Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Harvey Weinstein: Another Good Liberal...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
    Sigh!

Whatever connections (such as they were) NAMBLA may once have had with the LGBT movement, it doesn't have them now. And there are no grounds whatsoever for your previous "suspicion" that given half a chance NAMBLA will be welcomed back into its embrace.

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/7...ened-to-nambla

And there is NO suggestion that they will be resumed.
    The "sudden notoriety" was a result of IGLA at having first receiving consultative status with the United Nations and then having it revoked after their close decade long working relationship with NAMBLA was revealed. Only then did IGLA throw them under the bus or, as The Advocate (the nation's oldest and largest gay rights magazine) describes it, "revoking NAMBLA's ten-year membership in the worldwide group."

And let's not keep ignoring the fact that the 1972 Gay Rights Platform, created at the National Coalition of Gay Organizations Convention (represented by some 200 gay rights groups ) which was held in Chicago of that year, specifically called for "Repeal of all laws governing the age of sexual consent" (#7 of actions to be taken at the state level). To the best of my knowledge, none of the organizations involved or their successors have ever repudiated this platform including the call to eliminate an age of consent -- and that speaks volumes.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      The dirty secret is that they're still connected, they just keep the connection on the down-low for the sake of expediency.
      And you know this how?

Comment

• Originally posted by Adrift View Post
        But you do admit, however, that despite the so-called "Evangelical narrative", that NAMBLA was at one point connected to the LGBT movement, correct? And relatively recently at that...right?
        And so your point is what? That since NAMBLA was at one time somehow connected to ILGA, therefore the rights of the LGBT community should be denied, or what?

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
          And so your point is what? That since NAMBLA was at one time somehow connected to ILGA, therefore the rights of the LGBT community should be denied, or what?
          I think you are projecting your motive for dismissing the fact that they used to be closely allied. You are afraid that if it were common knowledge that it would adversely effect "the rights of the LGBT community" so you pretend that they didn't exist. Cover ups always make things better, correct?

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
            And you know this how?
            Read the stuff rogue06 has repeatedly posted. The homosexual community distanced themselves from their pedophile counterparts not because of moral conviction but because of public pressure. I guarantee that they will openly embrace them again once they think they can get away with it. Remember, it was just a short decade ago that nobody ever thought homosexuals would make the inroads they have, and pedophiles are eager to follow the trail that has been blazed.
            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

The relevant point...
              In other words, "I don't have the guts to give you a straight answer".
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                I think you are projecting your motive for dismissing the fact that they used to be closely allied. You are afraid that if it were common knowledge that it would adversely effect "the rights of the LGBT community" so you pretend that they didn't exist. Cover ups always make things better, correct?
                Well your thinking is wrong. I'm not afraid of whatever their connection might have been in the past, but the past is the past, and it has nothing to do with the LGBT community now unless you have an agenda against homosexual people in general. Do you?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                  The dirty secret is that they're still connected, they just keep the connection on the down-low for the sake of expediency.
                  Not that you have any evidence for this, but it fits your narrative to associate pedophilia with homosexuality, so it must be true.

Comment

I think you are projecting your motive for dismissing the fact that they used to be closely allied. You are afraid that if it were common knowledge that it would adversely effect "the rights of the LGBT community" so you pretend that they didn't exist.
                    They were never closely allied. ILGA comprises a loosely knit member organization comprising some 400 national LGBT groups in many different countries, of which NAMBLA was just one group and which was subsequently expelled.

IGLA has never advocated on behalf of pedophilia, despite the dishonest attempts of Evangelicals to link the two for religious/political propaganda purposes. It exists to achieve equal rights for lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans and intersex (LGBT) people, NOT pedophiles.

http://ilga.org/about-us/

Cover ups always make things better, correct?
                    Tell that to Donald Trump.

Comment

The relevant point, despite the dishonest Evangelical narrative so the contrary, is that most adults of whatever sexual orientation despise adults who have sex with kids.
                      or they pretend to do so in public to avoid further bad publicity anyway
                      "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
                        or they pretend to do so in public to avoid further bad publicity anyway
                        Pedophile victims are both male and female, i.e. the perpetrators are both heterosexuals and homosexuals. And, just as heterosexuals abhor pedophile behaviour so do homosexuals. Your attempt to link homosexuality with pedophilia is no more valid than trying to link heterosexuality with pedophilia.
                        Last edited by Tassman; 11-13-2017, 01:51 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassmoron View Post
                          Not that you have any evidence for this, but it fits your narrative to associate pedophilia with homosexuality, so it must be true.
                          I find it interesting that instead of trying to refute rogie06's lengthy post proving all of this, you guys just flat out ignore it and pretend it doesn't exist.
                          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Pedophile victims are both male and female, i.e. the perpetrators are both heterosexuals and homosexuals. And, just as heterosexuals abhor pedophile behaviour so do homosexuals. Your attempt to link homosexuality with pedophilia is no more valid than trying to link heterosexuality with pedophilia.
                            How bout actually responding to Rogue's post on this, instead of empty yammer?
                            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

They were never closely allied.
                              Noooo. Not at all

Which explains why so many prominent gays were so outraged when IGLA threw them under the bus.

Which explains why David Thorstad, the founder of NAMBLA, was invited to be the keynote speaker at the gay rights parade right before he was suddenly disinvited.

Which explains why NAMBLA was invited to several other gay rights parades even after they were disinvited from the one in 1979.

Which explains why the 1972 Gay Rights Platform specifically called for "Repeal of all laws governing the age of sexual consent."

Which explains why in the 80s the gay community quickly rallied around and supported the bookstore that was selling a book called How to Have Sex With Kids which included instructions on how to both entice and kidnap small children, how to have sex with them, and even how to intimidate and threaten them into silence.

Comment

Noooo. Not at all

Which explains why so many prominent gays were so outraged when IGLA threw them under the bus.

Which explains why David Thorstad, the founder of NAMBLA, was invited to be the keynote speaker at the gay rights parade right before he was suddenly disinvited.

Which explains why NAMBLA was invited to several other gay rights parades even after they were disinvited from the one in 1979.

Which explains why the 1972 Gay Rights Platform specifically called for "Repeal of all laws governing the age of sexual consent."

Which explains why in the 80s the gay community quickly rallied around and supported the bookstore that was selling a book called How to Have Sex With Kids which included instructions on how to both entice and kidnap small children, how to have sex with them, and even how to intimidate and threaten them into silence.
                                It is incredibly unfair, and possibly inhumane, to try to torture Tassy with those fact thingies when his mind is already made up.

Comment