Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Triumph of Trump: NFL kneeling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• never seen a reuben at subway over here, i just wish they'd bring back the prime rib
    "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
      never seen a reuben at subway over here, i just wish they'd bring back the prime rib
      They just brought them back for a bit here. It was okay when I had it last year, but I think I can get a better reuben most places.
      Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
      sigpic
      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
        They just brought them back for a bit here. It was okay when I had it last year, but I think I can get a better reuben most places.
        Virtually any deli makes a superior sandwich.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• I don't think Subway is as much about quality as it is that it's cheap and better for you than a hamburger.
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
            I ordered some Papa Johns on Saturday, because I saw their ad during a football game and decided I wanted some.
            But that is only because you are a brainwashed consumer who does whatever the ads tell him to.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
              I don't think Subway is as much about quality as it is that it's cheap and better for you than a hamburger.
              But the smell of fresh baked bread is a plus!
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Source: Marshawn Lynch only stands for Mexican national anthem

Raiders running back Marshawn Lynch sat during most of U.S. anthem and stood for the Mexican anthem before their game against the Patriots at Azteca Stadium in Mexico City.

Lynch has not stood for the national anthem since returning from retirement this season.

There did not appear to be any other protests during the anthem as the afternoon games kicked off. Five NFL players protested during the national anthems before early games...

Source

© Copyright Original Source

Even as the protests are seemingly winding down it looks like attendance continues to drop. NFL HELL: Empty Seats Galore At Multiple Stadiums As Kneeling Backlash Continues In Week 11 shows half empty (or more) stadiums during several games.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• This late in the season, I doubt the TV ratings and attendance figures would bounce back even if the NFL collectively apologized for their misguided protests and started standing for the anthem.
                  Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                  But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                  Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

This late in the season, I doubt the TV ratings and attendance figures would bounce back even if the NFL collectively apologized for their misguided protests and started standing for the anthem.
                    Looking at the pictures from the latest week it is apparent that attendance continues to rapidly shrink. They have really shot themselves in the foot

0000000000000a6.jpg
                    A decade from now?

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                      Looking at the pictures from the latest week it is apparent that attendance continues to rapidly shrink. They have really shot themselves in the foot
                      Yet another round of deflategate?

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

This late in the season, I doubt the TV ratings and attendance figures would bounce back even if the NFL collectively apologized for their misguided protests and started standing for the anthem.
                        Have you seen the commercial yet?

http://www.nfl.com/videos/salute-to-...ervice-members
                        That's what
                        - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                        - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                        - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                          I have now.

Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                            Source: Marshawn Lynch only stands for Mexican national anthem

Raiders running back Marshawn Lynch sat during most of U.S. anthem and stood for the Mexican anthem before their game against the Patriots at Azteca Stadium in Mexico City.

Lynch has not stood for the national anthem since returning from retirement this season.

There did not appear to be any other protests during the anthem as the afternoon games kicked off. Five NFL players protested during the national anthems before early games...

Source

© Copyright Original Source

In some fairness, Lynch has always tended to be contrary just because.

I don't know when stadiums tend to be the most full, but it would be nice to have a common-ish time for these pictures so we could get an apples-to-apples comparison (say, mid-way through the 2nd quarter).
                            Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                            sigpic
                            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• NFL HELL: Empty Seats Trend Moves into Week 12 in Stadiums Across Country as Anthem Protests Continue

Comment

• What would Mom have said if she ever knew that you would write H-E- double hockey sticks -- in CAPITAL LETTERS no less -- for all the world to see?

Comment