all those idiots - and they aren't beyond His help.
                  "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

I think you're on the right path. Just remember that our struggle is not with flesh and blood, it's spiritual in nature. All the chaos you see in the world right now is just the adversary attempting to cause division, and distract people from what's really important, which is Jesus Christ and his Good News.

Comment

I think at some point I am going to reread the screwtape letters. Also maybe sickness unto death.
                      sigpic

Comment

Maybe this will help.
                        Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                        sigpic
                        I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post

Maybe this will help.
                          Dude this band is awesome.
                          What other music do you reccomend.
                          sigpic

Comment

Dude this band is awesome.
                            What other music do you reccomend.
                            Haven't listened to Rick Cua for ages, actually. Not sure what brought that song to mind. The album is "Midnight Son".

You might like Petra, who recorded music for 3 decades.

70's: Come and Join Us

80's: It is Finished

90's: Creed

sigpic

Comment