Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Triumph of Trump: NFL kneeling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
    Well, as is the usual case, you would be wrong.
    Please note. Everybody is always wrong except Jimmy. He is the final authority on all that is wrong.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
      10? Out of a population of well over 300 million?
      They're visible, egregious examples of a wider problem.

Comment

• Originally posted by Psychic Missile View Post
        I know that hands up don't shoot refers to something specific that didn't happen.
        It's not just something that "didn't happen" -- it's an outright lie that the MSM helped to perpetuate, then supported this false narrative when it was taken on as a mantra by the left.

cnn-hands-up.jpg

This is supposed to be a NEWS organization.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Well, as is the usual case, you would be wrong.

Actually I'm assuming that you must either be a racist, or you're in denial.
          When you start calling names and making accusations instead of defending your view, you have already lost the debate. Ask Charles!

Comment

• As previously stated, MLK and his people knew they were risking jail and possibly death, as that had already been happening. They took a stand regardless.

These overpaid athletes are abusing their position as TEAM players to advance their own agenda at other people's expense. But, that's what liberals do, and there will always be incredibly simple-minded people to applaud that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
              These overpaid athletes are abusing their position as TEAM players to advance their own agenda at other people's expense. But, that's what liberals do, and there will always be incredibly simple-minded people to applaud that.
              I disagree with that point. In the grand scheme of things, sports really aren't important. Social issues are. So if an athlete is convinced, right or wrong, that their cause is worth taking up, it's going to be more important than team play.
              "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

• Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                I disagree with that point. In the grand scheme of things, sports really aren't important. Social issues are. So if an athlete is convinced, right or wrong, that their cause is worth taking up, it's going to be more important than team play.
                Then they should quit 'sports' and go on the road with their convictions and do something that really matters, and is not based on a lie.

Comment

Then they should quit 'sports' and go on the road with their convictions and do something that really matters, and is not based on a lie.
                  I don't think it's based on a lie. It can just be that you use sports as an avenue to promote what really matters. That's what Tim Tebow does; he uses his platform as an athlete to promote Christ.
                  "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

I don't think it's based on a lie. It can just be that you use sports as an avenue to promote what really matters. That's what Tim Tebow does; he uses his platform as an athlete to promote Christ.
                    Somehow, Tebow had the common sense to do it in such a manner that it didn't appear to be "against" something so dear to so many of the fans who ultimately pay their salaries. And he's not doing it as a "protest".
                    Last edited by Cow Poke; 10-23-2017, 10:23 AM.

Comment

Somehow, Tebow had the common sense to do it in such a manner that it didn't appear to be "against" something so so dear to so many of the fans who ultimately pay their salaries. And he's not doing it as a "protest".
                      Even if he had, I wouldn't see the problem with it because Jesus and Paul never had a problem ruffling people's feathers.

Comment

Please note. Everybody is always wrong except Jimmy. He is the final authority on all that is wrong.
                        Its about time you realized that, CP. Now stop being wrong all the time, will you. At least you spell good anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                          When you start calling names and making accusations instead of defending your view, you have already lost the debate. Ask Charles!
                          Tit for tat.

Comment

Its about time you realized that, CP. Now stop being wrong all the time, will you. At least you spell good anyway.
                            That second sentence should have a question mark, and it should actually be "spell correctly", not "spell good". And you have yet to prove me wrong, let alone "all the time".

We're still waiting for you to back up your other false claims, from which you ran like a scalded dog.

Comment

And Kaepernick did risk, and lost his job over it.

Comment

And Kaepernick did risk, and lost his job over it.
                                Cool, then he can focus his cause at his own expense.

Comment