Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Harvey Weinstein: Another Good Liberal...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
    Yes the story is ended as far as ILGA and NAMBLA are concerned. Your link says no more than NAMBLA wanted to rejoin ILGA.
    You obviously didn't read it.

But, “NAMBLA was expelled in '94 and a series of amendments were voted by ILGA members to ensure groups condoning paedophilia would not be able to become members of the federation. Our federation has not had any such group since 94”.
    As was clearly spelled out, it was because ILGA wanted to be approved by ECOSOC, and it was necessary to officially sever ties with NAMBLA. Can you REALLY be this dense?

So why do you pretend that there is still a connection?
    You're the one pretending - you refuse to look at facts, and dutifully repeat the mantra of the left.

My concern is your ill-conceived efforts

Posting links proving Tassy wrong are "ill-conceived efforts".

to link ILGA to pedophilia on the basis of NAMBLA's one time membership of ILGA.
    They were MARRIED, Tassy, and they got a divorce because the folks at IGLA caved to pressure and threw their buddies under the bus!

This is incorrect and dishonest.
    Yes, what you are doing is incorrect and dishonest, but no real surprise here at all.

Furthermore, there is no link between pedophilia and homosexuality, despite your best efforts to say there is in order to discredit LGBT's. Pedophiles are no more likely to be homosexual than heterosexual..
    IGLA cozied up to NAMBLA until it was not longer politically expedient, then tossed them out like yesteday's newspaper.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

A link that was brought to an end in 1994, when ILGA severed ties to NAMBLA and any groups condoning pedophilia!
      Yes, that was their public position. But, like Hillary says, there is “both a public and a private position”. The simple-minded and uninformed will dutifully accept the "public position" without question, especially when it serves their agenda.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

A link that was brought to an end in 1994, when ILGA severed ties to NAMBLA and any groups condoning pedophilia!
        Not because they were against pedophilia (they had no trouble with it for ten years) but because they could not get U.N. recognition without severing ties. It was all about political expediency.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          Not because they were against pedophilia (they had no trouble with it for ten years) but because they could not get U.N. recognition without severing ties. It was all about political expediency.
          You're going to need to get out your crayolas and big chief yeller tablet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
            You're going to need to get out your crayolas and big chief yeller tablet.
            Look how long it took just to get him and JimL to even acknowledge that they used to be connected.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Pixar's John Lasseter takes a leave of absence following allegations of sexual misconduct, giving what has become a typical "I'm sorry you feel that way" non-apology:

Source: Breitbart

In a memo to company employees issued Tuesday, the 60-year-old executive said he had recently had a “number of difficult conversations” he described as “very painful.”

“It’s been brought to my attention that I have made some of you feel disrespected or uncomfortable. That was never my intent. Collectively, you mean the world to me, and I deeply apologize if I have let you down,” Lasseter wrote in the statement, obtained by the Hollywood Reporter. “I especially want to apologize to anyone who has ever been on the receiving end of an unwanted hug or any other gesture they felt crossed the line in any way, shape, or form. No matter how benign my intent, everyone has the right to set their own boundaries and have them respected.”

http://www.breitbart.com/big-hollywo...t-allegations/

© Copyright Original Source

Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

The International Lesbian and Gay Association (ILGA) is a member organization comprising some 400 national LGBT groups in more than 90 countries...NAMBLA was but one small, self-governing member of ILGA. I realize that this does not square with the Evangelical insistence that ILGA and NAMBLA were bosom buddies and equal partners skipping hand-in-hand down the flower-strewn path and that homosexuality is inextricably tied to pederasty, but this is simply not the case.

At its world conference in New York City in June 1994, ILGA voted 214-30 to expel NAMBLA. Clearly you want to attribute cynical motives to this as you attempt to pursue the Evangelical anti-gay narrative, but the plain facts are that at one time NAMBLA was a small part of ILGA, it was expelled 23 years ago and there has been no reason for ILGA to seek its re-inclusion because it is considered antipathetical to its cause.
                “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

The International Lesbian and Gay Association (ILGA) is a member organization comprising some 400 national LGBT groups in more than 90 countries...NAMBLA was but one small, self-governing member of ILGA. I realize that this does not square with the Evangelical insistence that ILGA and NAMBLA were bosom buddies and equal partners skipping hand-in-hand down the flower-strewn path and that homosexuality is inextricably tied to pederasty, but this is simply not the case.

At its world conference in New York City in June 1994, ILGA voted 214-30 to expel NAMBLA. Clearly you want to attribute cynical motives to this as you attempt to pursue the Evangelical anti-gay narrative, but the plain facts are that at one time NAMBLA was a small part of ILGA, it was expelled 23 years ago and there has been no reason for ILGA to seek its re-inclusion because it is considered antipathetical to its cause.
                  Tassy - repeating the same thing out of context over and over does not make it true. And we don't "attribute cynical motives" - we flat out posted the internal conflict showing the proof.

But, no doubt, you'll keep burying your head in the sand and repeating the GLBKALACTJMX Mantra over and over, in the vain hope that it somehow becomes true.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                    Pixar's John Lasseter takes a leave of absence following allegations of sexual misconduct, giving what has become a typical "I'm sorry you feel that way" non-apology:

Source: Breitbart

In a memo to company employees issued Tuesday, the 60-year-old executive said he had recently had a “number of difficult conversations” he described as “very painful.”

“It’s been brought to my attention that I have made some of you feel disrespected or uncomfortable. That was never my intent. Collectively, you mean the world to me, and I deeply apologize if I have let you down,” Lasseter wrote in the statement, obtained by the Hollywood Reporter. “I especially want to apologize to anyone who has ever been on the receiving end of an unwanted hug or any other gesture they felt crossed the line in any way, shape, or form. No matter how benign my intent, everyone has the right to set their own boundaries and have them respected.”

http://www.breitbart.com/big-hollywo...t-allegations/

© Copyright Original Source

Even the MSM has started to pick up on the "awful apologies" (saw an article with that as the headline in today's WaPo Express). The only one that wasn't totally panned was Franken's - and even then, the writer noted its rather limited scope.
                    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                    sigpic
                    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

NAMBLA was an integral part of ILGA . Look at CP's post #671. They had their hands in virtually everything. And the strong negative reaction by many prominent gay's at the time to NAMBLA being given the boot reveals that this isn't "cynical motives" but what happened.

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                        Even the MSM has started to pick up on the "awful apologies" (saw an article with that as the headline in today's WaPo Express). The only one that wasn't totally panned was Franken's - and even then, the writer noted its rather limited scope.
                        Nearly all the reporting on Franken simply says that he apologized for it leaving out the part that he denies the allegation about badgering her about rehearsing the kiss and then shoving his tongue into her mouth while holding the back of her head so that she couldn't pull away.

Similarly, I've noticed that most news outlets quickly dropped the story rather than mention the second accuser and her corroborating evidence.

Comment

Nearly all the reporting on Franken simply says that he apologized for it leaving out the part that he denies the allegation about badgering her about rehearsing the kiss and then shoving his tongue into her mouth while holding the back of her head so that she couldn't pull away.

Similarly, I've noticed that most news outlets quickly dropped the story rather than mention the second accuser and her corroborating evidence.
                          Just as I predicted, his coldly calculated "apology" gave the mainstream media a sufficient excuse to spike the story.

Now the narrative is, "But Franken apologized! Why hasn't Moore?" without bothering to mention that there's no evidence that Moore has anything to apologize for, and in fact, the stories of his accusers are crumbling under scrutiny.

Comment

• So, here's a question. I've noticed that very, very few of those accused have denied the accusations. This confuses me.

It seems like as soon as just one person makes an accusation, then the accused will either admit to it or simply say "well, I don't remember it, but sorry anyway." Why don't people more frequently try to deny it? Frequently it's just accusation without hard evidence to back it up, but then they just admit it.

Granted, I'm sure a whole lot of them are guilty. But even for the guilty, you'd think they're more frequently deny it, particularly considering how many times people who previously were unsure change their mind as soon as someone admits guilt. It's not as if morality is necessarily a big factor if they were guilty of the things they supposedly did anyway. It just confuses me.

Comment

• They know they're guilty, and they don't know how much evidence the accuser might have, so they really can't risk denying it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                                They know they're guilty, and they don't know how much evidence the accuser might have, so they really can't risk denying it.
                                Unlike Big Dog Bill who clearly said....

Comment