Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Mass Shooting Las Vegas...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hillary again shows why she lost the election the shooting isn't even hours old and she is already politicizing it in her tweets

http://deadline.com/2017/10/hillary-...on-1202180449/

Las Vegas, we are grieving with you—the victims, those who lost loved ones, the responders, & all affected by this cold-blooded massacre.

— Hillary Clinton (@HillaryClinton) October 2, 2017

The crowd fled at the sound of gunshots.

Imagine the deaths if the shooter had a silencer, which the NRA wants to make easier to get.

Our grief isn't enough. We can and must put politics aside, stand up to the NRA, and work together to try to stop this from happening again.

Rather then put politics aside she is using this shooting to get her political view out
    This is why Hillary lost
    Last edited by RumTumTugger; 10-02-2017, 01:50 PM.

Comment

yeah the left is at it already.

A top lawyer for CBS said she is “not even sympathetic” to victims of the Las Vegas shooting because “country music fans often are Republican,” when discussing the tragic mass shooting that occurred in Las Vegas late Sunday night.

Hayley Geftman-Gold, the network's vice president and senior counsel, took to Facebook after a gunman opened fire at the Route 91 Harvest Music Festival in Las Vegas, killing at least 58 people and sending more than 500 others to hospitals.

“If they wouldn’t do anything when children were murdered I have no hope that Repugs [sic] will ever do the right thing,” Geftman-Gold wrote in a now-deleted message that was first reported and captured by The Daily Caller.

Geftman-Gold continued: “I’m actually not even sympathetic bc [sic] country music fans often are Republican gun toters [sic].”

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment...publicans.html

dang she sounds as bad as firstfloor

Comment

Ah, those are the children she was referring to...ok. in any case, apparently that FB post has been yanked, and CBS is said to be looking into it.
        Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
          Just got word that the friend of a friend is alive...awaiting surgery for wound in shoulder. Her 3 y/o will be seeing his mommy soon.

(Did this thread get split?)
          There's another thread in the Memorial Garden

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by RumTumTugger View Post
            Hillary again shows why she lost the election the shooting isn't even hours old and she is already politicizing it in her tweets

Rather then put politics aside she is using this shooting to get her political view out
            This is why Hillary lost
            Hillary has done that within hours of such a tragedy several times.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by thewriteranon View Post
              He's from Mesquite, Nevada. Not Mesquite, Texas.
              Apparently he lived in both places

Comment

Originally posted by RumTumTugger View Post

This is why Hillary lost
                Not only that, the idiot has no idea how silencers work. Even with a silencer, guns are still pretty damn loud. Their primary purpose is to suppress the muzzle flash and make it harder to audibly pinpoint the shooter, but they don't literally silence the weapon. Hillary no doubt thinks that silencers cause guns to make that little "piff" sound like you see in the movies.
                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                  Not only that, the idiot has no idea how silencers work. Even with a silencer, guns are still pretty damn loud. Their primary purpose is to suppress the muzzle flash and make it harder to audibly pinpoint the shooter, but they don't literally silence the weapon. Hillary no doubt thinks that silencers cause guns to make that little "piff" sound like you see in the movies.
                  Some of the newest noise suppressors that are an integral part of the firearm and not just screwed on are much more silent than the previous models.

Comment

The FB thing isn't really surprising. I'm not allowed to write anything on my FB page which may embarrass my company or I risk a sacking.

Though grim FB post aside, she's right in the fact that if nothing was changed after Sandy Hook then nothing will change now.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                      yeah the left is at it already.

[box]
                      A top lawyer for CBS said she is “not even sympathetic” to victims of the Las Vegas shooting because “country music fans often are Republican,” when discussing the tragic mass shooting that occurred in Las Vegas late Sunday night.

Hayley Geftman-Gold, the network's vice president and senior counsel, took to Facebook after a gunman opened fire at the Route 91 Harvest Music Festival in Las Vegas, killing at least 58 people and sending more than 500 others to hospitals.

“If they wouldn’t do anything when children were murdered I have no hope that Repugs [sic] will ever do the right thing,” Geftman-Gold wrote in a now-deleted message that was first reported and captured by The Daily Caller.

Geftman-Gold continued: “I’m actually not even sympathetic bc [sic] country music fans often are Republican gun toters [sic].”

She was fired! http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment...publicans.html
                      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Not surprising. ..as EvoUK said, you can't post stuff that embarrass your boss without consequences no matter whether it's true. I don't know much much, if anything, changed since Sandy Hook, but the kind of remarks she posted are absolutely. ..fire-able.
                        Last edited by DesertBerean; 10-02-2017, 03:38 PM.

Comment

Ah, those are the children she was referring to...ok. in any case, apparently that FB post has been yanked, and CBS is said to be looking into it.
                          SIGH. In today's political climate that made him an odds on favorite for Attorney General the next time the Democrats win the White House.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                            SIGH. In today's political climate that made him an odds on favorite for Attorney General the next time the Democrats win the White House.
                            ????"he"????

Comment

????"he"????
                              Actually I wrote "him" but in any case I committed the cardinal sin of assuming gender.

Comment

It is not understandable to many foreigners watching that even these horrors are not horrible enough for Americans to want to do something serious about guns and gun crimes in their society.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AcEe0LbP2wY

“Touch not the unclean thing.”
                                “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                                “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
                                “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment