Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Triumph of Trump: NFL kneeling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    There are HUGE differences.

A) MLK didn't advance false narratives to deal with issues. The "hands up don't shoot" thing is a total fraud.
    2) MLK fully accepted, and challenged his followers to accept, the fact that the blame was not only on one side.
    MLK was falsely accused of advancing Communism, whereas The NFL “kneelers” are being falsely accused of disrespecting the flag. In both instances their protests against police brutality and discrimination are re-framed in such a way as to discredit their just cause by people such as you (and Trump) for motives that look very much like racism.

You are incapable of grasping any of these concepts.
    You can’t help yourself, can you?
    “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

• Mountain Man before he forgot what he wrote (emphasis mine):
      So things are a little more even than 2011, but it still shows white suspects are statistically more likely to be shot at or killed by police,
      Mountain Man after he forgot what he wrote even though it was in the post he was replying to:
      Why you think this shows whites are statistically more likely...
      I didn't say "more likely", I said "disproportionately more likely".
      What an incompetent buffoon.
      Last edited by Roy; 10-18-2017, 05:28 AM.
      Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
      MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        MM cherry-picked data...
        No, I didn't. That was just the report I happened to find with an internet search.
        So you just "happened to find with an internet search" the report for the year which most fitted your claims, out of several reports on the same site? That's unlikely. It's more likely that you found that link in some article you liked.

Not that it matters. You did cherry-pick data, even if that was the only report you looked at, since you ignored the additional data available within that report.
        Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy View Post
          So you just "happened to find with an internet search" the report for the year which most fitted your claims, out of several reports on the same site?
          Yes. I found the report indirectly through another site.
          Last edited by Mountain Man; 10-18-2017, 06:00 AM.
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Yes. I found the report indirectly through another site.
            So you delete my suggestion that you found a link to the report in another article - and then confirm that you found a link to the report in another article.

Are you really so stupid that you think no-one will notice what you did there?

P.S. You also deleted the details of your cherry-picking. Apparently you have no answer to that.
            Last edited by Roy; 10-18-2017, 06:25 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
              Jim is intelligent and insightful, which is more than one can say for you with your constant carping and 'put-downs' which pass for debate in CP land.

So, his constant calling others "dummy", "idiot", "moron""...... has your stamp of approval.

So noted.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

MLK was falsely accused of advancing Communism,
                That's a totally irrelevant point, at which you seem to excel.

whereas The NFL “kneelers” are being falsely accused of disrespecting the flag.
                Walks like it, talks like it....

In both instances their protests against police brutality and discrimination are re-framed in such a way as to discredit their just cause by people such as you (and Trump) for motives that look very much like racism.
                MLK has already gone down in history for his great successes.... these NFL rebels? They make it all about themselves. Their message is getting lost in their drama.
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy View Post
                  Mountain Man before he forgot what he wrote (emphasis mine):Mountain Man after he forgot what he wrote even though it was in the post he was replying to:What an incompetent buffoon.
                  Let's go all the way back to my original post in this thread bthat got this ball rolling...

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                  Yes, let's ignore the multiple studies showing that blacks are disproportionately more likely to engage in criminal activity, that blacks are more likely to be armed, and that blacks are more likely to take a shot at police, yet despite all this, it's WHITES who are disproportionately more likely to be shot by police.

http://www.dailywire.com/news/7264/5...-aaron-bandler
                  Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                  But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                  Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Let's go all the way back to my original post in this thread bthat got this ball rolling...

I understand why you want to go back to that one. But it does nothing to help what you wrote in other posts.

Take a look, you wrote:

So things are a little more even than 2011, but it still shows white suspects are statistically more likely to be shot at or killed by police, if only slightly.
                    And then a bit later you wrote:

You even wrote that as a comment to Roy saying: "Why you think this shows whites are statistically more likely to be killed is a mystery." So he used the same expression as you did, namely "statistically more likely".

Are you doing this on purpose, or? I mean it is quite easy to demonstrate that what you are saying simply is not true.

Links:
                    http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/sh...l=1#post482560
                    http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/sh...l=1#post482887

Roy's post: http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/sh...l=1#post482705
                    "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

No, let's stick with the post I was replying to, and not pretend I was addressing something else you wrote days ago:
                      So things are a little more even than 2011, but it still shows white suspects are statistically more likely to be shot at or killed by police, ...
                      ... Why you think this shows whites are statistically more likely to be killed is a mystery...
                      You wrote "statistically more likely".

Apparently forgetting what you'd written even though it's on the screen in front of you isn't enough of a gaffe, you want to make yourself look even stupider by pretending you didn't make that gaffe even though it's obvious to anyone capable of using a scrollbar.

Comment

• Roy, just curious... do you concede that the "hands up don't shoot" thing is false narrative?

Comment

So, his constant calling others "dummy", "idiot", "moron""...... has your stamp of approval.
                          Apparently it has your own stamp of approval, so long as it is you and yours doing the name calling. You're like the school yard bully who picks on the wrong person and then whines when he gets punched in the face.
                          Last edited by JimL; 10-18-2017, 08:56 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                            Apparently it has your own stamp of approval, so long as it is you and yours doing the name calling.
                            Jimmy, I think the worst thing I've ever called you is "Jimmy". Please show where I regularly (or even frequently or occasionally) call people the kinds of names you use.

You're like the school yard bully who picks on the wrong person and then whines when he gets punched in the face.
                            There's no whining here, Jimmy. Pointing out your rank hypocrisy is not whining in any way, shape or form.

However, since you want to use schoolyard analogies, having the class dunce call me an idiot or moron or stupid is - like I said - very much like Pee-Wee Herman calling Hulk Hogan a sissy.

On a positive note - I HAVE noticed you ease up on the name-calling a bit, and you are to be commended for that.

Comment

Roy, just curious... do you concede that the "hands up don't shoot" thing is false narrative?
                              I'd have to look into it - I'm not even sure what you're referring to. Michael Brown?

Comment

Jim is intelligent and insightful...
                                C1a44tLWQAA3ZuQ.jpg

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment