Announcement

Collapse

Amphitheater Guidelines

In the Amphitheater we sit back and share a good song, offer a movie review, discuss sports, or anything in entertainment and family enjoyment.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: here
Steam Group: here

Thanks!
See more
See less

Tonight (Mon. 10/9) on the CW.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
    I've been a big MM fan since the way Bruce Timm rendered the character in the Justice League Animated Series. I never like to see him downplayed.

There seems to be a pretty strong gaygenda to the DC/CW shows. Alex and Maggie on Supergirl, Sara Lance on Legends, Mr Terrific on Arrow. (And speaking of him, I thought in addition to being a genius, he was supposed to be an Olympic-level decathlete in the comics. I haven't noticed any of that on Arrow.) I guess Flash is the exception, for now. I'm sure they'll find some way to gay up some major character.
    That show was really good. Not enough shows like that any more. Last one I saw along those lines was Young Justice. Unfortunately garbage like Teen Titans Go! is everywhere now. There are only like 3-4 cartoons out there right now that I can think of that are decent. What little I saw of Justice League Action was cool, but the animation wasn't that good. I mean, the art style was okay, but all of the movement was really jerky. Looked like they put in half of the normal frames per second.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
      That show was really good. Not enough shows like that any more. Last one I saw along those lines was Young Justice. Unfortunately garbage like Teen Titans Go! is everywhere now. There are only like 3-4 cartoons out there right now that I can think of that are decent. What little I saw of Justice League Action was cool, but the animation wasn't that good. I mean, the art style was okay, but all of the movement was really jerky. Looked like they put in half of the normal frames per second.
      The last superhero cartoon I watched was the X-men.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        The last superhero cartoon I watched was the X-men.

That was a classic.

Edit. There was a Legion of Superheroes one that was pretty good a while back. It was on Kids WB/CW for Kids.

Comment

That was a classic.

Edit. There was a Legion of Superheroes one that was pretty good a while back. It was on Kids WB/CW for Kids.
          I now have the X-men theme stuck in my head.

Comment

That show was really good. Not enough shows like that any more. Last one I saw along those lines was Young Justice.
            That was an excellent show. Never should have been dropped so soon. I think they're going to try bringing it back in 2018.

Unfortunately garbage like Teen Titans Go! is everywhere now.
            Craptastic. But the prior Bruce Timm version wasn't bad.

There are only like 3-4 cartoons out there right now that I can think of that are decent. What little I saw of Justice League Action was cool, but the animation wasn't that good. I mean, the art style was okay, but all of the movement was really jerky. Looked like they put in half of the normal frames per second.
            That was a classic.

Yeah, that one was ok.
            Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

That was an excellent show. Never should have been dropped so soon. I think they're going to try bringing it back in 2018.

Craptastic. But the prior Bruce Timm version wasn't bad.

Yeah, that one was ok.
              Yeah, the original Teen Titans was great, but Teen Titans Go! is just garbage. Apparently it started off as a sort of parody of the original show only intended for commercial like breaks. I really miss stuff like Batman Beyond, Static Shock, The Zeta Project, and Justice League Unlimited. Right now the only cartoon I really watch much is the new DuckTales. Although the new TMNT on Nickelodeon isn't bad.

Comment

Yeah, the original Teen Titans was great, but Teen Titans Go! is just garbage. Apparently it started off as a sort of parody of the original show only intended for commercial like breaks. I really miss stuff like Batman Beyond, Static Shock, The Zeta Project, and Justice League Unlimited. Right now the only cartoon I really watch much is the new DuckTales. Although the new TMNT on Nickelodeon isn't bad.
                Only caught Static Shock a few times, by accident. Loved Batman Beyond, liked Zeta Project and JLU.

I used to watch the original TMNT with a lady friend from church and her kid. That was one of those animated shows where the pilot and first few "regular" eps were of noticeably higher quality (art, animation, dialogue, everything) than most of the rest of the series. I noticed that about the old Gargoyles series also.
                Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Only caught Static Shock a few times, by accident. Loved Batman Beyond, liked Zeta Project and JLU.
                  Static Shock actually had crossover episodes with Batman the Animated Series, Superman the Animated Series, and Batman Beyond. Like the Zeta Project I think they cancelled it way too early. Although I really disliked the change they did to the theme song.

I used to watch the original TMNT with a lady friend from church and her kid. That was one of those animated shows where the pilot and first few "regular" eps were of noticeably higher quality (art, animation, dialogue, everything) than most of the rest of the series. I noticed that about the old Gargoyles series also.
                  The TMNT from the 80's was my favorite cartoon for a LONG time, but now that I'm older I notice many of the flaws* it had. I still like it, but man did they do some dumb stuff at times. I haven't seen Gargoyles in forever, but I seem to remember some of the later episodes having very good quality animation. I'm thinking it fluctuated as far as quality. I'm thinking they went all out for the first few, and then realized they didn't have to work as hard to keep an audience. TMNT eventually got way better animation near the end of the series. I think that was around the time Michelangelo stopped using nunchucks.

*Having the wrong voice for the turtle "speaking", having the wrong color mask on various turtles. Then there was Splinter yelling "Hi Sacajawea!" while performing an attack on Leonardo to show them they had gotten soft without their regular training.

Comment

Static Shock actually had crossover episodes with Batman the Animated Series, Superman the Animated Series, and Batman Beyond. Like the Zeta Project I think they cancelled it way too early. Although I really disliked the change they did to the theme song.

The TMNT from the 80's was my favorite cartoon for a LONG time, but now that I'm older I notice many of the flaws* it had. I still like it, but man did they do some dumb stuff at times. I haven't seen Gargoyles in forever, but I seem to remember some of the later episodes having very good quality animation. I'm thinking it fluctuated as far as quality. I'm thinking they went all out for the first few, and then realized they didn't have to work as hard to keep an audience. TMNT eventually got way better animation near the end of the series. I think that was around the time Michelangelo stopped using nunchucks.

*Having the wrong voice for the turtle "speaking", having the wrong color mask on various turtles. Then there was Splinter yelling "Hi Sacajawea!" while performing an attack on Leonardo to show them they had gotten soft without their regular training.
                    Not as bad as the old 60s version of Spider-Man where they constantly reused bits from other episodes. This was especially apparent in episodes where he went underground to battle plant critters or molemen. While battling the latter they repeatedly had scenes of him swinging over the former.
                    Last edited by rogue06; 10-19-2017, 12:29 AM.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                      Not as bad as the old 60s version of Spider-Man where they constantly reused bits from other episodes. This was especially apparent in episodes where he went underground to battle plant critters or molemen. While battling the latter they repeatedly had scenes of him swinging over the former.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                        I remember seeing episodes where he 1. Used his webbing to fly away by spinning it like a helicopter, which was strange since they had him swing where there were no buildings nearby before and didn't care, and 2. Use his webbing to perform what looked like a mix between water skiing, and one of those fan boats.

Comment