Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Harvey Weinstein: Another Good Liberal...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    Well if the only way Tassy can "win" a debate is by burning a strawman, you can expect a freaking bonfire from him.
    "Infiltrated"

Sheeeesh!
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
      There ISN’T any public statement by ILGA endorsing pedophilia but there are several public statements explicitly rejecting pedophilia.

Yes, three pedophile groups infiltrated ILGA....
      I think I posted this before, but here we go again...

NAMBLA has been a member of the International Lesbian and Gay
      Association for 10 years. We've been continuously active in ILGA longer
      than any other US organization. NAMBLA delegates to ILGA helped write
      ILGA's constitution, its official positions on the sexual rights of
      youth, and its stands against sexual coercion and corporal punishment.
      We are proud of our contributions in making ILGA a stronger voice for the
      international gay and lesbian movement and for sexual justice.

And their version of ILGA's record, with respect to the public statements against pedophilia...

The ILGA secretariats' statement contradicts the positions
      ILGA has adopted over the course of a decade, and greatly distorts
      NAMBLA's platform.

ILGA's current positions on man/boy love and pedophilia are
      explicit:

-- In 1985, ILGA adopted a position on "Age of Consent/Paedophilia/
      Children's Rights" that urged member organizations to "lobby their
      governments to abolish the age of consent law" so long as there is
      "adequate protection for youth from being sexually abused without
      the age of consent law."

-- In 1986, ILGA adopted a position that says the group "supports
      the right of young people to sexual and social self-determination."

-- In 1988, ILGA declared "this conference recognizes that existing
      same-sex age-of-consent laws often operate to oppress and not to
      protect; that in many countries, existing laws on sexual coercion
      and rules of evidence also often operate to oppress and not to
      protect; that therefore member organizations are urged to consider
      how best children, adolescents, and people of all ages can be
      empowered and supported against both sexual coercion and sexual
      oppression and to work towards that end."

-- In 1990, ILGA "calls on all members to treat all sexual
      minorities with respect and to engage in constructive dialogue
      with them. In another position adopted that year, ILGA declared
      that it "supports the right of every individual, regardless of
      age, to explore and develop her or his sexuality."

So much for your "infiltration" hooey. (or do you think they're lying?)
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        What's wrong with your head? I have never claimed ILGA endorsed pedophilia. It is without question, though, that they allowed groups who did.
        All three pedophile groups were expelled from ILGA and rules were put in place to ensure no future admission of similar groups. What more do you suggest they do, self immolate?

Yeah, well, maybe it's like your buddy Hillary who promotes a public policy and a private policy that conflict.
        More like YOUR buddy's Trump and Moore, they’re the ones with accusations of child molestation against them.

Check this out - NAMBLA's website states that it is a political, civil rights, and educational organization whose goal is to end "the extreme oppression of men and boys in mutually consensual relationships".

Do you buy THAT? And they don't publicly state that they support pedophilia. Are they lying?
        Whose interested in NAMBLA’s website, we all know what it stands for? And it’s NOT what ILGA stands for.

Now YOU check this out: “NAMBLA was expelled in ‘94 and a series of amendments were voted by ILGA members to ensure groups condoning paedophilia would not be able to become members of the federation. Our federation has not had any such group since 94.”

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/warrent...-about-nambla/

INFILTRATED?!?!?! Now THERE is SPIN!!!!! What a totally ignorant and misleading statement.
        No spin! “Hans Hjerpekjon, secretary-general of the Brussels-based ILGA, said NAMBLA joined the association about 15 years ago [this is dated 1994], when it was a loose network with no rules for admission”.

You're back to the "gays and lesbians are really stupid people" argument.
        No, YOU’RE back to the "gays and lesbians can be conflated with pedophilia” line...which is clearly the entire point of your ranting. “This is an old trick" said Julie Dorf, executive director of the International Gay and Lesbian Human Rights Commission, a member of ILGA.

This is the only point of your meaningless spin. There is no other possible reason, i.e. homophobic bigotry.

And THERE is spin.... ILGA allowed NAMBLA to join, there was no "infiltration". THAT is spin.
        See above.

Yes, it took EXTERNAL pressure to make ILGA expel NAMBA. We agree on that.
        Partly. Hjerpekjon said ILGA has been concerned about its association with NAMBLA since the late 1980s and has urged the group to resign. In 1990, at the behest of member organizations from Scandinavia, Australia and New Zealand, ILGA adopted a resolution denouncing pedophilia, he said. So your argument that ILGA wanted NAMBLA within its organisation is not supported by facts...despite your homophobic attempts to closely link ILGA and NAMBLA.

More spin. What do you expect him to say - "well, yeah, we allowed them in, but now we have a different position?" OF COURSE he's going to put the best spin on it.
        And you're going to put the worst spin on it. WHY? Oh, I know, you are trying to conflate gays and lesbians with pedophilia...the old evangelical trick to make people hate homosexuals. THat's what all this is about, isn't it?
        Last edited by Tassman; 12-13-2017, 11:21 PM.
        “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

All three pedophile groups were expelled from ILGA and rules were put in place to ensure no future admission of similar groups. What more do you suggest they do, self immolate?
          It's not about telling them what they should do, it's about pointing out that homosexual activism and pedophilia go hand in hand. What they should do is disband and stop trying to normalize degeneracy.
          "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

All three pedophile groups were
            accepted by ILGA allowed to be part of ILGA for a DECADE until ILGA was called out on it, and threw them under the bus for political expediency.

Comment

More like YOUR buddy's Trump and Moore, they’re the ones with accusations of child molestation against them.

Whose interested in NAMBLA’s website, we all know what it stands for? And it’s NOT what ILGA stands for.

Now YOU check this out: “NAMBLA was expelled in ‘94 and a series of amendments were voted by ILGA members to ensure groups condoning paedophilia would not be able to become members of the federation. Our federation has not had any such group since 94.”

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/warrent...-about-nambla/

No spin! “Hans Hjerpekjon, secretary-general of the Brussels-based ILGA, said NAMBLA joined the association about 15 years ago [this is dated 1994], when it was a loose network with no rules for admission”.

No, YOU’RE back to the "gays and lesbians can be conflated with pedophilia” line...which is clearly the entire point of your ranting. “This is an old trick" said Julie Dorf, executive director of the International Gay and Lesbian Human Rights Commission, a member of ILGA.

This is the only point of your meaningless spin. There is no other possible reason, i.e. homophobic bigotry.

See above.

Partly. Hjerpekjon said ILGA has been concerned about its association with NAMBLA since the late 1980s and has urged the group to resign. In 1990, at the behest of member organizations from Scandinavia, Australia and New Zealand, ILGA adopted a resolution denouncing pedophilia, he said. So your argument that ILGA wanted NAMBLA within its organisation is not supported by facts...despite your homophobic attempts to closely link ILGA and NAMBLA.

And you're going to put the worst spin on it. WHY? Oh, I know, you are trying to conflate gays and lesbians with pedophilia...the old evangelical trick to make people hate homosexuals. THat's what all this is about, isn't it?
              Methinks thou protestest too much.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                Methinks thou protestest too much.
                Yeah, ya gotta wonder.

Comment

Maybe, just maybe now, perhaps they might actually finally disown the position in the Gay Rights Platform at the 1972 National Coalition of Gay Organizations Convention which calls for "Repeal of all laws governing the age of sexual consent" (#7 of actions to be taken at the state level).

Somehow I figure that you will find away to excuse their not doing so at some point over the past 45 years.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                    Maybe, just maybe now, perhaps they might actually finally disown the position in the Gay Rights Platform at the 1972 National Coalition of Gay Organizations Convention which calls for "Repeal of all laws governing the age of sexual consent" (#7 of actions to be taken at the state level).

Somehow I figure that you will find away to excuse their not doing so at some point over the past 45 years.
                    Well, since Tassy and Jimmy seem to think gays and lesbians are too stupid to know what NAMBLA was... or let them in because of poor vetting processes... or weren't sure what a "boy" was... or.... those durn sneaky perverts INFILTRATED ILGA... or....

what's the current spin?

FACT is, NAMBLA has been with ILGA pretty much since the beginning, helped them write their constitution, and were ONLY thrown overboard when they were outed by Jesse Helms.

BUT.... Tassy will probably tumble in and spin again.

Comment

Well, since Tassy and Jimmy seem to think gays and lesbians are too stupid to know what NAMBLA was... or let them in because of poor vetting processes... or weren't sure what a "boy" was... or.... those durn sneaky perverts INFILTRATED ILGA... or....

what's the current spin?

FACT is, NAMBLA has been with ILGA pretty much since the beginning, helped them write their constitution, and were ONLY thrown overboard when they were outed by Jesse Helms.

BUT.... Tassy will probably tumble in and spin again.
                      I can honestly say that I never expected anybody to use the defense JimL did in this thread: that the word "boy" was just too ambiguous in the context NAMBLA uses it. He definitely surprised me there.
                      I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
                        I can honestly say that I never expected anybody to use the defense JimL did in this thread: that the word "boy" was just too ambiguous in the context NAMBLA uses it. He definitely surprised me there.
                        Yeah, at first, I thought he goofed, then he kept doubling down. He must think gays and lesbians are REALLY REALLY stupid people.

Comment

Yeah, at first, I thought he goofed, then he kept doubling down. He must think gays and lesbians are REALLY REALLY stupid people.
                          He seems to think most people are dumber than he is, and given his past posts that is definitely saying something.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
                            He seems to think most people are dumber than he is, and given his past posts that is definitely saying something.
                            I just love it when he calls me dumb, and thinks he has proven to everybody how dumb I really am.

(HUSH, Rogue!)

Comment

I just love it when he calls me dumb, and thinks he has proven to everybody how dumb I really am.

(HUSH, Rogue!)
                              0000000000can't disagree.jpg
                              You just wanna suck all the joy outta my life

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

accepted by ILGA allowed to be part of ILGA for a DECADE until ILGA was called out on it, and threw them under the bus for political expediency.
                                This is a gross oversimplification of what occurred as has been explained umpteen times. The only possible motivation is your dishonest and inaccurate attempt to conflate gays and lesbians with pedophilia so as to further your evangelical agenda.

The bottom line is that “NAMBLA was expelled from ILGA in ‘94 and a series of amendments were voted by ILGA members to ensure groups condoning pedophilia would not be able to become members of the federation. ILGA has not had any such group, nor any association with such groups, since then.
                                “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment