Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Harvey Weinstein: Another Good Liberal...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Here's part of the history of ILGA... from their own website
    – 24 June – 3 July: 16th Annual Conference in New York (United States). Hosted by the Center ILGA Committee, a program of the Lesbian and Gay Community Services Center.
    o Paedofilia is clearly condemned, and pro-paedophilia members of the ILGA are expelled by a motion which is approved by 88% of the members.

Apparently, it was NOT "end of story".
    It was the "end of the story":

NAMBLA was expelled [from ILGA] in '94 and a series of amendments were voted by ILGA members to ensure groups condoning paedophilia would not be able to become members of the federation. Our federation has not had any such group since 94. You can find a public statement on that matter under the section “About ILGA” on ilga.org.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/warrent...-about-nambla/
    “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
      It was the "end of the story":
      Obviously not, cause we're still talking about it.

NAMBLA was expelled [from ILGA] in '94 and a series of amendments were voted by ILGA members to ensure groups condoning paedophilia would not be able to become members of the federation. Our federation has not had any such group since 94. You can find a public statement on that matter under the section “About ILGA” on ilga.org.

Twelve percent voted no. Did you miss that part? And, if you actually read the story, the driving force behind this was the organization's desire to be approved as an NGO, and they believed they were being turned down because of their association with NAMBLA.

It reads like it was written for simpletons to buy in - they claim they didn't have procedures in place to prevent an organization like NAMBLA from joining.

That's dumber than "the dog ate my homework".
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Obviously not, cause we're still talking about it.
        YOU are still talking about it, I’m merely responding.

Twelve percent voted no. Did you miss that part? And, if you actually read the story, the driving force behind this was the organization's desire to be approved as an NGO, and they believed they were being turned down because of their association with NAMBLA.

It reads like it was written for simpletons to buy in - they claim they didn't have procedures in place to prevent an organization like NAMBLA from joining.

That's dumber than "the dog ate my homework".
        The facts are straightforward. NAMBLA was expelled [from ILGA] in ‘94 and a series of amendments were voted by ILGA members to ensure groups condoning paedophilia would not be able to become members of the federation. Our federation has not had any such group since 94”.

Of course, the actual facts will not alter the distorted Evangelical insistence of categorising ALL homosexuals as evil abominations to the Lord and closet pedophiles. It’s more congruent with their agenda of hate and demand for conformity to "wholesome family values".

“He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
          Dangit, I actually liked Stallone.
          He denies it ever happened and said this is the first time he heard of it (as in the cops never contacted him) while the accuser claims she told the cops (but did not press charges).
          "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

YOU are still talking about it, I’m merely responding.
            Yeah, that's a conversation, and you're in it.

The facts are straightforward. NAMBLA was expelled [from ILGA] in ‘94
            By no means unanimous!

and a series of amendments were voted by ILGA members to ensure groups condoning paedophilia would not be able to become members of the federation. Our federation has not had any such group since 94”.
            Yeah, they wanted to be more respectable because they were trying to be approved as an NGO.

Of course, the actual facts will not alter the distorted Evangelical insistence of categorising ALL homosexuals as evil abominations to the Lord and closet pedophiles.
            It should be no surprise to anybody that you overshot the runway quite a bit on that one.

It’s more congruent with their agenda of hate and demand for conformity to "wholesome family values".
            Says the anti-Christian hatemonger who's only here to advance his own agenda.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
              I'm saying that the past wrongs by an organization that supports LGBT rights has nothing to do with the LGBT community that it supports. What rogue is trying to do is to denegrate LGBT people in general because of the actions of an organization that supports their rights.
              And yet I wrote specifically about how many gays and lesbians would less than happy if IGLA reached out to NAMBLA in an attempt to mend fences over their past betrayal and help them in attempting to obtain respectability once they thought the time is right.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Just answer the question. Again: where’s the part where “many prominent gays were so outraged when IGLA threw NAMBLA under the bus?” The actual words not your spin based upon selected sources.

The fact is that is that at its world conference in New York City in June 1994, ILGA voted by a very large majority to expel NAMBLA. End of story!
                You really are an idiot Tass.

I provided a slew of quotes from prominent gay leaders who were none too happy about IGLA sacrificing their allies for their own gain. That wasn't my spin but their words. Since I've posted this two or three times in this very thread it is patently obvious you never bothered to once read those posts yet idiotically keep demanding that I provide their "actual words."

And IGLA only disassociated themselves from NAMBLA after a decade long association when it became politically necessary -- not because they disagreed with them.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                  OBP, if you voted for Trump, then you are a Trump supporter. Simple as that!
                  By that logic then if ILGA ever allied themselves with NAMBLA (which they did for 10 years) then they're supporters of pedophilia. Simple as that!

Comment

Actually, I don't read Shakespeare unless I'm forced to.
                    Read The Taming of the Shrew. It really is quite hilarious.

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                      I like Shakespeare. Then again, I enjoy parsing The Canterbury Tales in the original, which is even older.
                      The copy I had back in school had the modern translation on one page and the original Middle English version on the opposite one.

Comment

By no means unanimous!
                        NAMBLA was expelled from ILGA in ‘94.

Yeah, they wanted to be more respectable because they were trying to be approved as an NGO.
                        You reckon? IGLA has not accepted any group condoning pedophilia into the Federations since 94”

Comment

NAMBLA was expelled from ILGA in ‘94.
                          Yes, because they were seeking recognition as an NGO - you keep leaving that part out.

You reckon?
                          It's there on their own website.

IGLA has not accepted any group condoning pedophilia into the Federations since 94”
                          Yes, they've gotten more media savvy.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                            By that logic then if ILGA ever allied themselves with NAMBLA (which they did for 10 years) then they're supporters of pedophilia. Simple as that!
                            I didn't want to go that far, but... yeah!

Comment

I didn't want to go that far, but... yeah!
                              That why I said "by that logic"

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                                And since JimL and tassman ally themselves with ILGA, they're supporters of pedophilia as well.
                                "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment