Announcement

Collapse

General Theistics 101 Guidelines

This area is open for nontheists and theists to interact on issues of theism and faith in a civilized manner. We ask that nontheist participation respect the theistic views of others and not seek to undermine theism in general, or advocate for nontheism. Such posts are more suited for and allowable in Apologetics 301 with very little restriction.

The moderators of this area are given great discretion to determine if a particular thread or comment would more appropriately belong in another forum area.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Hugh Hefner is now in hell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Catholicity View Post
    God doesn't send people to hell
    Unbiblical bull faeces, sold by modern Church of Niceness.
    Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      you don't go to hell for not believing in God. You go to hell for sinning.
      You mean like committing adultery? Poor Donald!

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
        No you don't, we are all sinners, remember. If the above were true, we would all go to hell. According to your religion that is!
        Well it is written, ". . . He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be My son. But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death. . . ." Revelation 21:7-8 (Revelation 20:15; Revelation 3:5; 1 John 5:4, 9-12.)

Well there are two conditions mentioned here. Those who overcome and are counted as children of God and are then therefore safe. And that everyone otherwise are indeed lost.
        . . . the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; . . . -- Romans 1:16 KJV

. . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1 KJV

Comment

• Originally posted by 37818 View Post
          Well it is written, ". . . He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be My son. But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death. . . ." Revelation 21:7-8 (Revelation 20:15; Revelation 3:5; 1 John 5:4, 9-12.)

Well there are two conditions mentioned here. Those who overcome and are counted as children of God and are then therefore safe. And that everyone otherwise are indeed lost.
          Yes, like I said, silliness.

Comment

Originally posted by 37818 View Post

Yes, like I said, silliness.
            What is the silliness you refer to? Why is it silliness?
            . . . the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; . . . -- Romans 1:16 KJV

. . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1 KJV

Comment

What is the silliness you refer to? Why is it silliness?
              For one thing the idea that you believe that god communicated those very words to men, and that men didn't cook them up themselves is silly. Second the idea that sinners, you know people, are going to burn in a lake of fire and brimstone in a second death is also silly. Why is it silly? Because there is no good reason to believe any of it!

Comment

Well it is written, ". . . He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be My son. But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death. . . ." Revelation 21:7-8 (Revelation 20:15; Revelation 3:5; 1 John 5:4, 9-12.)

Yes it is written, by men. Who else would write it, God?

Comment

For one thing the idea that you believe that god communicated those very words to men, and that men didn't cook them up themselves is silly. Second the idea that sinners, you know people, are going to burn in a lake of fire and brimstone in a second death is also silly. Why is it silly? Because there is no good reason to believe any of it!
                  So how do you know that God did not communicate to men those things? You're silly based on your own argument. OK, let's just say there is no God and therefore no judgement, there being no God and no kind of second death there being no kind of judgement. That when one is dead there is no consciousness beyond this life. Now when we die, all awareness ends for us. So if my understanding is wrong, when I am dead, I am not going to know I was wrong. You cannot say that if what I understand is true. You have no out.

Your claiming no good reason and having no reason to know you are right - you're being silly by your own standard.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                    Yes it is written, by men. Who else would write it, God?
                    Yes, men wrote down the words, men copied them. And later translated them and were printed. And so based on that you are contending God didn't give those words to men.

Comment

No you don't, we are all sinners, remember. If the above were true, we would all go to hell. According to your religion that is!
                      exactly. Believing in God is how we avoid going to hell. Sinning is the reason we go to hell.

If you were convicted for a crime and thrown in prison, but were told that if you asked the governor, he could get you released, would that governor be the reason you were sent to prison? No, he might be the reason you get out, but the reason you are in prison was because you are a criminal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                        Believing in God is how we avoid going to hell.
                        No. Repenting and accepting God's grace is how we avoid going to hell. Mere belief is not enough.

"You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that--and shudder." -James 2:19
                        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by demi-conservative View Post
                          Originally posted by Catholicity
                          God doesn't send people to hell
                          Unbiblical bull faeces, sold by modern Church of Niceness.
                          On the contrary, it is long-standing belief that people choose their fate. Not sure why you felt the need to exclude that part of her statement.
                          Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                          sigpic
                          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                            You mean like committing adultery? Poor Donald!
                            Yes, Trump is a sinner. He can also repent of his sin and attain salvation from eternal death. Just like you!
                            Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                            sigpic
                            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                              On the contrary, it is long-standing belief that people choose their fate. Not sure why you felt the need to exclude that part of her statement.
                              People choosing their fate doesn't mean God doesn't send people to hell. IE: a criminal chooses to commit a crime and the judge sentences him to prison.
                              "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                                No. Repenting and accepting God's grace is how we avoid going to hell. Mere belief is not enough.

"You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that--and shudder." -James 2:19
                                Trying to keep it simple for Jimmy.

Comment