Announcement

Collapse

Amphitheater Guidelines

In the Amphitheater we sit back and share a good song, offer a movie review, discuss sports, or anything in entertainment and family enjoyment.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: here
Steam Group: here

Thanks!
See more
See less

Dark Souls 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dark Souls 2

So...any other masochists here?
    I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Prepare to die
    "Kahahaha! Let's get lunatic!"-Add LP
    "And the Devil did grin, for his darling sin is pride that apes humility"-Samuel Taylor Coleridge
    Oh ye of little fiber. Do you not know what I've done for you? You will obey. ~Cerealman for Prez.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerealman View Post
      Prepare to die
      Did you play either Demons Souls or Dark Souls 1? What did you think about them?

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
        Did you play either Demons Souls or Dark Souls 1? What did you think about them?
        I played Dark souls but never Demon Souls, but I know both are pretty frustrating games.
        "Kahahaha! Let's get lunatic!"-Add LP
        "And the Devil did grin, for his darling sin is pride that apes humility"-Samuel Taylor Coleridge
        Oh ye of little fiber. Do you not know what I've done for you? You will obey. ~Cerealman for Prez.

Comment

The only super difficult games I've played are the Mega Man Zero games.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerealman View Post
            I played Dark souls but never Demon Souls, but I know both are pretty frustrating games.

You should play Demons Souls. I like (hate) it just as much as Dark Souls, if not more so.

Comment

I might just buy Dark Souls for Xbox 360. I've been considering buying Dark Souls II too, but I think I'll wait for the PC version to come out and decide whether I'll buy the console version or the PC version after reading the reviews for the PC version.

I'm not going to buy Demon Souls though, as I've no desire to buy a PS3/PS4 just to be able to play one game.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrawnus View Post
                I might just buy Dark Souls for Xbox 360. I've been considering buying Dark Souls II too, but I think I'll wait for the PC version to come out and decide whether I'll buy the console version or the PC version after reading the reviews for the PC version.

I'm not going to buy Demon Souls though, as I've no desire to buy a PS3/PS4 just to be able to play one game.
                Understandable.

May I make a couple suggestions? Don't start the game as a deprived*. I did for DS 2, and regretted it basicallly instantly (though I didn't want to restart the game). I've since leveled up and overcome the initial, and somewhat significant, difficulty spike, but it was kind of a bummer.

Your shield is your best friend. Learn how to cower in fear behind your shield as you round each and every corner, and you'll probably die less. Also, Endurance is probably the most important stat; levelling up your hitpoints is overrated.

*This basically means that you start with the lowest possible stats and no equipment. At all. It took me a couple hours just to level up to the same point that I would have been at the very beginning if I'd started out with any other class.

Comment

What, I was busy playing Super Meat Boy and FTL, with the occasional foray into Bit.Trip.Runner and La Mulana, with some Super Hexagon and VVVVVV when I'm not feeling particularly challenged. Your hard game is nice though. Guess I just like music over atmosphere at this point.

Comment

Understandable.

May I make a couple suggestions? Don't start the game as a deprived*. I did for DS 2, and regretted it basicallly instantly (though I didn't want to restart the game). I've since leveled up and overcome the initial, and somewhat significant, difficulty spike, but it was kind of a bummer.

Your shield is your best friend. Learn how to cower in fear behind your shield as you round each and every corner, and you'll probably die less. Also, Endurance is probably the most important stat; levelling up your hitpoints is overrated.

*This basically means that you start with the lowest possible stats and no equipment. At all. It took me a couple hours just to level up to the same point that I would have been at the very beginning if I'd started out with any other class.
                    Thanks for the tips.

Anyway, I've ordered Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition for the Xbox 360. It should be in the mailbox sometimes this week.

Comment

Originally posted by Epoetker View Post
                      What, I was busy playing Super Meat Boy and FTL, with the occasional foray into Bit.Trip.Runner and La Mulana, with some Super Hexagon and VVVVVV when I'm not feeling particularly challenged. Your hard game is nice though. Guess I just like music over atmosphere at this point.
                      Yeah, yeah. Whatever you say.

Comment

Thanks for the tips.

Anyway, I've ordered Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition for the Xbox 360. It should be in the mailbox sometimes this week.
                        Awesome!

Comment

Right, my copy of Dark Souls hasn't arrived yet, but I found an interesting game while browsing Youtube videos called Dragon's Dogma for the Xbox 360/PS3. It looks kind of similar to Dark Souls. So it seems like I'll be checking out that game after I've played through Dark Souls. After that it's time to purchase a decent gaming laptop for Dark Souls 2. I am, after all, mainly a PC gamer.

Comment

Right, my copy of Dark Souls hasn't arrived yet, but I found an interesting game while browsing Youtube videos called Dragon's Dogma for the Xbox 360/PS3. It looks kind of similar to Dark Souls. So it seems like I'll be checking out that game after I've played through Dark Souls. After that it's time to purchase a decent gaming laptop for Dark Souls 2. I am, after all, mainly a PC gamer.
                            I've heard of Dragon's Dogma, but don't remember what I heard. If it's like Dark Souls, than dadgum, count me in!

Comment

I've heard of Dragon's Dogma, but don't remember what I heard. If it's like Dark Souls, than dadgum, count me in!
                              Reading the IGN and GameSpot reviews it seems like this game is kind of a flawed gem.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/05/...s-dogma-review

http://www.gamespot.com/reviews/drag.../1900-6379024/

If what they write in the reviews is true it seems like it has some pretty serious drawbacks, but it still seems interesting enough for me to want to buy it.

Comment