Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Cam Newton: Make The Black Man Grovel:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Psychic Missile View Post
    I miss the days when people didn't get their panties in a bunch over someone apologizing for a bad joke.
    It is not the apology PM, it is that he was forced into it, he was losing contracts and the media was turning him into a monster - all for a stupid joke.
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by RumTumTugger View Post
      at least the women know when to stop and ask for directions.
      that is sexist!!! you need to apologize to all of us men!

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        that is sexist!!! you need to apologize to all of us men!

Comment

Well, we are waiting - start groveling...
          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

at least the women know when to stop and ask for directions.
            Wife: "Why are you driving so fast? You know you're lost."
            Husband: "I don't care, we're making great time!"
            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

I miss the days when people didn't get their panties in a bunch over someone apologizing for a bad joke.
              He only apologized because everyone was getting the vapors over it. I don't think he had anything to apologize for.
              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                Wife: "Why are you driving so fast? You know you're lost."
                Husband: "I don't care, we're making great time!"
                You are a traitor to the bro-hood!

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                  he was making a joke about women being unable to read maps (routes)
                  I don't think the dude is that smart and cognizant to make a joke like that. He was talking about females just not playing football and most of them uninterested in the sport to be talking about actual receiver routes. Where's your source that he was actually being that elaborate with the joke?
                  Last edited by seanD; 10-07-2017, 03:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                    It is not the apology PM, it is that he was forced into it, he was losing contracts and the media was turning him into a monster - all for a stupid joke.
                    Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                    He only apologized because everyone was getting the vapors over it. I don't think he had anything to apologize for.
                    There's a time and a place. Anyone who doesn't know the appropriate venue to make jokes about stereotypes, regardless of if they are sexist or not, is bound to run into trouble. There are plenty of comedians who specialize in potentially offensive jokes. They don't get into this kind of trouble. There are plenty of people who are clearly sexist who make patently offensive jokes. They don't get into this kind of trouble. Tact is important when it comes to public relations, and anyone who doesn't appreciate that will eventually lose contracts and be turned on by the media. He apologized and isn't making this about principles. I would expect his supporters to follow his lead rather than start a fight he clearly doesn't want.

Comment

When I worked in retail, one of the stores I worked at had almost entirely male customers. I had a lot of them make comments to me about how odd it was to be helped by a female employee who actually knew the products they asked about. It didn't offend me at all, because the thing is, it actually is odd to be helped by a woman in that store. I had one of them come in with his wife one day, and he made the comment, only to call me a few hours after he left because his wife told him that was a rude thing to say and he needed to apologize to me. I told him I was fine with the comment and heard it a million times a day.

For the record, I couldn't care less about football and have no idea what a "route" is in that context. Seriously, it's at the very bottom of my Care Meter, just below Barney the Dinosaur.
                      Curiosity never hurt anyone. It was stupidity that killed the cat.

Comment

There's a time and a place...
                        Which is what we've been telling you lot about the anthem protests...
                        That's what
                        - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                        - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                        - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                          Which is what we've been telling you lot about the anthem protests...
                          There's a huge difference between telling a bad joke and bringing attention to a good cause. There's a huge difference between telling a bad joke in the middle of an interview with someone who could easily take offense and bringing attention to a cause in the most inoffensive way possible that you arrived at after consultation with a person likely to be offended.

Comment

There's a huge difference between telling a bad joke and bringing attention to a good cause.
                            No there isn't. Not from a Freedom of Speech perspective.

There's a huge difference between telling a bad joke in the middle of an interview with someone who could easily take offense and bringing attention to a cause in the most inoffensive way possible that you arrived at after consultation with a person likely to be offended.
                            No there isn't. That you think free speech is different shows you have no clue what true freedom means.
                            That's what
                            - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                            - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                            - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                              Well, we are waiting - start groveling...
                              you are going to be waiting a long time. I won't apologize for the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                                No there isn't. Not from a Freedom of Speech perspective.
                                There is from a company and public reaction perspective, which is what this thread is whining about.

No there isn't. That you think free speech is different shows you have no clue what true freedom means.
                                This is not a free speech issue. The government didn't prevent anyone from saying anything.

Comment