Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

The next liberal outrage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
    But like all politicians, liberal politicians are not the same as the "man in the street" liberals. I think most of them are, as MM said, driven by the desire to control.
    I think that might be a pretty big fault of politicians in general, to be honest.

Comment

People bought into the lie written in The Prince that to succeed you must coerce morals as if they were a woman.
      sigpic

Comment

But like all politicians, liberal politicians are not the same as the "man in the street" liberals. I think most of them are, as MM said, driven by the desire to control.
        I think with liberals it's the opposite, and their politicians are often better people than their constituents.
        "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrift View Post
          That's not how they think though. A lot of people under the liberal umbrella sincerely desire the best for all people. While there may be some liberal politician someplace greedily rubbing his hands together and twisting his mustache, most people I know who consider themselves liberal sincerely believe that they need to be the voice for those they deem are unfairly underrepresented, and repressed. They don't see most Muslims as extremists, or religiously intolerant, they sincerely believe that those types of Muslims who desire to come to the West are the type who would like to assimilate, and/or who will mix their culture into the melting pot so that we can all get something out of it. Most people under the liberal banner that I know truly and sincerely have their hearts in the right places. The problem is that they want the love, mercy and forgiveness of Jesus, but without the whole Jesus part. They want the values that Christianity has spread throughout the West without the Christ. They are heavily moved by their heart, but don't stop to lead their heart with their brain. The big issues with a lot of conservatives, though, is that they can often go too far the other way. Many conservatives overrule their heart altogether, in an attempt to save "me" and "mine".
          Good points, all.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I think that might be a pretty big fault of politicians in general, to be honest.
            Which is why I said:
            But like all politicians,
            Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
              I think with liberals it's the opposite, and their politicians are often better people than their constituents.
              No liberals are by and large just deceived into believing that the garbage the extremists come up with will help.
              Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Power seems to open the path for great good or great evil. And sadly, humans often pick the latter. For some stupid reason. Because the best way to keep power is to use it for great good! Or did I just write something that's beyond Clark Kent level of corny....
                If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                  Yeah, Columbus is kind of an Italian-American cultural icon. The Italians are proud of having one of their own having discovered this country. It is ethnic pride. Which is why Columbus Day is so big in New York City. So why aren't the liberals being culturally-sensitive to the Italians?

Besides, I wouldn't want to piss off the mafia. Just sayin.
                  If you haven't noticed Italians are still one of the few groups outside of white people from the South that it is not politically incorrect to make fun of.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                    My best friend married an Italian gal, and I was his best man at the wedding, so I got immersed in Italian Culture in Baltimore for a whole week for the wedding ---- YOWZA!!!!!! Do THEY have an IDENTITY!!!!!
                    And I love their food

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                      If you haven't noticed Italians are still one of the few groups outside of white people from the South that it is not politically incorrect to make fun of.
                      Just don't do it to their face or you might wake up with a horse head in your bed.

Comment

That's not how they think though. A lot of people under the liberal umbrella sincerely desire the best for all people. While there may be some liberal politician someplace greedily rubbing his hands together and twisting his mustache, most people I know who consider themselves liberal sincerely believe that they need to be the voice for those they deem are unfairly underrepresented, and repressed. They don't see most Muslims as extremists, or religiously intolerant, they sincerely believe that those types of Muslims who desire to come to the West are the type who would like to assimilate, and/or who will mix their culture into the melting pot so that we can all get something out of it. Most people under the liberal banner that I know truly and sincerely have their hearts in the right places. The problem is that they want the love, mercy and forgiveness of Jesus, but without the whole Jesus part. They want the values that Christianity has spread throughout the West without the Christ. They are heavily moved by their heart, but don't stop to lead their heart with their brain. The big issues with a lot of conservatives, though, is that they can often go too far the other way. Many conservatives overrule their heart altogether, in an attempt to save "me" and "mine".
                        I used to work for a guy who was very conservative and was absolutely certain that all liberals were evil and hated everything about America. Often after one of his more angry tirades I'd have to bring him back to earth so to speak by reminding him of how often he complained about how liberal his wife and daughter were followed by asking him if he thought they were evil and hated everything about America. He would think for a second and say they weren't evil but rather they were misguided and ill-informed. I would then inevitably ask if it wasn't possible that this might be the case with most liberals and that he should not assume that they were evil. This would calm him down for about a month or so until some news story would set him off on his next tirade.

Comment

I can only speak from my own experience. I don't know about you, but most of my friends and acquaintances are liberal, or would be labeled liberal by most of the people here. I've had some very deep relationships with these people. Even some truly intimate ones. I've spent many many long hours talking with them, debating them, and fellowshipping with them. While, again, there may be some mustache twirling evil liberal who is conniving with his other liberal pals to control the world, in my experience, the average liberal citizen is the type I explained above. They're not looking for control, they sincerely and honestly believe their own rhetoric. I know that may be hard to believe for some people, but it's the God's honest truth.
                          That's what scares me.
                          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Extreme conservatives can be as bad as extreme liberals. Either way, stupid arrogant humans think they should have all the power over other stupid humans! Wait, I'm a human, so I'm calling myself stupid also.... Oh well. All have sinned. Sinning is being a jerk. Being a jerk to God is incredibly stupid. So, all humans are stupid!
                            If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment