Firestorm 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firestorm 2017

Due to lack of interest because of two family emergencies, and to a flood and resulting restoration in my house, I hadn't really tracked the major fires rampaging around California. I will say we're just part of the shocking fire season being endured by the Northwest.

On the news today is a very fast, bad one in the region of Anaheim, CA, past the Cajon over an hour from here.

20171009_152823.jpg
    Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

I'm being told 14 fires started since midnight today. Wouldn't be surprised if a good majority of them were arson or rogue campfires (human neglect IOW).

Comment

Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
      I'm being told 14 fires started since midnight today. Wouldn't be surprised if a good majority of them were arson or rogue campfires (human neglect IOW).
      I have not started any campfires

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Suuuuuuure.

Comment

I didn't do it!

Nobody saw me do it!

You can't prove anything!

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            I have not started any campfires
            Bonfires count.
            "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

I hear Napa Valley had a bad fire....10 deaths reported...but not confirmed.

Comment

I didn't do it!

Nobody saw me do it!

You can't prove anything!
                It was other kids...
                Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                    Bonfires count.
                    As well as incendiary devices, like napalm tests, fire grenades, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
                      As well as incendiary devices, like napalm tests, fire grenades, etc.
                      Walk around with a flamethrower and everyone starts jumping to conclusions

Interestingly with 17 dead one of the stories that the MSM deems to be important about this fire is how it is endangering marijuana farms

Comment

Walk around with a flamethrower and everyone starts jumping to conclusions

Interestingly with 17 dead one of the stories that the MSM deems to be important about this fire is how it is endangering marijuana farms

No wonder the fires are out of control. The firefighters are all high!

Comment

Regardless of the cause or source? of the fires the reason for the fires are the climate of California, and the over development of fire hazard regions of California. In the dry hot windy conditions of this region fires like this are normal, and can be caused by many simple causes such as a reflection off of a aluminum can or discarded broken glass. Discarded burning cigarettes, unattended barbeques are known causes, and than there are the deliberate fire bugs.
                          Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
                          Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
                          But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

If we could only move the hurricanes from the gulf to the west coast both problems would solve themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
                              Regardless of the cause or source? of the fires the reason for the fires are the climate of California, and the over development of fire hazard regions of California. In the dry hot windy conditions of this region fires like this are normal, and can be caused by many simple causes such as a reflection off of a aluminum can or discarded broken glass. Discarded burning cigarettes, unattended barbeques are known causes, and than there are the deliberate fire bugs.
                              Or even lightning or sunlight shining through a dew drop can also cause it. Believe it or not fires can happen naturally. And they can be made much worse by well-meaning laws that forbade clearing of brush in a forest.

Comment