Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Harvey Weinstein: Another Good Liberal...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Adrift View Post
    That's not really the case. Most of his movies are award buzz type films, which don't typically translate to "blockbuster", because, unlike me, most people would rather watch the next Michael Bay fluff than sit through a 3 hour French melodrama. His films almost certainly are considered first rate in the biz.
    Actually he did make some good movies!
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      No, it was me pointing out that a goober who can't even spell and use decent grammar, and appears never to have had an original thought, is routinely calling everybody he disagrees with 'stupid', 'idiot' and 'moron'.
      For a preacher you're quite the hypocrite CP.

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
        Apparently he had sufficient pull to make things difficult for even established actresses who rebuffed his advances.
        Actors typically balance their blockbuster appearances with Oscar/Golden Globe type indie work in order to retain their credibility. Most would probably rather do the smaller films since it allows them to stretch their acting chops, but the new Marvel film is what's going to buy them a new yacht or two.

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post
          Actually he did make some good movies!
          He made a crap ton of great movies, in my opinion. Most blockbusters suck cause they're aimed at the lowest common denominator. Granted, sometimes it's nice to turn off your brain and watch the latest bubblegum pop pic, but if you want something to really chew on, you're not going to get it with most blockbuster type films.

Comment

He made a crap ton of great movies, in my opinion. Most blockbusters suck cause they're aimed at the lowest common denominator. Granted, sometimes it's nice to turn off your brain and watch the latest bubblegum pop pic, but if you want something to really chew on, you're not going to get it with most blockbuster type films.
            Agreed. His films regularly feature on top film lists.
            Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
            MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

I generally don't like the "artsy" type films. They seem way too pretentious and usually are boring as heck. I watch movies for entertainment, not as a cure for insomnia. If I want something deep to think about, I like books.

But I understand what you are saying.

Comment

That's not really the case. Most of his movies are award buzz type films, which don't typically translate to "blockbuster", because, unlike me, most people would rather watch the next Michael Bay fluff than sit through a 3 hour French melodrama. His films almost certainly are considered first rate in the biz.
                I loved Good Will Hunting, The King's Speech, Gangs of New York, Jane Eyre, etc...and my guilty pleasures like the Hateful Eight, Pulp Fiction, etc...
                Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

I loved Good Will Hunting, The King's Speech, Gangs of New York, Jane Eyre, etc...and my guilty pleasures like the Hateful Eight, Pulp Fiction, etc...
                  Dude, I don't even know you!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                    I generally don't like the "artsy" type films. They seem way too pretentious and usually are boring as heck. I watch movies for entertainment, not as a cure for insomnia. If I want something deep to think about, I like books.

But I understand what you are saying.
                    I'd heard good things about The Fountain, and after suffering through it (dear lord that movie is boring), I was pretty sure it was just a load of pretentious nonsense.
                    I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
                      I'd heard good things about The Fountain, and after suffering through it (dear lord that movie is boring), I was pretty sure it was just a load of pretentious nonsense.
                      I hate "chick flicks" too. And artsy chick flicks are the worst. I suffered through "Steel Magnolias" with a few friends (we had free tickets) -Gah! It was horrible. I actually felt jealous that Julia Roberts got to die during the movie and I didn't.

Comment

Dude, I don't even know you!
                        Is my slip showing?

Comment

Is my slip showing?
                          Yes, yes it is.

Man-In-Weird-Lady-Dress-Funny-Image-For-Whatsapp.jpg

Comment

I hate "chick flicks" too. And artsy chick flicks are the worst. I suffered through "Steel Magnolias" with a few friends (we had free tickets) -Gah! It was horrible. I actually felt jealous that Julia Roberts got to die during the movie and I didn't.
                            Back in the 90s I had a girlfriend who insisted on dragging me to various chick flicks. Every blue moon or so there was actually a good one but the overwhelming majority of the time I felt like emulating one of those Roman citizens who would actually fake their death in order to leave one of Emperor Nero's acting or musical performances.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Yes, yes it is.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]24396[/ATTACH]
                              How did you find my FaceBook page!

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                                Back in the 90s I had a girlfriend who insisted on dragging me to various chick flicks. Every blue moon or so there was actually a good one but the overwhelming majority of the time I felt like emulating one of those Roman citizens who would actually fake their death in order to leave one of Emperor Nero's acting or musical performances.
                                Don't ask how many times I had to watch the "Notebook!"

Comment