Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Harvey Weinstein: Another Good Liberal...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
    Are you saying you have answered the question as to WHY you are presenting the “facts in the case”? I must have missed it.
    It's not all you've missed. Like your wretched reading of Rosendall's calling out of NAMBLA, which you construed as defense of NAMBLA. Your brain is fried, Tassman.

Isn't it about time for another of your anti-Christian tirades? Or maybe another little drama queen hissy fit? Or some more false accusations? That seems to be what you do best.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      It's not all you've missed. Like your wretched reading of Rosendall's calling out of NAMBLA, which you construed as defense of NAMBLA. Your brain is fried, Tassman.
      Just answer the question. WHY were you presenting the “facts in the case” re NAMBLA's association with ILGA? What point were you trying to make if you were not implying homosexuals were complicit with pedophile groups. I believe you were doing just that and you've presented no reason to for me to think otherwise.

Isn't it about time for another of your anti-Christian tirades? Or maybe another little drama queen hissy fit? Or some more false accusations? That seems to be what you do best.
      Get a grip, CP. You're hysterical.
      Last edited by Tassman; 01-16-2018, 01:41 AM.
      “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

• Originally posted by Starlight View Post
        Do you feel like if you repeat it often enough it will become true?
        It's true whether I point it out or not.

Comment

Get a grip, CP. You're hysterical.
          Actually, an unintended consequence of this little exercise is revealing what a truly hateful and judgmental anti-Christian bigot you are.

I'm calmly posting facts, and you're making all kinds of false allegations and jumping to wacky conclusions.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

It is the context in which the statements are made that matters.

You are not a historian writing a book about history who is noting facts about history or arguing some thesis in an academic journal. You are not in a history sub-forum debating the historical facts of various events and connections between them.

You are a person talking in a public forum about civics who is deliberately trying to slander an entire group of people in the present (people who identify as gay in the present day), as an entire group, via your public discourse. You are attempting to do so in this instance by invoking a historical thesis about how a small number of people in a past generation of people who identified as gay interacted with an organisation calling itself "NAMBLA". The deliberate attempted public slander of an entire minority group via some negative thesis about what some of them do/might have done/previously did, is what makes it harmful / hate speech / illegal. The question of the historical truth or falsity of your thesis itself is not even relevant - because you are clearly wielding the thesis in order to slander a minority group in the present with a negative accusation that broad-brush tars millions of people with the alleged actions of a few people in the past, which is what makes it hate speech, and illegal and punishable in many countries.

Think of it as harassment. If you said something to someone once, that would be okay. But if you keep going up to them over and over and over and repeatedly saying it, that's harassment, and grounds for them seeking a restraining order to keep you away from them etc. You say:
            You have some crazy thesis you've constructed about historical gay groups in the 20th century and their alleged connections with NAMBLA. Ok, whatever, I could hardly care less. It's when you bring it up repeatedly that it becomes harassment and hate speech - after all, what do you think you're achieving by bringing it up repeatedly? I suggest it's rather obvious that what you think you're achieving is tarring gay people / groups in the present with negative allegations regarding their agendas / views. So your (a) belief in the NAMBLA thesis and (b) the use you make of it in public discourse, are two totally different things - the former is a belief about history which might be right or wrong, and the latter is repeated slander and harassment of gay people in the present day which is covered by hate speech laws designed to prevent harassment of minority groups.
            So...how many times have you called all of the conservatives and Christians on this site sociopaths, evil, murderers, "worse than pedophiles," etc.?
            I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

The point of your exercise is an attempt to link homosexuality to pedophilia by citing “facts” divorced from their context, ignoring mitigating circumstances and disingenuously suggesting that people can make up their own minds based upon your “facts”. In short it’s an exercise in bigotry. Do you deny this? What possible other reason do you have if not to suggest there is a connection between homosexuality and pedophilia?

In fact there is NO connection. “The empirical research does not show that gay or bisexual men are any more likely than heterosexual men to molest children. This is not to argue that homosexual and bisexual men never molest children. But there is no scientific basis for asserting that they are more likely than heterosexual men to do so. And, as explained above, many child molesters cannot be characterized as having an adult sexual orientation at all; they are fixated on children”.

http://psychology.ucdavis.edu/rainbo...lestation.html
              Yet again you are being dishonest by equivocating Homosexuality with the ILGA. We have been talking about the organization ILGA and their relationship with NAMBLA, not homosexuals. We pointed this out before yet this is your only defense, to attack a straw man. You are laughable.

Comment

• As for why Cow Poke "really" posted in this thread, I'll just leave this here:

Originally posted by Starlight
                Also, not psychoanalyzing people quite as much would help a lot too...

I suggest you increase the amount of time you spend responding to what people actually post, and decrease the amount of time spent making wild claims about their psychology and what they 'really' believe in your view. It is naturally rather pointless talking to someone who tells me they know what I think and why I think it far better than I do. Why don't you just have both sides of the conversation in your own head, since you think you know me better than I know myself, you'll know what I'll say better than I do!

Comment

Sadly CP is a pastor and his spreading of his hateful views is not limited to small internet forums.

I grant that comparing small harms done to a large number of people vs a large harm done to a small number of people can be an interesting moral issue worthy of discussion in and of itself.

Unfortunately with gay rights issues, historically at least we have seen large harms done to a large number of people by virtue of the use of law against them having sex and against them marrying. The seriousness of this widespread civil rights violation can hardly be overstated, affecting, as it did, millions of people, and violating basic human rights and freedoms. IMO we should regard people who supported and advocated for those massive civil rights violations on par with other people in history who supported and advocated for massive civil rights violations, e.g. those who supported slavery or apartheid. CP's crimes, IMO, are not limited to "he repeatedly slandered a massive group of people around the world in stuff he wrote on a small internet forum", but sadly he has willfully and openly supported stripping millions of people of basic human rights.
                  You are so full of bull crap Starlight. CP has not said one hateful thing about homosexuals. Again, we have been talking about the Organization: ILGA. As an official position.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
                    As for why Cow Poke "really" posted in this thread, I'll just leave this here:

Originally posted by Starlight
                    I suggest you increase the amount of time you spend responding to what people actually post, and decrease the amount of time spent making wild claims about their psychology and what they 'really' believe in your view. It is naturally rather pointless talking to someone who tells me they know what I think and why I think it far better than I do. Why don't you just have both sides of the conversation in your own head, since you think you know me better than I know myself, you'll know what I'll say better than I do! ...... (probably)
                    That's excellent! I think I'll borrow that when Tassman gets into his goofy little "Spanish Inquisition" mode!

Comment

• Originally posted by Chrawnus View Post
                      It's true whether I point it out or not.
                      Some things are true and worthy of repeating, but simply repeating false things doesn't make them true.

Comment

• Originally posted by Adrift View Post
                        It's pretty clear to everyone? If that's truly the case, then let's take it to a simple forum vote. That's not hard to do.

We could put it something like this, "Did Cow Poke post dozens of posts about the association between ILGA and NAMBLA because 1.) He was clearly attempting to associate all gay people with pedophiles, or 2.) He was attempting to out-Tassman Tassman who has been asserting over and over again that there's never been a close association between ILGA and NAMBLA?

Tassman is the type of rare TWeb poster (but oddly not so rare atheist poster) who will NEVER let go of a bone once he's bitten onto it, no matter how many times he's been kicked in the side, and rebuffed. Apparently he has little better to do than spend inordinate amounts of time repeating the same thing over and over and over again ad nauseum. CP, in this relatively rare occurrence, has decided to match Tassman's tenacity. A feat we rarely see on the theist side outside of seer. Unlike you, I've actually read every single post in this hundreds page thread. It is NOT the purpose of CP to smear gay people via alleged historical connections with pedophilia. It never has been. CP wasn't even the person who initially broached the subject. The subject began with Darth Executor, Tassman replied to him, DE replied back, then Tassman replied back, then rogue jumped in, and somewhere along the line CP finally threw in his two cents. Not once has CP claimed, implied, or otherwise stated that homosexuality in general has anything to do with pedophilia. That's just something Tassman, JimL, and now you have made up for rhetorical points.
                        And I think they all know that. This is just the typical liberal tactic of accusing their opponent of being bigots and morally reprobate in order to deflect from the actual conversation and try to turn the whole thing 180 degrees and side track the conversation. Rather than engage the actual debate they merely ad hom their way out of it.

Comment

This might be hard for you to understand but: There's more than one liberal in the world and they don't all share the same views on everything. ~gasp~

Some are free speech absolutists. Some are not. Some support hate-speech laws. Some do not.

Crazy ain't it?
                          So then, you don't believe in free speech for everyone. Good to know.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                            So then, you don't believe in free speech for everyone. Good to know.
                            I think this is by far one of the biggest hypocrisies of the liberal mindset --- "we want open dialogue, free thought, free speech --- but you shut up, you wretched homophobe!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                              I think this is by far one of the biggest hypocrisies of the liberal mindset --- "we want open dialogue, free thought, free speech --- but you shut up, you wretched homophobe!"
                              Babylon Bee, as always, has some incisive input on the subject.

Comment

• As to why CP and others have been going on for pages and pages about this:

We are only posting refutation to Tassman's statement here, which started it all:

Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                                The International LBGT Association rejected NAMBLA's membership. As well, paedophiles are heterosexual as well, not just homosexual. But again, this has nothing to do with “promoting gay rights” or “promoting women’s rights”, let alone “exploiting and preying” on gays and women, as Rogue claimed
                                We told him that they did not "reject their membership" as if they applied but that NAMBLA actually was there at the beginning, helped ILGA write their constitution, and was only kicked out after 10 years when the UN said they would lose their status if they associated with Pedophilia groups.

After that, it became a back and forth between Tassman refusing to accept the facts, JimL trying to excuse pedophilia by asking what "boy" meant, and us repeating the above facts with clear citation. When Tassman realized he could no longer keep up the charade that ILGA and NAMBLA were associated from the beginning, he decided to move the goal posts and accuse CP and the rest of us of attacking homosexuals. Then Starlight jumps in and does his hysterical drama queen imitation and calls CP worse than a pedophile and espousing hate speech even though he admitted he didn't even READ the pages in question.

...and here we are.

Comment