Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Mass Shooting Las Vegas...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
    At this point it was not an Islamic terror act, and his name is Mr. Paddock from Texas. The casualties are over 50 dead and 200 wounded.
    ISIS is claiming that the shooter converted to Islam a few months ago but isn't offering any evidence to support the claim.

ETA: I see that RTT has already mentioned this
    Last edited by rogue06; 10-02-2017, 10:11 AM.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
      And it sounded like automatic fire, not semi-automatic fire. Where did he get autos...
      Reports confirm he was using a fully automatic weapon which is not something anyone can simply go in and buy at a sporting goods or gun store.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

On weekends just about all SoCal tilts to the east as people travel to Vegas, Barstow included. Only way there is the I-15 and the I-40 via the Cajon Pass.
        Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
          It's really not that difficult to modify a semi-automatic to full automatic. Of course, it's not legal, but people who contemplate going on a shooting spree aren't likely to quibble over the niceties of law.
          Some are more easy than others. Personally I can convert a bolt action rifle or even a revolver into full auto if I really wanted to and they're easier to convert than some semi-autos.

Comment

Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
            Did he say it was an act of terrorism?
            nope just talked about praying for the victims and thier families praised the first responders and the swat team

Comment

ISIS also claims responsibility for every terrorist act whether it was them or not. They ought not be considered a reliable source for anything.
              "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

they found multiple weapons in his room.

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                  ISIS also claims responsibility for every terrorist act whether it was them or not. They ought not be considered a reliable source for anything.
                  Which is why everyone has pointed out that they have yet to offer anything that verifies their claim.

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                    I know hense my good Grief and no evidence what so ever.

Comment

FBI says at this time theire is no connection to a terrorist organization. they are asking for folks to donate Blood this is bad.
                      Last edited by RumTumTugger; 10-02-2017, 10:50 AM.

Comment

At this time one Barstow fatality confirmed.. No name yet out of respect for family.

Comment

video of Trumps speech

Last edited by RumTumTugger; 10-02-2017, 11:10 AM. Reason: found a better video

Comment

I have my sites mixed up again. I have a conspiracist friend on Facebook who is taking ISIS's claim as absolute proof.
                            "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
                              At this point it was not an Islamic terror act, and his name is Mr. Paddock from Texas. The casualties are over 50 dead and 200 wounded.
                              He's from Mesquite, Nevada. Not Mesquite, Texas.

"Fire is catching. If we burn, you burn with us!"
                              "I'm not going anywhere. I'm going to stay here and cause all kinds of trouble."
                              Katniss Everdeen

Christ our Passover has been sacrificed for us. Therefore let us keep the feast.

Comment

Just got word that the friend of a friend is alive...awaiting surgery for wound in shoulder. Her 3 y/o will be seeing his mommy soon.

(Did this thread get split?)

Comment