Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Harvey Weinstein: Another Good Liberal...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
    That's much too strong a statement. NAMBLA was just one of the 400+ (at that time) sell-governing members under the umbrella of ILGA.
    And, here you go again, distorting the truth.

NAMBLA had to apply for, and be accepted by, ILGA. Are you so insanely ignorant that you believe that NOBODY at IGLA knew what NAMBLA stood for? You don't think, even if they were too stupid to know, that SOMEBODY wouldn't have asked, "well, what do those initials in that acronym stand for?

Then again, maybe you really ARE that stupid.

At some point, ILGA accepted NAMBLA as a member organization, and allowed them to continue to be a member for TEN YEARS until called out on it in the UN approval process.

I'm beginning to think you're even dumber than Jimmy.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      Why is it so difficult for you to just admit the facts, Tassy, without going on this wild crazed drama queen assumption tour?

You made it sound like IGLA suddenly woke up one day and - SURPRISE - they discovered that somehow NAMBLA had joined their ranks, and they immediately expelled them - "end of story".

That's not how it happened, and I shared the FACTS from ILGA's own website.

I don't have to have an ulterior motive for that - I'm just exposing you for the fraud you are. It did NOT happen like you portrayed it, and those are the facts.

Now, feel free to join your little buddy Jimmy in another emotional tirade with a bunch of goofy drama queen false accusations - that seems to be who you are.
      So what, maybe IGLA at the time agreed with NAMBLA that the age of consent law was oppressive to youth, but they were never advocates of pedophilia which they made clear long before they ousted NAMBLA. Again, hatefilled christian homophobe that you are, you're just doing your damnedest to smear LGBT people in general.

Comment

Why is it so difficult for you to just admit the facts, Tassy, without going on this wild crazed drama queen assumption tour?

You made it sound like IGLA suddenly woke up one day and - SURPRISE - they discovered that somehow NAMBLA had joined their ranks, and they immediately expelled them - "end of story".

That's not how it happened, and I shared the FACTS from ILGA's own website.

I don't have to have an ulterior motive for that - I'm just exposing you for the fraud you are. It did NOT happen like you portrayed it, and those are the facts.

Now, feel free to join your little buddy Jimmy in another emotional tirade with a bunch of goofy drama queen false accusations - that seems to be who you are.
        Just answer the question: What is the significance of these "FACTS" to you?
        Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        And, here you go again, distorting the truth.

NAMBLA had to apply for, and be accepted by, ILGA. Are you so insanely ignorant that you believe that NOBODY at IGLA knew what NAMBLA stood for? You don't think, even if they were too stupid to know, that SOMEBODY wouldn't have asked, "well, what do those initials in that acronym stand for?
        I don't know why ILGA initially accepted NAMBLA under its umbrella...AND NEITHER DO YOU. I can think of several possible acceptable reasons why they would have done so. You, of course will think the worst. What is important is that ILGA has made its position against child abuse very clear. So why are you still going on about it?

Comment

Just answer the question: What is the significance of these "FACTS" to you?
          Hmmmm... maybe you're projecting here, Tassy, because I've already answered this multiple times, and you seem laser focused on some homophobic agenda.

Check your heart, bro.

I don't know why ILGA initially accepted NAMBLA under its umbrella...AND NEITHER DO YOU.
          But you're finally coming to accept that they did! That's progress!!!!

I can think of several possible acceptable reasons why they would have done so.
          Of course you can, because you'll invent any reason or excuse to justify your preconceived notions. Truth doesn't matter to you.

You, of course will think the worst.
          What's "the worst", Tassy? That it appeared that initially ILGA allowed NAMBLA to become a member of their organization, and only expelled them when it was politically expedient or necessary? That's the record, Tassy. I posted the timeline from ILGA's own website.

What is important is that ILGA has made its position against child abuse very clear.
          Yes, after 10 years of association with NAMBLA, they finally expelled them, prompted by pressure from the outside.

So why are you still going on about it?
          To demonstrate the fact that you are so willing to sacrifice the truth to support your own errant assertions, to show that you're willing to tell only PART of the story if it fits your narrative, and to lead out of your deep-seated denial.

We're making progress. It's been slow and tedious, but you are beginning to see the truth, albeit with great resistance and lots of drama.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I don't know why ILGA initially accepted NAMBLA under its umbrella...AND NEITHER DO YOU. I can think of several possible acceptable reasons why they would have done so.
            Please elaborate. This should be fun.

Comment

• This is going to be good.

Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

From ILGA's own website...

Then there's this "cover my butt" statement....

These people seriously did not know what NAMBLA stood for?

They don't have to "scrutinize the constitutions and policies" -- all they needed to know was what NAMBLA stood for?

So, NAMBLA was there for a decade, and nobody at ILGA knew who they were until OUTSIDE entities objected to ILGA allowing them to be members.
                well since no good homosexual would want such groups in ILGA, and 88% voted them out, doesn't that mean that either 12% of homosexuals did support pedophilia or that 12% of ILGA were pedophiles?

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                  So what, maybe IGLA at the time agreed with NAMBLA
                  Or, at least, didn't object to their core beliefs.

that the age of consent law was oppressive to youth, but they were never advocates of pedophilia which they made clear long before they ousted NAMBLA.
                  Do you have any evidence whatsoever to support this hallucination?

Again, hatefilled christian homophobe that you are, you're just doing your damnedest to smear LGBT people in general.
                  Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                  This gratuitous comment constitutes a constructive contribution to the discussion in your mind, does it?
                  Jimmy, apparently, you believe that LGBT people are far more stupid than the population in general. How dumb does somebody have to be to NOT know what NAMBLA stood for when they accepted them into their organization? Do you think LGBT people are dumber than you, Jimmy?

Comment

I don't know why ILGA initially accepted NAMBLA under its umbrella...AND NEITHER DO YOU. I can think of several possible acceptable reasons why they would have done so.
                    Let's get back to this. Several acceptable reasons, please, Tassy. Jimmy, you can help him if you want to.

Comment

Let's get back to this. Several acceptable reasons, please, Tassy. Jimmy, you can help him if you want to.
                      Okay, tell us then CP. Why did IGLA initially accept NAMBLA under its umbrella?

Comment

Okay, tell us then CP. Why did IGLA initially accept NAMBLA under its umbrella?
                        I have no idea, Jimmy, and I'm anxiously awaiting Tassy's "several possible acceptable reasons why they would have done so". Sit back and relax and enjoy the show.

Comment

...enjoy the show.
                          Or the shoe.
                          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                            Or the shoe.
                            That works, as well!

Comment

I have no idea, Jimmy, and I'm anxiously awaiting Tassy's "several possible acceptable reasons why they would have done so". Sit back and relax and enjoy the show.
                              Well I think that someone who admits that they have no idea what they are talking about should keep their mouth shut until they do.

Comment

Well I think that someone who admits that they have no idea what they are talking about should keep their mouth shut until they do.
                                Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                                This gratuitous comment constitutes a constructive contribution to the discussion in your mind, does it?
                                The admission was not that I have no idea what I'm talking about, Jimmy, it was specific to your question -- I have no plausible reason that ILGA would accept a group of pedophiles into their organization.

But we're still waiting for Tassy to enlighten us. Calm yourself and enjoy the show.

Comment