Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Triumph of Trump: NFL kneeling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
    What you won't know with any certainty Sparko is if your boycott against the nfl had any effect until next year. You're not proving anything by showing some sparsely filled stadiums which can be shown in any particular year for any particular team. Fact is ticket sales are up this year, if they go down next year then you can make an argument that its all because of the boycott of conservative crackpots, but that's not a legitimate argument right now. Keep hope alive though!
    well JimL, MY boycott has been going on for 56 years now. I have never been to an NFL game. But your own article said that stadium attendance was down because of the boycott and the only reason the numbers are still being reported as the same is because they count ticket distribution not use. So people who already bought their season tickets but are not using them in protest. It's in your own article and I even post a screen grab of it. yet you keep pretending that you supplied a source that says differently. Do you really think we are as blind as you are? We can read, which apparently you can do to since you post here but don't apparently read enough. Just far enough to read a headline that you think says what you want. But it didn't.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
      The whole point your source made was that ticket sales /= actual attendance.
      Yeah, I get the point. Apparently you don't get mine.

Comment

You seem incredibly inept at actually making points, Jimmy, and then you mock others because they don't get it.

When called on it, you just say something really stupid like "I'll just let your head explode. That's not debate, that's jackassery.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          You seem incredibly inept at actually making points, Jimmy, and then you mock others because they don't get it.

When called on it, you just say something really stupid like "I'll just let your head explode. That's not debate, that's jackassery.
          You left off a closing quote!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
            You left off a closing quote!!!
            " "

Here are a couple of spares.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
              Attendance is up this season from last boys, thats all we know. You can find sparse crowds at certain stadiums on any given Sunday of any year for any particular reason, but the fact remains that attendance is up slightly from last year. But keep hope alive!
              Yeah, don't trust your lying eyes!
              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

When called on it, you just say something really stupid like "I'll just let your head explode." That's not debate, that's jackassery.
                Fix it!!!! NOWWWWW.

Comment

Fix it!!!! NOWWWWW.
                  Naw, I'll just let it sit there and your head can explode.

(I learned that from Jimmy )

Comment

Naw, I'll just let it sit there and your head can explode.

(I learned that from Jimmy )
                    yeah but the way it is now you are making JimL look clever by attributing "That's not debate, that's jackassery." to his quoted words.

Comment

yeah but the way it is now you are making JimL look clever by attributing "That's not debate, that's jackassery." to his quoted words.
                      Making Jim look clever? I didn't know I had THAT much power!!!!

Comment

Zym got your point just fine. He also understands that your point is entirely without merit, as it is refuted by the very evidence you provided.
                        Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                        sigpic
                        I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

well JimL, MY boycott has been going on for 56 years now. I have never been to an NFL game. But your own article said that stadium attendance was down because of the boycott and the only reason the numbers are still being reported as the same is because they count ticket distribution not use. So people who already bought their season tickets but are not using them in protest. It's in your own article and I even post a screen grab of it. yet you keep pretending that you supplied a source that says differently. Do you really think we are as blind as you are? We can read, which apparently you can do to since you post here but don't apparently read enough. Just far enough to read a headline that you think says what you want. But it didn't.
                          You may be able to read, you just have trouble comprehending. The article didn't say attendance is down because of boycotting. You're reading into the article what you want it to say. Ticket sales are up and attendance is down in some stadiums. It also specifically says that there is no evidence that attendance is down due to boycotting.Guess you missed that part. You'll have to wait until next year to see if that is the case. Keep hope alive!

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                            Zym got your point just fine. He also understands that your point is entirely without merit, as it is refuted by the very evidence you provided.
                            No it isn't refuted, apparently you are as bad at reading comprehension as is Sparko and the gang.

Comment

You may be able to read, you just have trouble comprehending. The article didn't say attendance is down because of boycotting. You're reading into the article what you want it to say. Ticket sales are up and attendance is down in some stadiums. It also specifically says that there is no evidence that attendance is down due to boycotting.Guess you missed that part. You'll have to wait until next year to see if that is the case. Keep hope alive!
                              ScreenHunter_.jpg

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]25170[/ATTACH]
                                Which tells you that attendance is down in California Sparko. I already explained to you that attendance can be shown to be down in any particular stadium in any particular year for any particular reason. Thats always the case.

Comment