Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Triumph of Trump: NFL kneeling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I keep suggesting the slogan "Politifact: All politics; no facts!"
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
      Hmmm, did you happen to read the fact that ratings for all sports are down? There are no protests in NASCAR, no protests in Basketball, and yet their ratings are down and the NFL has them all beat in the ratings. So, if it makes you feel better to believe that conservative boycotting is killing the NFL, enjoy your little fantasy.
      Are you daft? The NFL fans have been pretty verbal about their dislike of what the NFL players are doing. They have been booing them, burning Jerseys and boycotting games. You can't ignore all that in relation to the ratings being in the toilet. Take off your liberal blinders for once JimL.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/09/26/th...mp-nfl-ratings

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/10/01nfl...teelers-week-4

http://www.nj.com/sports/index.ssf/2...s_in_resp.html

Fans are not happy campers right now.

64% of Americans agree with Trump about this:

http://remingtonresearchgroup.com/su...FL_9-25-17.pdf

Comment

• Hey guys, ratings for every sport, whether baseball, basketball, Nascar or football have been dropping steadily for many reasons. The ratings for game 7 of the 2017 World Series dropped by 30% over last year. How do you account for that? It has little to do with Trumps big mouth. Get a grip!

Comment

Hey guys, ratings for every sport, whether baseball, basketball, Nascar or football have been dropping steadily for many reasons. The ratings for game 7 of the 2017 World Series dropped by 30% over last year. How do you account for that? It has little to do with Trumps big mouth. Get a grip!
          How 'bout you get a sufficient grip on facts to show them to us, and not just spout off unsupported assertions?
          Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
          sigpic
          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• I don't think his talking points memos include any relevant facts.

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
              How 'bout you get a sufficient grip on facts to show them to us, and not just spout off unsupported assertions?
              Why should I bother, when I spoon feed you, you simply deny it anyway. How about you stop being so lazy yourself if you really want to know and just google the ratings dip in all sports over the past few years if you don't believe me.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
                Why should I bother, when I spoon feed you, you simply deny it anyway. How about you stop being so lazy yourself if you really want to know and just google the ratings dip in all sports over the past few years if you don't believe me.
                Boom goes the irony meter.

Comment

Why should I bother, when I spoon feed you, you simply deny it anyway...
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Hey guys, ratings for every sport, whether baseball, basketball, Nascar or football have been dropping steadily for many reasons. The ratings for game 7 of the 2017 World Series dropped by 30% over last year. How do you account for that? It has little to do with Trumps big mouth. Get a grip!
                    There was a lot more interest in the 2016 World Series in that people were interested to see if the Cubs could finally win after the longest drought in sports history -- 108 years.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                      Boom goes the irony meter.
                      Actually, a bunch of em

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                        There was a lot more interest in the 2016 World Series in that people were interested to see if the Cubs could finally win after the longest drought in sports history -- 108 years.
                        Yeah there is always a reason, now why have baseballs ratings along with every other sport ratings dipped?

Comment

A gnat would starve to death on what you provide by spoon. Regardless, I'm not interested in the thin gruel you serve up once in a blue moon, but actual meat. I don't think you have it, or you'd rub our faces in it. The one thing I took the time to research carefully (NFL ratings since 2014) showed you were in error regarding the very sport at issue. At the end of 2015, the NFL was at its most popular ever in nearly all segments, and the future was so bright the prognisticators had to wear shades. Then, along came Kaepernick.
                          Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                          sigpic
                          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

JimL, you do this all the time. You accuse us of what you are guilty of. We give you actual facts, spoonfed and referenced, and you simply deny them anyway and repeat yourself. If it wasn't so damn pathetic, it would be funny.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                              JimL, you do this all the time. You accuse us of what you are guilty of. We give you actual facts, spoonfed and referenced, and you simply deny them anyway and repeat yourself. If it wasn't so damn pathetic, it would be funny.
                              It's funny because it is so damn pathetic.

Comment

Yeah there is always a reason, now why have baseballs ratings along with every other sport ratings dipped?
                                If you knew anything at all about business, you'd realize that a significant slump in sales was reason to be concerned. Rather than just say "well, gee, other sales are slumping, too", a prudent manager would look at the actual facts and see why their OWN business is slumping. If you were to come in and say "well, boss, other companies are slumping, too", you'd be thrown out on your big lazy but.

t
                                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment