Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Triumph of Trump: NFL kneeling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Triumph of Trump: NFL kneeling

Only 11 NFL players did not stand during the national anthem during the first set of games Sunday.

That is a stark contrast from the 180 who kneeled last week, according to ESPN’s Darren Rovell.
    http://dailycaller.com/2017/10/01/nf...fuse-to-kneel/
    Looks like another round won, many more to go!!!
    Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Originally posted by demi-conservative View Post
    Good!
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

They all kneeled in support of the issue, which it seems most of you idiots don't even know what the issue is, last week in response to Trumps rant you moron. They weren't kneeling before his rant, and they needn't do so all year to make their point. They did it as a show of support, but they also did it in protest of Trumps anti democratic stance against free speech. Now can't Putin find anything more productive for you to do?
      Last edited by JimL; 10-01-2017, 08:15 PM.

Comment

. . . and Napoleon won the Battle of Waterloo.

No owners nor coaches are firing anyone for kneeling during the National Anthem, and it is clear that the NFL is denying Trump's dictatorial decree that it be done.
        Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
        Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
        But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
          They all kneeled in support of the issue, which it seems most of you idiots don't even know what the issue is, last week in response to Trumps rant you moron. They weren't kneeling before his rant, and they needn't do so all year to make their point. They did it as a show of support, but they also did it in protest of Trumps anti democratic stance against free speech. Now can't Putin find anything productive for you to do?
          That’s rich to hear a Democrat complain about free speech while supporting rioters, that think it’s okay to punch people for ‘being Nazis.’ Got anymore clueless things to say?
          "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
          GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
            That’s rich to hear a Democrat complain about free speech while supporting rioters, that think it’s okay to punch people for ‘being Nazis.’ Got anymore clueless things to say?
            You have no problem just making crap up do you lilpix?

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
              You have no problem just making crap up do you lilpix?
              That’s funny coming from someone I just caught making up stuff, but do you agree it’s okay to punch ‘Nazis’ and it’s fine to disrupt a speech by shouting till the speaker goes away? Sorry Jimmy, but Democrats hardly have anything to complain about when it comes to violating free speech.
              "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
              GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

It's not that Trump did anything to stop it; Trump's comments were the reason there was mass kneeling in the first place. It only needed to be done once to make the point which was why it wasn't repeated this week. The idea that Trump solved a problem that was mostly caused by him in the first place is spin jujitsu Baghdad Bob would be proud of.
                Last edited by KingsGambit; 10-01-2017, 08:52 PM.
                "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                  And of course antifa has taught us that "being a Nazi" means disagreeing with them about anything.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

It looks like the NBA is reacting preemptively by banning such demonstrations before their season starts. I'm actually surprised that the MSM didn't do their typical spinning on their eyebrows spitting out wooden nickles response to it.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                      It's not that Trump did anything to stop it; Trump's comments were the reason there was mass kneeling in the first place. It only needed to be done once to make the point which was why it wasn't repeated this week. The idea that Trump solved a problem that was mostly caused by him in the first place is spin jujitsu Baghdad Bob would be proud of.
                      It was simple economics. Viewership has sharply dropped. Attendance/ticket sales is way down. And DirecTV is offering refunds to those who purchased their NFL package. Several polls show that the public is opposed to these antics by something like a 2-to-1 margin, although the MSM (which heavily supports it) tries to cover this up by simply reporting that the country is "divided" over the issue (I'm sure that's exactly how they would portray it if the public supported it by a 2-to-1 margin ). OTOH, the public also opposes Trump getting involved in this by a similar ratio (which the press is delighted to highlight).

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                        It looks like the NBA is reacting preemptively by banning such demonstrations before their season starts. I'm actually surprised that the MSM didn't do their typical spinning on their eyebrows spitting out wooden nickles response to it.
                        The NBA isn't doing anything other than stating the existence of a rule they've had for a long time. The only time it's ever come up in NBA history was in the mid 90s when a Muslim player refused to stand for the anthem on religious grounds, and he ended up working out a compromise with the league. (A rebellion against the NBA's current decree seems unlikely; the NBA commissioner is actually well liked by players. He built up a significant amount of good will on racial justice issues by kicking Donald Sterling out of the league a couple years ago.)

I'm skeptical that economic concerns played a broad role in the NFL players' decision not to repeat as their own salaries were not really at risk.
                        Last edited by KingsGambit; 10-01-2017, 10:39 PM.
                        "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
                          . . . and Napoleon won the Battle of Waterloo.

No owners nor coaches are firing anyone for kneeling during the National Anthem, and it is clear that the NFL is denying Trump's dictatorial decree that it be done.
                          I'll forgive you not understanding how Trump won because you're a simpleton but

You should know better.

Nobody said Trump solved a problem (though the bizarre idea that Trump started all this IS Baghdad Bob worthy). What demi said (accurately) is that Trump won. Which he did. He positioned himself as defender of the flag and anthem and his stupid opponents (I guess football really does do brain damage) took the plain and obvious bait he set. The point wasn't to win an argument with the players, the point was for Trump to rally his base against the NFL and their atrocious, anti-conservative double standards. And his victory was decisive. The NFL is losing a ton of money over this debacle and contra your insinuations that this was supposed to just be a 1 week thing the players almost certainly got hammered behind the scenes. At the end of the day the NFL is there to make money by entertaining people. The blatant disrespect the players show to the anthem (in the name of a false cause at that) does not entertain the typical white conservative families that watch their games. It takes some serious delusion to think this was anything other than a rout.
                          "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

The NBA isn't doing anything other than stating the existence of a rule they've had for a long time. The only time it's ever come up in NBA history was in the mid 90s when a Muslim player refused to stand for the anthem on religious grounds, and he ended up working out a compromise with the league. (A rebellion against the NBA's current decree seems unlikely; the NBA commissioner is actually well liked by players. He built up a significant amount of good will on racial justice issues by kicking Donald Sterling out of the league a couple years ago.)
                            The same rule exists in the NFL, the NFL simply isn't enforcing it in this case, which was part of the issue in the first place because they threatened to punish players for wearing memorial shoes to 9/11 victims and only backed off because of public outcry.

I'm skeptical that economic concerns played a broad role in the NFL players' decision not to repeat as their own salaries were not really at risk.
                            That makes no sense. They get paid because the NFL makes money. If ticket prices go down their pay will too, even if not right away.
                            "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
                              That makes no sense. They get paid because the NFL makes money. If ticket prices go down their pay will too, even if not right away.
                              Most players are in and out of the league within 2-3 years; I doubt there would be a seismic fall in salaries in that time. I wouldn't be surprised if somebody from the union circulated a message to knock it off though.

Comment