X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got a record player.

Fun stuff.
    sigpic

Now, the important part - do you have any records?
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
      Now, the important part - do you have any records?
      My mom does. I can get my own over time. She let's me borrow hers.
      sigpic

Comment

My old record player is good enough, but it is sort of hard to find recordings these days.

EdisonPhonograph.jpg
        Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
          My old record player is good enough, but it is sort of hard to find recordings these days.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]24254[/ATTACH]
          Please return that to Mossy right now, before the Moderators become forced to take action.

For the Wall, enjoy the record player. Let us know how it compares to CDs.

Comment

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
            Please return that to Mossy right now, before the Moderators become forced to take action.

For the Wall, enjoy the record player. Let us know how it compares to CDs.
            That isn't mossy's record player

THIS is mossy's record player:

Unfortunately she has been having problems getting a new needle for it since the last of that particular species of bird went extinct in the Late Miocene some 6.5 mya (give or take a week)

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

record player? that plays those giant black CDs right?

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post

[ATTACH=CONFIG]24254[/ATTACH]
                There's actually been a significant increase in record production and sales the last few years. They have gone back in style.
                "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                  There's actually been a significant increase in record production and sales the last few years. They have gone back in style.
                  And for good reason. In a world full of disposable music where we cram thousands of songs onto our PCs and phones, and may never look at an album cover, there's nothing quite as cool as actually owning a piece of the music you're listening to, especially with some of those big colorful gatefolds and colored vinyl. Also, some albums just sound better with age. My old The Cure and Sisters of Mercy albums sound better as they naturally acquire those familiar clicks and pops. Makes them sound more gothic. Like I found them in some old castle keep or something. But as someone who never stopped collecting albums (used to work at an actual vinyl record shop back in the 90s), this increase in vinyl sales has made it really hard to find the good stuff anymore, or at least, find it at a price I don't mind paying.

Comment

Seriously. Make sure your player has a good needle. A worn or bad needle will ruin a good record.
                    . . . the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; . . . -- Romans 1:16 KJV

. . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1 KJV

Comment

Basic lyrics I admit I know little about this stuff. It just seems interesting.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheWall View Post
                        Basic lyrics I admit I know little about this stuff. It just seems interesting.
                        I'm sorry, I don't understand what you're saying.
                        "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

It keeps turning basicly into basic lyrics for some reason.
                          sigpic

Comment

Autocorrrect at work. Autocorrect is a bigger nuisance than a help.
                            3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)

Comment

It's spelled, "basically".

Comment