Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Triumph of Trump: NFL kneeling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    From the linked to article:

Here are the ugly details head to head in the same timeslots as last year:

Saints-Vikings 35.6 million viewers

Packers-Cowboys 48.5 million viewers

Jags-Steelers 31.4 million viewers

Steelers-Chiefs 37.1 million viewers

Titans-Patriots 26.7 million viewers

Texans-Patriots 29.8 million viewers

Falcons-Eagles 27.1 million viewers

Seahawks-Falcons 28.7 million viewers
    I saw those, thanks. I was referring to the numbers for the college games, which you brought up for comparison.
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
    sigpic
    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Looks like the NFL gotta bit of a reprieve what with the Patriots-Jaguars AFC Championship game being the highest-rated TV program since Super Bowl LI (last year). I wodner how the Eagles-Vikings game did.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        Looks like the NFL gotta bit of a reprieve what with the Patriots-Jaguars AFC Championship game being the highest-rated TV program since Super Bowl LI (last year). I wodner how the Eagles-Vikings game did.
        I know a lot of football fans who are planning to do something else on Super Bowl Sunday. The Patriots are loathed by a good majority of football fans, in large part because their success has been tainted by scandal; there is a perceived pro-Patriots bias in officiating crews (not helped by an official joining in a Patriots TD celebration on Sunday), and the cynical believe the fix will be no less in for the championship game.
        Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
        sigpic
        I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Vince McMahon just announced the resurrection of the XFL. Two of the stipulations: 1) All players will be required to stand during the anthem; and 2) No player will be allowed to have a criminal record.

http://www.breitbart.com/sports/2018...social-issues/
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
            I know a lot of football fans who are planning to do something else on Super Bowl Sunday. The Patriots are loathed by a good majority of football fans, in large part because their success has been tainted by scandal; there is a perceived pro-Patriots bias in officiating crews (not helped by an official joining in a Patriots TD celebration on Sunday), and the cynical believe the fix will be no less in for the championship game.
            The Patriots, my team btw, are loathed because they are so good, and have been so good for so long. People love the underdog. If I wasn't a Patriots fan since I was a kid, I'd probably loathe them as well. But that's a reason why a lot of people will want to watch the game, because they loathe the Patriots, and want to see them lose. You sound like one of those whining losers though OBP, never give the winning team credit, it must have been fixed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
              Vince McMahon just announced the resurrection of the XFL. Two of the stipulations: 1) All players will be required to stand during the anthem; and 2) No player will be allowed to have a criminal record.

http://www.breitbart.com/sports/2018...social-issues/
              Who cares?

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                Who cares?
                It ain't Grand Sumo, so I don't!
                I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Who cares?
                  Perhaps the millions of people who have stopped watching the NFL over the past few years...

Comment

The Patriots, my team btw, are loathed because they are so good, and have been so good for so long. People love the underdog. If I wasn't a Patriots fan since I was a kid, I'd probably loathe them as well. But that's a reason why a lot of people will want to watch the game, because they loathe the Patriots, and want to see them lose. You sound like one of those whining losers though OBP, never give the winning team credit, it must have been fixed.
                    Who cares?
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I'm shocked, shocked, to find out you're a Patriots fan. Among your many errors in this post, I'm leaning towards NOT watching because I think they'll win. Why in the world would I watch a game solely to hope one team lost? That makes no sense, Jim.

The only thing that truly shocks me here is that it took you so long to respond. Typically, a Pats troll will show up within milliseconds of someone posting something, anywhere, criticizing their team.

sigpic

Comment

• I think it's funny that JimL said this:

You sound like one of those whining losers though OBP, never give the winning team credit, it must have been fixed.
                        I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

• Source: Breitbart

No players from New England and Philadelphia were kneeling or sitting during the national anthem before the Super Bowl.

Nearly all the Patriots stood in line with their right hands over their hearts during Pink’s singing of the Star-Spangled Banner.

http://www.breitbart.com/sports/2018...uper-bowl-lii/

© Copyright Original Source

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                            Source: Breitbart

No players from New England and Philadelphia were kneeling or sitting during the national anthem before the Super Bowl.

Nearly all the Patriots stood in line with their right hands over their hearts during Pink’s singing of the Star-Spangled Banner.

http://www.breitbart.com/sports/2018...uper-bowl-lii/

© Copyright Original Source

There's a Super Bowl tonight?
                            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                              There's a Super Bowl tonight?
                              Apparently. Not that I bothered to watch it.

Comment

• I did. The only game this year. I was at a Superbowl party. Great game. Had everything you could ask for in a football game.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment