Announcement

Collapse

General Theistics 101 Guidelines

This area is open for nontheists and theists to interact on issues of theism and faith in a civilized manner. We ask that nontheist participation respect the theistic views of others and not seek to undermine theism in general, or advocate for nontheism. Such posts are more suited for and allowable in Apologetics 301 with very little restriction.

The moderators of this area are given great discretion to determine if a particular thread or comment would more appropriately belong in another forum area.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Hugh Hefner is now in hell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Starlight View Post
    I can understand you having no desire to try to defend your indefensible and deeply hypocritical worldview.
    Or he has no desire to refute more Starlight strawman.
    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
      Yes please, I didn't miss anything, but please do teach me what ultimately has to do with this argument. It doesn't Lilpix.
      "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
      GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Post #128, go read it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
          I won't presume to know Hugh Hefner's fate, but I do know that he was a purveyor of smut and that he irreparably harmed American culture.
          Well we all know that anyone who grabs women's genitals and talks smutty can irreparably harm American culture.

Comment

• Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
            The irreparable harm to American culture is self inflicted.
            To a point, yes, but those who dangled the proverbial apple in front of us bear a larger share of the blame.
            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Awe, its not irreparable, just need to expose and impeach the con man crook and his swamp creatures from office. We overcame the civil war, we can certainly recover from this creep and his gang.
              I believe it is an illusion of delusions that we actually overcame or got over the civil war, because about half of the population of the South is still fighting the Civil War. A considerable percentage of Southerners still support secession from the US, and believe the original secession was a legal political move.

The Southern Swamps have moved to Washington.

Comment

Post #128, go read it.
                GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Mark 10:13-15,
                  . . . And they brought young children to him, that he should touch them: and his disciples rebuked those that brought them. But when Jesus saw it, he was much displeased, and said unto them, Allow the little children to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God. Truly I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child, he shall in no way enter therein. And he took them up in his arms, put his hands upon them, and blessed them. . . .

John 3:3,
                  . . . Jesus answered and said unto him, Very truthfully, I say unto thee, Except a man be born over, he cannot see the kingdom of God. . . .

Children's names remain in the book of life. Because Christ died for all mankind (1 John 2:2). And children have not come to their age of reason where they must decide for themselves.

Revelation 20:15,
                  . . . And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

So unless once people who have come to their age of reason accept God's favor, their names will be blotted out of the book of life because all people are sinful. (Romans 3:23-26).

Psalm 69:26-27,
                  . . . Add iniquity unto their iniquity: and let them not come into thy righteousness. Let them be blotted out of the book of the living, and not be written with the righteous. . . .

Revelation 3:5,
                  . . . He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will in no way blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels. . . .

1 John 5:4-5,
                  . . . For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith. Who is he that overcometh the world? But he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God. . . .
                  . . . the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; . . . -- Romans 1:16 KJV

. . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1 KJV

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                    Well we all know that anyone who grabs women's genitals and talks smutty can irreparably harm American culture.
                    Unless they are liberals.
                    Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

I believe it is an illusion of delusions that we actually overcame or got over the civil war, because about half of the population of the South is still fighting the Civil War. A considerable percentage of Southerners still support secession from the US, and believe the original secession was a legal political move.
                      Sure, a considerable percentage of Southerners still support secession from the US. But, according to this, so do a considerable percentage of Northerners and a considerable percentage of Westerners.

Comment

• Better check up on your own reading comprehension skills there Lilpix, you can't even comprehend your own words. 'If only god can can take a life, then prima facie, others can't.'

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                          I find it ironic that they claim he spurred the sexual revolution, yet what he did was sexually exploit young women and turn them into objects and literal play things. So much for sexual equality.
                          Libs not sure whether to praise him for pushing sex libism, or attack him for exploiting women. Sad!!!
                          Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

The Southern Swamps have moved to Washington.
                            Well sure, to a degree, but we still survived it and have managed fairly well as a country for 155 yrs or so since. You are always going to have a certain percentage of, dare I say, deplorables, ready and willing to come out of their caves when the times seem advantageous to their goal. Trump was waiting for just such a time. For what it's worth, he actually said that just before beginning his campaign. With respect to his decision to run, he said to his family, its time. We can all interpret that however we like, of course, but the way I interpret it is that Trump is a venomous snake, who, along with his Boss and finacier, Vladimir Putin, have just been waiting for the right opportunity to pour their poison into the porches of vulnerable ears. We are now going to find out if our democracy, our democratic institutions, are antidote strong enough to withstand the poison now coursing through the body. I think they are, particularly because Authoritarian wannabee Trump made some crucial mistakes along the way and so was unable to wrest away the power of those institutions, those safeguards of democracy, and now the snake in the grass can do nothing about it but wait for the antidote to run its course and throw him back in the pit where he belongs. Lock him up! Lock him up! We overcame the Nixon scandel as well, though the Trump scandel is far worse than Nixon ever thought of being.
                            Last edited by JimL; 10-01-2017, 07:05 PM.

Comment

Better check up on your own reading comprehension skills there Lilpix, you can't even comprehend your own words. 'If only god can can take a life, then prima facie, others can't.'
                              GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Now thats a lie lilpix. Shame on you! You actually changed the words in post #128 to read as above. Tsk Tsk. Don't forget to confess now!

Comment