Announcement

Collapse

General Theistics 101 Guidelines

This area is open for nontheists and theists to interact on issues of theism and faith in a civilized manner. We ask that nontheist participation respect the theistic views of others and not seek to undermine theism in general, or advocate for nontheism. Such posts are more suited for and allowable in Apologetics 301 with very little restriction.

The moderators of this area are given great discretion to determine if a particular thread or comment would more appropriately belong in another forum area.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Hugh Hefner is now in hell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
    It is currently illegal in Australia, not primarily because of religion which has minimal influence in the great land of OZ, but sadly because of rampant homophobia. But it will be legalised in due course.
    I thought you didn't care about religion but only in the fact that it is interfering in such things as homosexual marriage? But here you are saying you don't really care about homosexual marriage but only whether RELIGION is against it. You have just admitted that it is actually religion that you are upset about, not the issues themselves.

Getting to you am I.
    wow, you again admit that it is your hatred of religion that matters, not the issues.

One doesn't hate something as silly as religion. What I object to is religion taking it upon itself the right to impose it's beliefs and moral codes on everyone else. This applies equally to Islam as to Christianity. Buddhism tends to be more gentle.
    from your comments above, it is clear that you don't really care about the issues, but just use them as an excuse to attack what you really hate: Christianity.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      I thought you didn't care about religion but only in the fact that it is interfering in such things as homosexual marriage?
      Correct!

But here you are saying you don't really care about homosexual marriage but only whether RELIGION is against it. You have just admitted that it is actually religion that you are upset about, not the issues themselves.
      I care about equal rights for all, including homosexual marriage. But in Australia, unlike the USA, it is not so much religion that’s the problem (religion has very little influence in Australia), but the regrettable innate homophobia of many Australians. I thought I made this clear.

wow, you again admit that it is your hatred of religion that matters, not the issues.
      No!

from your comments above, it is clear that you don't really care about the issues, but just use them as an excuse to attack what you really hate: Christianity.
      No!
      “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

Correct!

I care about equal rights for all, including homosexual marriage. But in Australia, unlike the USA, it is not so much religion that’s the problem (religion has very little influence in Australia), but the regrettable innate homophobia of many Australians. I thought I made this clear.
        you did.

So if you don't really care about religion but about the issues why are you not out fighting for homosexual marriage in Australia? Why are you not making threads arguing for it and condemning the Australian government for denying the rights of homosexuals?

because religion is not involved. And all you really care about is condemning Christianity, not about homosexual rights.

Comment

you did.

So if you don't really care about religion...
          But I DO care about religion. Not the beliefs, which are just silly, but the impact it has on the rest of the world, e.g. the ISIS killing of eight people walking and cycling on a New York City bike path the other day. Or the Evangelical influence in getting an ignorant sociopath into the White House in order to stack the Supreme Court in their favour, not to mention his reckless goading of Nth Korea, which may jeopardise the safety of the whole world.
          Last edited by Tassman; 11-01-2017, 11:01 PM.
          “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

But I DO care about religion. Not the beliefs, which are just silly, but the impact it has on the rest of the world, e.g. the ISIS killing of eight people walking and cycling on a New York City bike path the other day. Or the Evangelical influence in getting an ignorant sociopath into the White House in order to stack the Supreme Court in their favour, not to mention his reckless goading of Nth Korea, which may jeopardise the safety of the whole world.
            But you don't care about the actual issues, Tassman, because you are not complaining about the Australian government keeping homosexual marriage illegal. If you only care when "religion" gets involved in such things, then your problem is not with the issue at all but with religion. Everyone sees that Tassy. You can't hide it.

Comment

But you don't care about the actual issues, Tassman, because you are not complaining about the Australian government keeping homosexual marriage illegal.
              What makes you think I’m not participating in the Australian debate about legalising ssm? Of course I am.

If you only care when "religion" gets involved in such things, then your problem is not with the issue at all but with religion.
              The “problem is” when religion interferes in the legislative process on the basis of its belief system. No one has the right to impose his private morality on anyone else.

Everyone sees that Tassy. You can't hide it.
              Oh right, “everyone says”...shades of Donald Trump.

Comment

What makes you think I’m not participating in the Australian debate about legalising ssm? Of course I am.
                sure you are. LOL. Well this is the civics forum, why haven't you done so? You seem to have plenty of time to whine about American politics.

The “problem is” when religion interferes in the legislative process on the basis of its belief system. No one has the right to impose his private morality on anyone else.
                Tassman, beside the fact that is exactly what the liberals do all the time, including you, it remains that everyone here sees right through you. You hate Christianity and that is what drives you.

Oh right, “everyone says”...shades of Donald Trump.
                "sees" Everyone sees it Tassy. right through you.

Comment

sure you are. LOL. Well this is the civics forum, why haven't you done so? You seem to have plenty of time to whine about American politics.
                  Stop whining!

Tassman, beside the fact that is exactly what the liberals do all the time, including you, it remains that everyone here sees right through you. You hate Christianity and that is what drives you.
                  Oh well then, it must be true if you say so.

"sees" Everyone sees it Tassy. right through you.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                    So you’re saying that non-believers will be eternally happier in hell anyway? So, what[’]s the big deal then[?]
                    Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                    No, they’re not going to be happy in any sense. It just strikes me as odd that someone would complain about God not allowing the unrepentant into heaven when there is nothing about heaven that they would find the least appealing.
                    I believe the ‘weeping and gnashing of teeth’ texts (found in the Synoptic Gospels)* contradict this sentiment. There the unrighteous are depicted as being exceedingly sorrowful and filled with rage for being denied access into the heavenly kingdom. It is true that the wicked in no way belong in the kingdom and would surely taint and defile it should they be granted an inheritance there, but they will desire it nonetheless.

* See Matthew 8:12; 13:42, 50; 22:13; 24:51; 25:30; Luke 13:28.
                    For Neo-Remonstration (Arminian/Remonstrant ruminations): <https://theremonstrant.blogspot.com>

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X