Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Gifted

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    they mentioned that the X-men were gone or left. Where did they go and why?
    It's supposed to be a dystopic future where the mutants were rounded up by the Sentinels, IIRC

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals --- Manya the Holy Szin --- The Quintara Marathon ---

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common --- Stephen R. Donaldson ---

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill the Cat View Post
    It's supposed to be a dystopic future where the mutants were rounded up by the Sentinels, IIRC
    isn't that the plot to just about every X-man movie or Marvel TV show that has mutants in it?

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    isn't that the plot to just about every X-man movie or Marvel TV show that has mutants in it?
    No. Just Days of Future Past.

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals --- Manya the Holy Szin --- The Quintara Marathon ---

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common --- Stephen R. Donaldson ---

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    No. Just Days of Future Past.
    nope. X-men has Magneto wanting to fight against the humans who want to stop the mutants. X2 has Stryker trying to eliminate the mutants and turn humanity against them. X-man last stand has them developing a drug that suppresses mutants

And the Avenger movies where they register the super heroes. It's all variations on the same theme: people are scared of the mutants and want to control or eliminate them.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    nope. X-men has Magneto wanting to fight against the humans who want to stop the mutants. X2 has Stryker trying to eliminate the mutants and turn humanity against them. X-man last stand has them developing a drug that suppresses mutants

X-1 was barely tolerable. X2 is the only decent one of the 3. X-3... let's say it didn't happen... but none were about a post-Sentinel dystopia.

And the Avenger movies where they register the super heroes. It's all variations on the same theme: people are scared of the mutants and want to control or eliminate them.
    True.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    X-1 was barely tolerable. X2 is the only decent one of the 3. X-3... let's say it didn't happen... but none were about a post-Sentinel dystopia.

True.
    well no not exactly. But my point was that the plot theme is nearly always mutants being hunted or controlled by humans and fighting back. Move on. Just have the mutants accepted and have the heroes fight the supervillians trying to destroy the world like other superhero movies, Spiderman, Batman, Superman, Thor, etc.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    well no not exactly. But my point was that the plot theme is nearly always mutants being hunted or controlled by humans and fighting back. Move on. Just have the mutants accepted and have the heroes fight the supervillians trying to destroy the world like other superhero movies, Spiderman, Batman, Superman, Thor, etc.
    You noticed they made that reference in the pilot?

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    You noticed they made that reference in the pilot?
    no. They quoted me?

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Oh, the same guy who directed X-1, 2, and 3 does this series. Bryan Singer.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    a side note...

This looks interesting:

coming to Netflix.