Page 3 of 86 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Triumph of Trump: NFL kneeling

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tassman View Post
    All of which may or may not be true. But the real issue underlying the kneeling has been highlighted more than ever by the kerfuffle. Namely the police brutality and racial inequality against blacks in the US.
    racial inequality? we had a black president. has australia had a black prime minister?

Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    racial inequality? we had a black president. has Australia had a black prime minister?
    Australia has its own dark racist history concerning the Aborigine population, not much different from the US history concerning Blacks and Native Americans.

The point of the thread is that Trump resolved nothing, but create more problems.
    Last edited by shunyadragon; 10-02-2017 at 05:54 AM.
    Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
    Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by JimLamebrain View Post
    They all kneeled in support of the issue, which it seems most of you idiots don't even know what the issue is...
    I'm not even sure those kneeling know what the issue is. You have some of the richest and most privileged people in the country protesting the unfair treatment of their race. Am I the only one who finds this ironic?
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingsGambit View Post
    It's not that Trump did anything to stop it; Trump's comments were the reason there was mass kneeling in the first place. It only needed to be done once to make the point which was why it wasn't repeated this week. The idea that Trump solved a problem that was mostly caused by him in the first place is spin jujitsu Baghdad Bob would be proud of.
    It's more they heard the outrage of their fans. I've seen a few post game interviews where they said they didn't want to cause anyone disrespect.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Black football players: "I'm rich and successful! How dare you keep the black man down! "

Rest of America:
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tassman View Post
    All of which may or may not be true. But the real issue underlying the kneeling has been highlighted more than ever by the kerfuffle. Namely the police brutality and racial inequality against blacks in the US.
    And yet study after study has repeatedly shown that in a confrontation with police a white person is considerably more likely to get shot by a police officer than a black person is.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" -- starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)

7. Amen Mountain Man amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by shunyadragon View Post
    Australia has its own dark racist history concerning the Aborigine population, not much different from the US history concerning Blacks and Native Americans.

The point of the thread is that Trump resolved nothing, but create more problems.
    The same thing could be said of Obama.

9. Amen RumTumTugger, Cerebrum123 amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    racial inequality? we had a black president. has australia had a black prime minister?
    As I noted in another thread just over a week ago...

Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    Tell us again about the indigenous Prime Minister of Australia.

I mean didn't you guys just elect your first aboriginal leader of a provincial government (which is essentially equivalent of a state governor here) a couple years ago? In comparison the first black governor (a Republican btw) here in the U.S. served over a 140 years ago.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" -- starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    Commissioner Adam Silver made it clear that he expected players to stand for the anthem and that individual teams "do not have the discretion to waive" the rule that players, coaches and staff stand for the anthem. It also looks like they will be in charge of disciplining those who ignore the rule rather than leaving it up to individual teams to do so.

As for the economics... The players could well feel it when they negotiate new contracts and are informed that due to a sharp drop in revenue from ticket sales, TV viewership, sale of memorabilia and gear (folks are burning the jerseys they own or using them as door mats rather than buying more)... that they will simply have to settle for less than they're demanding.
    And leave it to the left to declare that burning a jersey is essentially no different than "hunt[ing], hang[ing], burn[ing] and murder[/ing] black people" -- at least according to music journalist and television producer Matthew Allen. He declared that "The core of the rationale of jersey burning stems back to lynching"

tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    I'm not even sure those kneeling know what the issue is. You have some of the richest and most privileged people in the country protesting the unfair treatment of their race. Am I the only one who finds this ironic?
    No, you're probably not the only idiot. Actually I'm sure that even you understand the issue, its just that due to your inescapable bias, you can't get yourself to admit it. According to the above, you think that because certain individuals are wealthy that they therefore should keep their mouths shut when it comes to the injustice they see around them. Now I know that you're not really that stupid, so you have to skew things a certain way in order that they fit your biased perspective. Sad!