Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Triumph of Trump: NFL kneeling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Cool, then he can focus his cause at his own expense.
    He already did that now, didn't he? You should have such conviction.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
      He already did that now, didn't he?
      Well, actually, he did something stupid and got fired. Not the same thing.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Actually, according to long time NFL star Ray Lewis, Kaepernick nearly signed a deal with the Baltimore Ravens before his girlfriend posted a racially charged Twitter post insinuating NFL owners were slave owners, causing the Ravens to pull out.
        "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

• Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
          Actually, according to long time NFL star Ray Lewis, Kaepernick nearly signed a deal with the Baltimore Ravens before his girlfriend posted a racially charged Twitter post insinuating NFL owners were slave owners, causing the Ravens to pull out.
          And I think that's part of the problem. So many people throw this term "racist" and "slave owner" around so loosely that it does far more to detract from the real issue than it does to solve any problem.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

And I think that's part of the problem. So many people throw this term "racist" and "slave owner" around so loosely that it does far more to detract from the real issue than it does to solve any problem.

If a liberal is caught doing something wrong or embarrassing, just play the victim and turn it around on the accuser by calling them evil or racist.

Like Hillary: She lost because of her recklessness, so what does she do? blames everyone but herself.

Kathy Griffith holds up a decapitated Trump head, and when she is called out on it, she cries and says Trump was mean to her about it in a tweet so he is the bad guy.

Comment

Racist slave owners like you should just shut up.

/Zym
              Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
              sigpic
              I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                Racist slave owners like you should just shut up.

/Zym
                If I'm now known for calling everybody racist even more so than our resident liberals then I must surely have screwed up somewhere be doing something right.
                I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

• Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                  Actually, according to long time NFL star Ray Lewis, Kaepernick nearly signed a deal with the Baltimore Ravens before his girlfriend posted a racially charged Twitter post insinuating NFL owners were slave owners, causing the Ravens to pull out.
                  There are a lot of rumors circulating that she is the motivating factor behind his protest.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                    If a liberal is caught doing something wrong or embarrassing, just play the victim and turn it around on the accuser by calling them evil or racist.
                    There was a time that seemed to work - they knew they could stop the discussion in its tracks by pulling the race card. Doesn't work so much anymore.

Like Hillary: She lost because of her recklessness, so what does she do? blames everyone but herself.

Kathy Griffith holds up a decapitated Trump head, and when she is called out on it, she cries and says Trump was mean to her about it in a tweet so he is the bad guy.
                    Different standards.

Comment

It's not just something that "didn't happen" -- it's an outright lie that the MSM helped to perpetuate, then supported this false narrative when it was taken on as a mantra by the left.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]24551[/ATTACH]

This is supposed to be a NEWS organization.
                      Whatever happened, it's not relevant now, so there's no reason to harp on it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Psychic Missile View Post
                        Pointing out how the MSM helped to push a false narrative that is instrumental in the founding of Black Lives Matter and the current NFL protest.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.

PM, it is totally symbolic of the liberals doing dumb things, thinking they're accomplishing something, when there are MUCH bigger problems they could try to resolve - like black on black violence, which kills FAR more blacks than white cops do.

And, the media attention has been all over the "white cops hunting down blacks to kill them" hysteria.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                            Pointing out how the MSM helped to push a false narrative that is instrumental in the founding of Black Lives Matter and the current NFL protest.
                            I don't think "hand up don't shoot" was instrumental. I don't see why BLM wouldn't exist without it.

Comment

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.

PM, it is totally symbolic of the liberals doing dumb things, thinking they're accomplishing something, when there are MUCH bigger problems they could try to resolve - like black on black violence, which kills FAR more blacks than white cops do.

And, the media attention has been all over the "white cops hunting down blacks to kill them" hysteria.
                              It makes more sense for people to focus on obtainable goals.

Comment

It makes more sense for people to focus on obtainable goals.
                                OK, let's go with that..... there's already MEGA-attention on the "systemic racism by police" situation. In fact, as I type this, I think it's a case where there was OVER-saturation by the media, and people got tired of hearing the same thing over and over, especially when it was exposed as being based on a bunch of lies in a number of the high profile case.

So, in their infinite wisdom (I really don't need sarcasm tags, do I? ) the NFL dudes pick the DUMBEST way to get their "message" across.

I mean - come on... "let's not pay respect to the flag during the national anthem so we can get our message out". I mean, what can POSSIBLY go wrong?

Why didn't even ONE of those geniuses (genii? ) say "hold on, guys -- it's possible our message will get overshadowed by controversy, and the fans - they're the ones who ultimately pay our salaries - maybe there's a better way to get our message out there".

Comment