Announcement

Collapse

Amphitheater Guidelines

In the Amphitheater we sit back and share a good song, offer a movie review, discuss sports, or anything in entertainment and family enjoyment.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: here
Steam Group: here

Thanks!
See more
See less

Tonight (Mon. 10/9) on the CW.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tonight (Mon. 10/9) on the CW.

A Supergirl episode prominently featuring her lamenting the absence of Mon-El, followed immediately by the premiere episode of Valor.

I wonder if anyone at the network was nerdy enough to appreciate that juxtaposition.
    Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

uh. no. 'splain.

Comment

Supergirl has basically turned into a few Supergirl B story moments that break the lesbian wedding A storyline. It's turned into Alex and Maggie show. Martian Manhunter is now a "oh by the way" bit character, as is Winn. And now that Lena bought Catco, Jimmy will fade into a 3 or 4 minute cameo. And could they be ANY more blatantly anti-Trump?
      That's what
      - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
      - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
      - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
        Supergirl has basically turned into a few Supergirl B story moments that break the lesbian wedding A storyline. It's turned into Alex and Maggie show. Martian Manhunter is now a "oh by the way" bit character, as is Winn. And now that Lena bought Catco, Jimmy will fade into a 3 or 4 minute cameo. And could they be ANY more blatantly anti-Trump?
        I never really liked the show. It is way too cliche and supergirl/kara is just too much a whiny millennial, an emo wreck. Adding in the lesbian thing is jumping the shark. And the stories are not very good either.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          I never really liked the show. It is way too cliche and supergirl/kara is just too much a whiny millennial, an emo wreck. Adding in the lesbian thing is jumping the shark. And the stories are not very good either.
          The only thing I like is when she crosses over to the Arrowverse...
          That's what
          - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
          - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

I don't care that much for Arrow either - too broody. I do like the Flash though.

Comment

uh. no. 'splain.
              The series are entirely unrelated, but in the comics, in one of DCs many continuity reboots, Mon-El used "Valor" as his superhero identity.
              Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Comment

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
                The series are entirely unrelated, but in the comics, in one of DCs many continuity reboots, Mon-El used "Valor" as his superhero identity.
                I guess that is after my comic book days in the 60's and 70's. Then he was just the leader of the Legion of Superheroes in the future in Superboy comics who ran around in a pink suit.

908189.jpg
                Last edited by Sparko; 10-10-2017, 11:29 AM.

Comment

I guess that is after my comic book days in the 60's and 70's. Then he was just the leader of the Legion of Superheroes in the future in Superboy comics who ran around in a pink suit.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]24381[/ATTACH]
                  Ditto. LSH was one of my faves. I quit buying regularly in the late '80s. I still occasionally buy a random handful of comics, or check in at "wiki" type sites, or even (cringe) buy a comics encyclopedia. That's how I learned about the "Valor" thing.

ETA: I have a decent collection of LSH from that era, and I don't recognize that one. Hmm.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

Comment

Wow. I feel like I need a translator! Or maybe a decoder ring.
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I wish they'd do some kind of "Crisis on the CW" and meld the universes.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

Comment

I've been a big MM fan since the way Bruce Timm rendered the character in the Justice League Animated Series. I never like to see him downplayed.

There seems to be a pretty strong gaygenda to the DC/CW shows. Alex and Maggie on Supergirl, Sara Lance on Legends, Mr Terrific on Arrow. (And speaking of him, I thought in addition to being a genius, he was supposed to be an Olympic-level decathlete in the comics. I haven't noticed any of that on Arrow.) I guess Flash is the exception, for now. I'm sure they'll find some way to gay up some major character.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

Comment

I've been a big MM fan since the way Bruce Timm rendered the character in the Justice League Animated Series. I never like to see him downplayed.

There seems to be a pretty strong gaygenda to the DC/CW shows. Alex and Maggie on Supergirl, Sara Lance on Legends, Mr Terrific on Arrow. (And speaking of him, I thought in addition to being a genius, he was supposed to be an Olympic-level decathlete in the comics. I haven't noticed any of that on Arrow.) I guess Flash is the exception, for now. I'm sure they'll find some way to gay up some major character.
                          The Police Chief is gay in Flash
                          That's what
                          - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

The Police Chief is gay in Flash
                            But he isn't a major character.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I wish they'd do some kind of "Crisis on the CW" and meld the universes.
                              I think because if she and superman were in the same universe it would be too easy to have them save the day.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X