Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Harvey Weinstein: Another Good Liberal...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harvey Weinstein: Another Good Liberal...

No kidding!

Decades of Sexual Harassment Accusations Against Harvey Weinstein

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/05/u...legations.html
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Oh, wow, did you hear the late-night comics skewer Weinstein? They roasted him!

Or they would have if they had an ounce of integrity. In reality, they ignored it.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-hollywo...sment-scandal/
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Weinstein is now blaming it on a right wing conspiracy. like someone on twitter said, he's using all the usual progressive excuses when caught in a scandal, all at the same time.

"As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
        Weinstein is now blaming it on a right wing conspiracy. like someone on twitter said, he's using all the usual progressive excuses when caught in a scandal, all at the same time.

Putin made him do it
        I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
          No kidding!

Tim Murphy: Another hypocritical moralizing conservative.
          No kidding!
          http://time.com/4968559/tim-murphy-p...iend-abortion/

You see, we can all post stupid stuff like this seer, there is plenty of hypocrisy to go around on both sides. Mostly on the conservative side though.

Comment

Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
            No kidding!

You see, we can all post stupid stuff like this seer, there is plenty of hypocrisy to go around on both sides. Mostly on the conservative side though.
            The difference is in response. Tim Murphy's political career is over, unless he becomes a Democrat.

Weinstein will probably be given a Hollywood lifetime achievement award once the dust settles.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
              The difference is in response. Tim Murphy's political career is over, unless he becomes a Democrat.

Weinstein will probably be given a Hollywood lifetime achievement award once the dust settles.
              Yeah, I see what you mean, like Trump, who boasts about how he gets away with doing anything he wants to women, grabbing them by the ....., but the hypocritcal conservatives elect him President of the U.S. anyway.

Comment

Yeah, I see what you mean, like Trump, who boasts about how he gets away with doing anything he wants to women, grabbing them by the ....., but the hypocritcal conservatives elect him President of the U.S. anyway.
                Trump was just talk. Weinstein is the real perverted deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                  Trump was just talk. Weinstein is the real perverted deal.
                  So, you knew that Trump was just a big mouthed narcissistic liar, but you voted for him any way? Hows that working out for you?

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                    So, you knew that Trump was just a big mouthed narcissistic liar, but you voted for him any way? Hows that working out for you?
                    Better than voting for a repeat criminal offender, that used her political connections to keep her out prison.
                    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

No kidding!

Except the left, the champions of women's rights, have been sucking up to Weinstein for decades. And like we are hearing his sexual harassment was widely known.
                      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Let's see, a candidate who was guilty of merely "llocker room talk" versus a candidate who actively destroyed the lives of her husband's many sexual-assault victims in order to protect her own political career. Gee, tough choice...

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                          No kidding!

'Casting couch' is standard in Hollywood.

Only interesting thing is this young actress, also naive!!!:

Two decades ago, the Hollywood producer Harvey Weinstein invited Ashley Judd to the Peninsula Beverly Hills hotel for what the young actress expected to be a business breakfast meeting. Instead, he had her sent up to his room, where he appeared in a bathrobe and asked if he could give her a massage or she could watch him shower, she recalled in an interview.

Then big surprise, non-actresses also get same treatment:

In 2014, Mr. Weinstein invited Emily Nestor, who had worked just one day as a temporary employee, to the same hotel and made another offer: If she accepted his sexual advances, he would boost her career, according to accounts she provided to colleagues who sent them to Weinstein Company executives. The following year, once again at the Peninsula, a female assistant said Mr. Weinstein badgered her into giving him a massage while he was naked, leaving her “crying and very distraught,” wrote a colleague, Lauren O’Connor, in a searing memo asserting sexual harassment and other misconduct by their boss.

I am a 28 year old woman trying to make a living and a career. Harvey Weinstein is a 64 year old, world famous man and this is his company. The balance of power is me: 0, Harvey Weinstein: 10.

I am a professional and have tried to be professional. I am not treated that way however. I am sexualized and diminished.

Sad!
                          Last edited by demi-conservative; 10-07-2017, 08:25 AM.
                          Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

Yeah, I see what you mean, like Trump
                            Fake News of rape claims against Trump went away when not effective, instead we get 'Russia Russia Russia!!!'

Sad!

Comment

From NYT article:

“There is a toxic environment for women at this company,” Ms. O’Connor said in the letter, addressed to several executives at the company run by Mr. Weinstein.

An investigation by The New York Times found previously undisclosed allegations against Mr. Weinstein stretching over nearly three decades,
                              He employed Malia Obama, the oldest daughter of former President Barack Obama, as an intern this year

Comment