Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Triumph of Trump: NFL kneeling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
    Already went there CP, try to keep up now.
    You need joy in your life, Jimmy.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      Again it is hilarious watching liberals gripe about tax money being spent
      Its hillarious watching the hypocrisy of conservatives.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        They are not even doing that. The only reason they are kneeling is because Trump called kneeling players out. The rest of them just started kneeling to protest Trump, basically "you can't tell us what to do!"

They weren't kneeling before.
        I get the impression that most of them don't even know why they're kneeling. They're just going along with it because of peer pressure.
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

They are not even doing that. The only reason they are kneeling is because Trump called kneeling players out. The rest of them just started kneeling to protest Trump, basically "you can't tell us what to do!"

They weren't kneeling before.
          I get the impression that most of them don't even know why they're kneeling. They're just doing it because of peer pressure.

Comment

Exactly. The players are doing exactly what the flag does stand for, and what the military defends. Conservatives never seem to get that, for them it always seems to be "my country right or wrong, and if you don't like it keep your mouth shut.
            I'm impressed that you can cram so much wrong into so little text.
            Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
            sigpic
            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
              Exactly. The players are doing exactly what the flag does stand for, and what the military defends.
              It's ironic that they're protesting the very thing that protects their right to protest. They didn't really think that one through, did they?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                It's ironic that they're protesting the very thing that protects their right to protest. They didn't really think that one through, did they?
                Apparently after all this discussion, you still have no idea what it is that they are protesting about. Truly amazing.

Comment

Exactly. The players are doing exactly what the flag does stand for, and what the military defends. Conservatives never seem to get that, for them it always seems to be "my country right or wrong, and if you don't like it keep your mouth shut.
                  wrong dummy. They are free to protest if they want (as long as their employers allow them) - but that doesn't mean we have to like it. We can express our displeasure at what they are doing.

You didn't seem to have a problem with the liberals and antifa expressing their displeasure at conservative free speech at various rallies or speeches, even though in those cases they actually started riots and burning cars and smashing things.

NY_Antifa.jpg

At least we are merely using our freedom of speech to protest their freedom of speech, nonviolently.

Can you at least TRY to be consistent in your views, Jimmy?

Comment

Apparently after all this discussion, you still have no idea what it is that they are protesting about. Truly amazing.
                    Whatever their issue is (and there's been no unified message; it's mostly been "something something racism and uh something"), they are choosing to protest by explicitly showing disrespect to the symbol that represents our country and the people who have fought and died to protect their right to free speech. Hence the irony.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                      Whatever their issue is (and there's been no unified message; it's mostly been "something something racism and uh something"), they are choosing to protest by explicitly showing disrespect to the symbol that represents our country and the people who have fought and died to protect their right to free speech. Hence the irony.
                      Yeah, the consensus at work (law firm in DC, so doesn't exactly lean conservative) is that there's no clear message. Trump's involvement has pretty well obliterated the initial message.
                      Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                      sigpic
                      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• I think that anti-Trumpers everywhere should begin taking the knee as an act of protest. Just think of how effective it would be, for thousands of people to kneel before Trump (in protest, of course)!
                        I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
                          I think that anti-Trumpers everywhere should begin taking the knee as an act of protest. Just think of how effective it would be, for thousands of people to kneel before Trump (in protest, of course)!
                          It should be TWO knees to show how much they are protesting!

But as fun as that would be, I think all Trump supporters should now take a knee during the National Anthem to troll the liberals. That would be hilarious.

Comment

wrong dummy. They are free to protest if they want (as long as their employers allow them) - but that doesn't mean we have to like it. We can express our displeasure at what they are doing.

You didn't seem to have a problem with the liberals and antifa expressing their displeasure at conservative free speech at various rallies or speeches, even though in those cases they actually started riots and burning cars and smashing things.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]24395[/ATTACH]

At least we are merely using our freedom of speech to protest their freedom of speech, nonviolently.

Can you at least TRY to be consistent in your views, Jimmy?
                            I don't care if you don't like it, you can protest against them all you want for all I care. But Trump is not protesting, he's openly trying to curtail their right to protest. Hes trying to force the owners to clamp down on the players when the owners were perfectly content with allowing the players to express their right. Its a slippery slope to authoritarian rule, and he'll be telling you to shut up next.

Comment

I don't care if you don't like it, you can protest against them all you want for all I care. But Trump is not protesting, he's openly trying to curtail their right to protest. Hes trying to force the owners to clamp down on the players when the owners were perfectly content with allowing the players to express their right. Its a slippery slope to authoritarian rule, and he'll be telling you to shut up next.
                              He isn't trying to force anything. He is making his displeasure known. That is his right. If he tried to make it an official edict, then you might have a point. I swear jimmy, you just love to keep moving those goal posts around don't you? Or maybe you just can't follow even your own conversation for more than one post. We were not even discussing Trump, you were talking about "conservatives" and them not letting the NFL players protest when in fact they were letting them do what they want but telling them they don't like it.

Comment

Trump is not protesting, he's openly trying to curtail their right to protest. Hes trying to force the owners to clamp down on the players when the owners were perfectly content with allowing the players to express their right. Its a slippery slope to authoritarian rule, and he'll be telling you to shut up next.
                                That's a rather fanciful interpretation.

As long as Trump isn't trying to get a law passed that restricts free speech, or threatening legal action, then he is well within his Constitutional rights to speak out against the protests.

But you got to hand it to the guy, he took the protest, whatever it was about, turned it on its head, and made it all about him. That's hilarious in and of itself, but by drawing so much attention to it, he galvanized the American people who are now making the NFL pay dearly for allowing its players to disrespect the country. 4D chess, baby!

Comment