Page 2 of 48 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 474

Thread: Hugh Hefner is now in hell

  1. #11
    tWebber Christianbookworm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Northern Hemisphere
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    8,802
    Amen (Given)
    5152
    Amen (Received)
    1629
    He should be ashamed of himself! Porn is shameful. Treating women like pleasure objects is shameful.
    If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

  2. #12
    tWebber Mountain Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    United States
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    11,767
    Amen (Given)
    4831
    Amen (Received)
    4457
    I won't presume to know Hugh Hefner's fate, but I do know that he was a purveyor of smut and that he irreparably harmed American culture.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God


    From "Fools Gold" by Petra

  3. Amen Teallaura amen'd this post.
  4. #13
    tWebber 37818's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    So. California
    Faith
    Nontraditional Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,185
    Amen (Given)
    815
    Amen (Received)
    442
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill the Cat View Post
    Humans go 1 of 2 places. Hell or heaven.
    OK, then who are resurrected in the judgement from the sea and death (Revelation 20:13)?

    ". . . the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: . . ."
    . . . the Gospel of Christ, for it is [the] power of God to salvation to every [one] believing, . . . -- Romans 1:16.

    . . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3, 4.

    Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1.

  5. #14
    Thanks Old Man... Bill the Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Central VA
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    13,741
    Amen (Given)
    7090
    Amen (Received)
    7321
    Quote Originally Posted by 37818 View Post
    OK, then who are resurrected in the judgement from the sea and death (Revelation 20:13)?

    ". . . the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: . . ."
    From a literal perspective:
    Cambridge Bible Commentary
    Death gave up all the bodies of men, and hades their souls, to be united to their bodies. All, whether buried (death) or unburied (in the sea), are raised and judged.

    And a symbolic one:
    Pulpit Commentary
    The sea being a type of the ungodly nations, the sentence may mean those spiritually dead, but living on the earth at the time of the judgment. The next clause seems to support this view. And death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them; death and Hades (see Revelation 1:18; Revelation 6:8). As in Revelation 6:8, the two - really one - are mentioned separately, the latter being looked upon as the guard house of those whom the former has seized. This clause, taken in conjunction with the preceding one, may mean - From the ungodly nations, those physically living but spiritually dead were called up for judgment, and also those who were actually dead, having been seized by death and Hades. And they were judged every man according to their works. A solemn repetition of ver. 12


    Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals --- Manya the Holy Szin --- The Quintara Marathon ---

    I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common --- Stephen R. Donaldson ---

  6. Amen Adrift amen'd this post.
  7. #15
    tWebber Darth Executor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Kazakhstan
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,918
    Amen (Given)
    1699
    Amen (Received)
    2604
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    I find it ironic that they claim he spurred the sexual revolution, yet what he did was have consensual sex with strong, independent women who don't need no man. Praise sexual equality.
    Fixed.
    "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

    There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

  8. Amen Sparko amen'd this post.
  9. #16
    tWebber 37818's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    So. California
    Faith
    Nontraditional Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,185
    Amen (Given)
    815
    Amen (Received)
    442
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill the Cat View Post
    From a literal perspective:
    Cambridge Bible Commentary
    Death gave up all the bodies of men, and hades their souls, to be united to their bodies. All, whether buried (death) or unburied (in the sea), are raised and judged.

    And a symbolic one:
    Pulpit Commentary
    The sea being a type of the ungodly nations, the sentence may mean those spiritually dead, but living on the earth at the time of the judgment. The next clause seems to support this view. And death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them; death and Hades (see Revelation 1:18; Revelation 6:8). As in Revelation 6:8, the two - really one - are mentioned separately, the latter being looked upon as the guard house of those whom the former has seized. This clause, taken in conjunction with the preceding one, may mean - From the ungodly nations, those physically living but spiritually dead were called up for judgment, and also those who were actually dead, having been seized by death and Hades. And they were judged every man according to their works. A solemn repetition of ver. 12
    OK. So goats in their judgement didn't know they were lost until then (Matthew 25:41) . And those who called Jesus "Lord, Lord" also didn't know they were lost until Jesus said He never knew them (Matthew 7:21-23).
    . . . the Gospel of Christ, for it is [the] power of God to salvation to every [one] believing, . . . -- Romans 1:16.

    . . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3, 4.

    Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1.

  10. #17
    tWebber shunyadragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Hillsborough, NC
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    12,992
    Amen (Given)
    1277
    Amen (Received)
    878
    Quote Originally Posted by seer View Post
    I don't think they party in hell...
    Have you been there? Maybe Mark Twain is right.
    Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
    Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

    go with the flow the river knows . . .

    Frank

    I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

  11. #18
    tWebber Starlight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    New Zealand
    Faith
    Atheist
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,848
    Amen (Given)
    2565
    Amen (Received)
    1550
    Quote Originally Posted by Christianbookworm View Post
    Porn is shameful. Treating women like pleasure objects is shameful.
    So... gay porn is morally superior?

  12. Amen Darth Executor amen'd this post.
  13. #19
    tWebber Starlight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    New Zealand
    Faith
    Atheist
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,848
    Amen (Given)
    2565
    Amen (Received)
    1550
    It makes me sad you guys would worship a God who would send people to hell. Says a lot about you as people really.

  14. Amen JimL, stfoskey15 amen'd this post.
  15. #20
    tWebber seer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    New England
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    21,170
    Amen (Given)
    1175
    Amen (Received)
    4242
    Quote Originally Posted by shunyadragon View Post
    Have you been there? Maybe Mark Twain is right.
    I take Christ, not Twain, as my authority on hell.

    Or as ‘Abdu’l-Bahá says:

    The rewards of the other world are the perfections and the peace obtained in the spiritual worlds after leaving this world … the spiritual graces, the various spiritual gifts in the Kingdom of God, the gaining of the desires of the heart and the soul, and the meeting of God in the world of eternity. In the same way the punishments of the other world … consist in being deprived of the special divine blessings and the absolute bounties, and falling into the lowest degrees of existence. He who is deprived of these divine favours, although he continues after death, is considered as dead by the people of truth.

    http://reference.bahai.org/en/t/o/BN...ighlight#pg191
    Last edited by seer; 09-28-2017 at 10:02 PM.
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •