Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Harvey Weinstein: Another Good Liberal...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yeah they HELPED write the IGLA's rules dumbass.

"NAMBLA has been a member of the International Lesbian and Gay
    Association for 10 years. We've been continuously active in ILGA longer
    than any other US organization. NAMBLA delegates to ILGA helped write
    ILGA's constitution, its official positions on the sexual rights of
    youth, and its stands against sexual coercion and corporal punishment."

https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=...w/7O6Pxq81jkUJ

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      I have, repeatedly. You're a terrible student. You come to class with such and extreme bias that you are, quite honestly, unteachable.

This is a false allegation you have yet to prove. While proof of your anti-Christian bias is all over this board, you can't find a single instance of homophobic behavior on my part. You have to imagine and manufacture it.

I lay out the facts, primarily from ILGA's own website, and you come up with goofy theories that just don't stand up to scrutiny.

Again, you indict gays and lesbians as really stupid people:
      • You seem to think they are so incompetent that they were incapable of building an organization with simple checks and balances.
      • You imply that they're too stupid to know what NAMBLA stood for, and just totally took NAMBLA at their word with ZERO due diligence.
      • You didn't correct JimL's idiotic "they might not have known was a 'boy' was" defense, so, until told otherwise, I'll assume you ascribe to that theory as well. Care to weigh in on that?
      • You imply that they were too stupid to know that they had pedophile perverts in their ranks, even cooperating with them in forming their constitution. They only expelled the pedophile groups (plural) when it became politically expedient for them to do so. That's the record.

I have very clearly shown that I do NOT believe gays and lesbians are inclined to be less intelligent than the population in general. In fact, I cite a prime example in my own experience that shows not only that I worked very closely in a supervisory capacity with a lesbian, but that I attest she was quite capable, intelligent, resourceful and competent. She often introduced herself, with a bit of irony, as "I'm his work wife".

You can keep falsely accusing me all you want, but you don't have a shred of evidence that I am homophobic in any way. That just simply fits your track record of anti-Christian bias all over this board, and is a substitute for any real reason or logic in the current discussion.

But do continue the spin, it is entertaining.
      Just answer the question: WHY
      Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      yeah they HELPED write the IGLA's rules dumbass.

https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=...w/7O6Pxq81jkUJ
      This is part of NAMBLA's plea to retain membership in ILGA on the eve of it's expulsion from ILGA, dumbass, so of course it is going to claim credit for it's contributions. In reality it contributed no more than any of the c.400 LGBT members of ILGA.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
        Because I care about truth. You don't? You appear only to be concerned with your agenda.

This is part of NAMBLA's plea to retain membership in ILGA on the eve of it's expulsion from ILGA, dumbass so of course it is going to claim credit for it's contributions.
        You mean "its contributions"? So, you're calling them a bunch of liars? And, again, you think they "infiltrated" ILGA because, in your view, gays and lesbians are apparently not very bright, right?

In reality it contributed no more than any of the c.400 LGBT members of ILGA.
        You don't have a clue what they did or did not contribute. There seems to be no dispute anywhere from ILGA that NAMBLA contributed what they claimed to contribute. And there was, apparently, consternation within the ranks of ILGA the whole time NAMBLA (and other pedophile organizations) were partners. That kinda dispels your goofy notion that NAMBLA "infiltrated" ILGA, unbeknownst to ILGA.

Spin on, genius guy!
        Last edited by Cow Poke; 12-18-2017, 08:02 PM.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Because I care about truth. You don't?
          TRUTH!
          You appear only to be concerned with your agenda.
          What "agenda" is that, CP?

You mean "its contributions"? So, you're calling them a bunch of liars? And, again, you think they "infiltrated" ILGA because, in your view, gays and lesbians are apparently not very bright, right?
          None of these assertions reflect what I said, but why would one expect anything else from you.

You don't have a clue what they did or did not contribute. There seems to be no dispute anywhere from ILGA that NAMBLA contributed what they claimed to contribute. And there was, apparently, consternation within the ranks of ILGA the whole time NAMBLA (and other pedophile organizations) were partners.
          Well, whatever they did or did not contribute, their plea to remain under the umbrella of ILGA fell on deaf ears because NAMBLA and the twowere expelled.

That kinda dispels your goofy notion that NAMBLA "infiltrated" ILGA, unbeknownst to ILGA.
          Spin on, genius guy!
          "Projection" is your middle name.

Comment

This is part of NAMBLA's plea to retain membership in ILGA on the eve of it's expulsion from ILGA, dumbass, so of course it is going to claim credit for it's contributions. In reality it contributed no more than any of the c.400 LGBT members of ILGA.
            Actually, according to GLAA's own website (you realize, of course, that's not a "evangelical Christian site", right?) the relationship between the gay community and NAMBLA was more cozy than you'd ever be willing to admit. And, they also support the notion that it was pressure from the outside (surprisingly enough, the Clinton Administration) that prompted their reconsideration of their alliance with NAMBLA:

The current controversy over the membership of the North American Man/Boy Love Association (NAMBLA) in the International Lesbian and Gay Association (ILGA) raises in sharp relief the question of what boundaries, if any, should be drawn around the Gay and Lesbian civil rights movement. The predicament is prompted by the Clinton Administration's threat to seek the revocation of ILGA's consultative status in the United Nations Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) if ILGA does not oust NAMBLA at ILGA's 16th World Conference in New York next June. ILGA's leadership has stated its intention to seek NAMBLA's ouster, which under ILGA voting rules requires an 80% supermajority.

And this was written at the time of the controversy, and not by some outsider:

[Note: This article was originally published in early 1994 in several gay newspapers, including The Washington Blade, Southern Voice (Atlanta), and The Lesbian and Gay News-Telegraph (Missouri). Richard J. Rosendall represented the Gay and Lesbian Association of Choruses at the 15th ILGA World Conference in Barcelona in July, 1993. He represented both GALA Choruses and the Gay and Lesbian Activists Alliance of Washington, DC at the 16th ILGA World Conference in New York City in June/July, 1994...

So, note that this is not NAMBLA crying about being ousted, but a representative of the gay and lesbian groups making the case that "it's time" for NAMBLA to be ousted.

So, did NAMBLA "infiltrate" ILGA as you so ignorantly profess?

Tests of character seldom accommodate themselves to our schedule. In the case of NAMBLA, not to decide is to decide. By canceling the membership of NAMBLA and other pedophile organizations, ILGA would not be denying anyone's right of self-expression but exercising its own. It is time to tell NAMBLA and its kin to express their views elsewhere, without the benefit of ILGA's assistance or its name.

So, throughout their membership in ILGA, NAMBLA was "expressing their views" "with the benefit of ILGA's assistance and name". Were it not so, then there wouldn't be this effort to convince the ILGA membership that "it is time to tell NAMBLA and its kin" to go elsewhere.

And, what was it that prompted this, according to GLAA's own website? It was - as we have stated - outside pressure.

NAMBLA, of course, protested...

In a press release quoted in the December 17, 1993 issue of Baltimore Gay Paper, NAMBLA states, "It is our hope that the ILGA membership will not support the secretariat's abject surrender of its basic values in order to hold on to what would then become a meaningless symbol of their own self-importance."

NAMBLA is making the case that ILGA is caving to outside pressure. That, of course, elicits the response from Rosendall to rally the troops to make a change in ILGA's alliance with NAMBLA:

ILGA members should ask themselves precisely which basic values are surrendered by refusing to associate with pederasts. Those who consider ILGA's breakthrough toward visibility and participation in the U.N. "a meaningless symbol of their own self-importance" clearly do not comprehend the magnitude of ILGA's opportunity to advance the cause of Gay and Lesbian civil rights in the world.

He's clearly making the case that NAMBLA needs to be voted off the island if ILGA is going to be able to do their own thing. This is called "political expediency", not conviction.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Hmmmmm.... dishonest spin, huh?

How bout here...

Originally posted by Tassman View Post
              In short, NAMBLA infiltrated ILGA before it had sufficient vetting procedures in place.
              and here

Yes, three pedophile groups infiltrated ILGA.
              and here

...ILGA never endorsed pedophilia and expelled the three pedophile organisations that had infiltrated its ranks...
              Is it now your position that NAMBLA "infiltrated" ILGA WITH their knowledge?

Infiltrate: enter or gain access to (an organization, place, etc.) surreptitiously and gradually, especially in order to acquire secret information.

YOUR words, Tassy.

But I accept your apology for falsely accusing me of dishonesty and spin, Tassy. It seems to be a huge character fault of yours. I'll attribute it to profound ignorance on your part, not malice.

Comment

Actually, according to GLAA's own website (you realize, of course, that's not a "evangelical Christian site", right?) the relationship between the gay community and NAMBLA was more cozy than you'd ever be willing to admit. And, they also support the notion that it was pressure from the outside (surprisingly enough, the Clinton Administration) that prompted their reconsideration of their alliance with NAMBLA:

The current controversy over the membership of the North American Man/Boy Love Association (NAMBLA) in the International Lesbian and Gay Association (ILGA) raises in sharp relief the question of what boundaries, if any, should be drawn around the Gay and Lesbian civil rights movement. The predicament is prompted by the Clinton Administration's threat to seek the revocation of ILGA's consultative status in the United Nations Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) if ILGA does not oust NAMBLA at ILGA's 16th World Conference in New York next June. ILGA's leadership has stated its intention to seek NAMBLA's ouster, which under ILGA voting rules requires an 80% supermajority.

And this was written at the time of the controversy, and not by some outsider:

[Note: This article was originally published in early 1994 in several gay newspapers, including The Washington Blade, Southern Voice (Atlanta), and The Lesbian and Gay News-Telegraph (Missouri). Richard J. Rosendall represented the Gay and Lesbian Association of Choruses at the 15th ILGA World Conference in Barcelona in July, 1993. He represented both GALA Choruses and the Gay and Lesbian Activists Alliance of Washington, DC at the 16th ILGA World Conference in New York City in June/July, 1994...

So, note that this is not NAMBLA crying about being ousted, but a representative of the gay and lesbian groups making the case that "it's time" for NAMBLA to be ousted.

So, did NAMBLA "infiltrate" ILGA as you so ignorantly profess?

Tests of character seldom accommodate themselves to our schedule. In the case of NAMBLA, not to decide is to decide. By canceling the membership of NAMBLA and other pedophile organizations, ILGA would not be denying anyone's right of self-expression but exercising its own. It is time to tell NAMBLA and its kin to express their views elsewhere, without the benefit of ILGA's assistance or its name.

So, throughout their membership in ILGA, NAMBLA was "expressing their views" "with the benefit of ILGA's assistance and name". Were it not so, then there wouldn't be this effort to convince the ILGA membership that "it is time to tell NAMBLA and its kin" to go elsewhere.

And, what was it that prompted this, according to GLAA's own website? It was - as we have stated - outside pressure.

NAMBLA, of course, protested...

In a press release quoted in the December 17, 1993 issue of Baltimore Gay Paper, NAMBLA states, "It is our hope that the ILGA membership will not support the secretariat's abject surrender of its basic values in order to hold on to what would then become a meaningless symbol of their own self-importance."

NAMBLA is making the case that ILGA is caving to outside pressure. That, of course, elicits the response from Rosendall to rally the troops to make a change in ILGA's alliance with NAMBLA:

ILGA members should ask themselves precisely which basic values are surrendered by refusing to associate with pederasts. Those who consider ILGA's breakthrough toward visibility and participation in the U.N. "a meaningless symbol of their own self-importance" clearly do not comprehend the magnitude of ILGA's opportunity to advance the cause of Gay and Lesbian civil rights in the world.

He's clearly making the case that NAMBLA needs to be voted off the island if ILGA is going to be able to do their own thing. This is called "political expediency", not conviction.
                Links?

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                Hmmmmm.... dishonest spin, huh?

How bout here...

and here

and here

Is it now your position that NAMBLA "infiltrated" ILGA WITH their knowledge?

Infiltrate: enter or gain access to (an organization, place, etc.) surreptitiously and gradually, especially in order to acquire secret information.

YOUR words, Tassy.

But I accept your apology for falsely accusing me of dishonesty and spin, Tassy. It seems to be a huge character fault of yours. I'll attribute it to profound ignorance on your part, not malice.
                Last edited by Tassman; 12-18-2017, 10:56 PM.

Comment

Links?
                  Sure, since I seem to be doing all your work for you....

http://www.glaa.org/archive/1994/nam...ofbounds.shtml

Comment

Sure, since I seem to be doing all your work for you....

http://www.glaa.org/archive/1994/nam...ofbounds.shtml

Comment

Links?
                      For cryin' out loud, Tassy - I provided them! Calm yourself.

I figured you'd try to weasel your way out by citing only that part! How do you think somebody "infiltrates" ya big goof?

So, like I asked, you think NABLA "infiltrated" ILGA with ILGA KNOWING they did? Sheeeeessh!

Comment

As I said, written by a member of NAMBLA promoting it's own cause.
                        Um --- "Richard J. Rosendall represented the Gay and Lesbian Association of Choruses at the 15th ILGA World Conference in Barcelona in July, 1993. He represented both GALA Choruses and the Gay and Lesbian Activists Alliance of Washington, DC at the 16th ILGA World Conference in New York City in June/July, 1994."

Are you suggesting that Rosendall represented these gay and lesbian groups AND NAMBLA - like... they were one and the same?

Tassy, honey, you gots lots of splainin to do!

Comment

Um --- "Richard J. Rosendall represented the Gay and Lesbian Association of Choruses at the 15th ILGA World Conference in Barcelona in July, 1993. He represented both GALA Choruses and the Gay and Lesbian Activists Alliance of Washington, DC at the 16th ILGA World Conference in New York City in June/July, 1994."
                          https://www.huffingtonpost.com/autho...rd-j-rosendall
                          Are you suggesting that Rosendall represented these gay and lesbian groups AND NAMBLA - like... they were one and the same?
                          YOU

Comment

• Yes, I looked up his bio myself, and it's also at the end of the material I cited. Apparently, you closed your eyes to what I posted, then requested the link so you could ignore the source, too!

Actually, you need to read the article, Tassy. He said "Fairness obliges us first to consider NAMBLA's own words", and he presents them, then he continues his article, coming to this conclusion...

Tests of character seldom accommodate themselves to our schedule. In the case of NAMBLA, not to decide is to decide. By canceling the membership of NAMBLA and other pedophile organizations, ILGA would not be denying anyone's right of self-expression but exercising its own.
                            It is time to tell NAMBLA and its kin to express their views elsewhere, without the benefit of ILGA's assistance or its name.

Do ya get that, Tassy? NAMBLA had been a part of ILGA all that time, but there came a point where Rosendall declared it was time to end it. NAMBLA HAD been enjoying "the benefit of ILGA's assistance", but there came a time when that had to end, and it all had to do with the outside pressure, as I have proven time and time again, using gay and lesbian websites and citations.

Interesting that you find him to be such an admirable man!
                            Interesting that you want to tarnish him by accusing him of defending NAMBLA, when he was calling for their ouster, and had been instructed by the gay and lesbian organizations he represented to VOTE FOR EXPULSION.

ALSO from GLAA - you know, a GAY LESBIAN site...

Reply To: Rick Rosendall

Dear Editor:

Reed Irvine of Accuracy in Media ("Dissing the 'Dish' about pedophilia," Letters, Dec. 28) defends the work on pedophilia done by Dr. Timothy Dailey of the Family Research Council, and questions the motives of International Lesbian and Gay Association delegates who voted in 1994 to expel NAMBLA and other pedophile groups.

I was there as a delegate at the ILGA World Conference in New York City in 1994, as Mr. Irvine was not, when we voted to expel the pedophile groups. There was a small minority defending the North American Man Boy Love Association (NAMBLA), but they were defeated by an 89 percent majority after a debate that featured impassioned calls for the protection of children and youth from exploitation...

NAMBLA HAD BEEN a very active partner with ILGA, but there came a time where Rosendall declared "it's time they go".

I'm not citing stuff from the right, or from Christians or even evangelical Christians, Tassy - my cites come from the GAY AND LESBIAN community, and they back up exactly what I'm claiming.

Now, do what you do best...
                            • pitch a fit
                            • make false accusations disparaging my honesty
                            • get really confused on the issues and shoot yourself in the foot
                            • come up with goofy theories you cannot support
                            • declare that NAMBLA "infiltrated" ILGA, then get mad because you somehow think this wasn't done without ILGA's knowledge
                            • demand links so you can better ignore them
                            • come up with diversions challenging my motives, cause you can't deal with the truth I post
                            • repeat

Cause, obvioulsy, that's all ya got!

Comment

Please prove that the quote is actually a lie and that Nambla did not help write IGLA's constitution and was the oldest US member. The ball is in your court to support your claim. I supported mine.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                                Please prove that the quote is actually a lie and that Nambla did not help write IGLA's constitution and was the oldest US member. The ball is in your court to support your claim. I supported mine.
                                The point is that, as we all know, you people are homophobes, you believe LGBT people to be evil people, it's your religious belief, and so you are doing your damndest to malign them. Who cares what happened decades ago concerning NAMBLA and ILGA? Well of course you care, because you get to use that to disparage those ungodly evil homosexuals.

Comment