Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Harvey Weinstein: Another Good Liberal...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regarding why all these allegations are suddenly surfacing now, John Nolte at Breitbart has an interesting theory:

Source: Breitbart

The answer is quite simple: Harvey Weinstein’s time has passed. The 65 year-old is reportedly in serious financial trouble, has not had a hit in nearly five years, and has not won anyone an Oscar in that same amount of time.

Harvey Weinstein is no longer useful to anyone, so scores are being settled. If he was still useful, his predations would be allowed to continue unchallenged.

Moreover, outlets like Deadline, Variety and The Hollywood Reporter will not make any advertising money from Weinstein. Oscar season is Black Friday to these outlets. Weinstein no longer fills these coffers.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-hollywo...n-ben-affleck/

© Copyright Original Source

This is in response to why the media is covering the Weinstein scandal but is ignoring around a dozen allegations of groping that have been recently leveled at Ben Affleck who has been dubbed "Buttman" by some. Nolte's take-away: Ben Affleck is still useful. "The same mentality that allowed Harvey Weinstein to get away with what he did for three decades, is still alive, kicking and protecting Buttman."
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      Sorry, man, but I think you just out-nerded me.
      Sometimes I think Adrift is running for "nerdiest TWebber". He certainly has me beat when it comes to things like comics.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
        Sometimes I think Adrift is running for "nerdiest TWebber". He certainly has me beat when it comes to things like comics.
        hqdefault.jpg
        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Adrift describing a film: "The esoteric nature of the imagery was both compelling and unsettling in the way it layered the undesirable aspects of human nature with the raw and idealized beauty of self-actualization."

Me describing the same film: "I thought the 'splosions were cool."

Comment

Well, I've become a fan of sumo wrestling, so wouldn't that make me the biggest Tweb nerd?
            I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
              Well, I've become a fan of sumo wrestling, so wouldn't that make me the biggest Tweb nerd?
              Only if you're beginning to resemble the objects of your attention.
              Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
              sigpic
              I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                Only if you're beginning to resemble the objects of your attention.
                Put that way it just sounds weird and freakish.

Wait a minute....
                I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

I haven't really touched a mainstream comic in nearly 20 years. They were getting bad in my day, and they've only gotten worse since. It's just a bunch of PC garbage anymore. The indies are still putting out some super entertaining stuff though, but I just don't have time to read them as often as I like. I'm trying to get my nieces into comics. We'll see if it takes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                    Adrift describing a film: "The esoteric nature of the imagery was both compelling and unsettling in the way it layered the undesirable aspects of human nature with the raw and idealized beauty of self-actualization."

Me describing the same film: "I thought the 'splosions were cool."
                    This would actually make for a hilarious movie review blog. Maybe call it Two Men and a Movie? I do my own film reviews, but I only post them to my facebook account. I ain't got nothin on the boys over at places like /r/Truefilm though. Every other word is leitmotif this, Mise-en-scène that. I can barely keep up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Adrift View Post
                      I haven't really touched a mainstream comic in nearly 20 years. They were getting bad in my day, and they've only gotten worse since. It's just a bunch of PC garbage anymore. The indies are still putting out some super entertaining stuff though, but I just don't have time to read them as often as I like. I'm trying to get my nieces into comics. We'll see if it takes.
                      I went through a lot of new and old stuff when I had a Marvel Unlimited subscription. Some of the best stuff was through the late 70's to the 90's. Although I enjoyed some of the new stuff too, like The Uncanny Avengers, and The Superior Spider-Man. I know you expressed your distaste for the latter, but I found it an interesting read. Reading through some of Astonishing Tales, and other really old comics definitely showed that there have always been some really bad, and some really good ones. Seeing Captain America disguised as a grandma, and Bucky in a "Lil' Lord Fauntleroy" type outfit in the original series was definitely unusual to see.

I'll agree that there is a lot of garbage out there right now, but fortunately not all of it has succumb to trying to appease the current trendy group, or at least not in any blatant way that I noticed.

You probably have a lot of the best stuff, but if you ever get more time you might check it out. Only problems I ran into was series I was reading not having enough material, or jumps in issues/across series. I don't want to have to read Fantastic 4 #5,000 to find out what happened in Spider-Man #4,999*.

I understood when they did stuff for big crossover events like Avenger's vs Defenders, but not some of the two bit villains in Spider-Man.

*Not the actual numbers, but after reading through so many jumps and crossovers it started to feel that way.

Comment

• Andrew Breitbart figured it out years ago.

“I didn’t go to religion to make me happy. I always knew a bottle of Port would do that. If you want a religion to make you feel really comfortable, I certainly don’t recommend Christianity.” - C.S. Lewis

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                          Indeed! Not to excuse it, AT ALL, the "casting couch" is a part of Hollywood history; Louis B Mayer at MGM was notorious. Marilyn Monroe described Hollywood as “an overcrowded brothel.”
                          Originally posted by Adrift View Post
                          Tassman is correct, Hollywood itself has a long long history of this sort of thing, and worse.
                          Always good to remember big shaper of culture is so perverted!!!
                          Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

• LOL:

Harvey Weinstein, in his first public response since multiple women accused him of sexual misconduct, said “we all make mistakes."

“Guys, I’m not doing OK, but I’m trying,” Weinstein told reporters on Wednesday as he entered an SUV parked outside his daughter’s Los Angeles home.

“I got to get help,” the former film executive said.

“A second chance, I hope,” Weinstein, 65, added.
                            http://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-know...-make-mistakes
                            How the heck do you mistakenly rape and harass women for decades? Oops!

This is typical liberal nonsense, trying to turn a situation around and make himself the victim and ask for sympathy.

He needs to go on trial.

Comment

• "Oops... I raped you. My bad."

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                                LOL:

How the heck do you mistakenly rape and harass women for decades? Oops!

This is typical liberal nonsense, trying to turn a situation around and make himself the victim and ask for sympathy.

He needs to go on trial.
                                And I don't care if he thinks he needs to get help. If he has been sexually assaulting women for decades he needs to be prosecuted.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment