Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump says he met with the 'president of the Virgin Islands'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Starlight View Post
    I almost started a thread two weeks ago on the subject of "Trump should resign due to his failure to help Puerto Rico". His actions toward PR have gotten sooooo much worse since then. Three weeks after the hurricane, 85% of people there still don't have electricity back, people are dying from drinking unclean water, and Trump is busy threatening to cut aid to them and berating them for damaging his budget and being in debt and his congress is loaning them aid money.

Whereas when Florida was damaged his attitude was:
    “We love the people of Florida,” he said, pledging that he would be back to monitor recovery progress. “We are there for you 100% … These are special, special people.”

I guess the people on PR are not "special, special people" in the mind of loser scum Trump.
    Right, I'm actually of the opinion that Trump's treatment of Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands alone is an impeachable offrense. To protect and serve is his job, and on that front he is certainly, and seemingly purposefully, failing the people of those territories.
    Last edited by JimL; 10-15-2017, 08:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      Old news, Jimmy, that guy has been out of office since January 2017.
      Well of course, so long as its not Obama anything goes with you hypocrites. After criticizing Obama for using his power of executive order, we don't hear a peep from you when it comes to Trump doing the same and he is using it at a pace that will double that of Obama. After criticizing Obama for playing golf on occassion, Trump plays just about every weekend and not a peep from you. You Trump supporters are a joke.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
        Well of course, so long as its not Obama anything goes with you hypocrites. After criticizing Obama for using his power of executive order, we don't hear a peep from you when it comes to Trump doing the same and he is using it at a pace that will double that of Obama. After criticizing Obama for playing golf on occassion, Trump plays just about every weekend and not a peep from you. You Trump supporters are a joke.
        Obama used executive orders to legislate from the white house. Trump is using it to undo obama's unconstitutional orders (like paying money to insurance companies). I don't see how it's even remotely comparable.
        "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

I almost started a thread two weeks ago on the subject of "Trump should resign due to his failure to help Puerto Rico". His actions toward PR have gotten sooooo much worse since then. Three weeks after the hurricane, 85% of people there still don't have electricity back, people are dying from drinking unclean water, and Trump is busy threatening to cut aid to them and berating them for damaging his budget and being in debt and his congress is loaning them aid money.

“We love the people of Florida,” he said, pledging that he would be back to monitor recovery progress. “We are there for you 100% … These are special, special people.”

I guess the people on PR are not "special, special people" in the mind of loser scum Trump.
          pretty much all of this is BS.
          "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
            pretty much all of this is BS.
            Pretty much all of this is BS.

Comment

Pretty much all of this is BS.
              Think[1] of it this way. Right after the hurricane the media started blasting Trump about his supposed inaction in PR, but as the facts emerged most of them have all but dropped it. The same media that went on for nearly a year about the supposed collusion between Trump and Putin in spite of there not being a shred of corroborating evidence. If it was anything like how Starlight describes it they would be relentlessly pounding on him about it 24/7. So unless you think the MSM is now trying to cover up for Trump like they were covering up for Harvey Weinstein for years even you should be just a bit suspicious about Starlight's depiction not being accurate.

1. Right there I may have asked far too much of you.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
                Obama used executive orders to legislate from the white house. Trump is using it to undo obama's unconstitutional orders (like paying money to insurance companies). I don't see how it's even remotely comparable.
                I realize that you don't see, but do the math? If Obama used his executive powers 5 times, Trump, the hypocrite, wouldn't need to use that power 10 times to undo them. Actually Obama only used that power 35 times a year on average. Thats the fewest in 120 years, 30 four year tearms. He totaled 277 executive orders in his 8 years in office, Trump the wannabe dictator is on a pace to double that in one 4 year term.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                  Think[1] of it this way. Right after the hurricane the media started blasting Trump about his supposed inaction in PR, but as the facts emerged most of them have all but dropped it. The same media that went on for nearly a year about the supposed collusion between Trump and Putin in spite of there not being a shred of corroborating evidence. If it was anything like how Starlight describes it they would be relentlessly pounding on him about it 24/7. So unless you think the MSM is now trying to cover up for Trump like they were covering up for Harvey Weinstein for years even you should be just a bit suspicious about Starlight's depiction not being accurate.

1. Right there I may have asked far too much of you.
                  Stop watching the fake news just because it placates you.

Comment

Stop watching the fake news just because it placates you.
                    I was right. I expected far too much from you.

My point was that the MSM has pretty much dropped the whole Trump-is-ignoring-Puerto-Rico shtick that Starlight is trying to push. Considering that their severe case of Trump Derangement Syndrome extremus there really must be nothing there for them to have done so.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I realize that you don't see, but do the math? If Obama used his executive powers 5 times, Trump, the hypocrite, wouldn't need to use that power 10 times to undo them. Actually Obama only used that power 35 times a year on average. Thats the fewest in 120 years, 30 four year tearms. He totaled 277 executive orders in his 8 years in office, Trump the wannabe dictator is on a pace to double that in one 4 year term.
                      It was never how about how often he used it but rather how he used it.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
                        As I had my covfefe this morning I had a laugh. President Trump (not surprisingly) seems unaware who he himself is or perhaps unaware of what he is president for. At least he said he had "met with the president of the Virgin Islands". He himself is the president of president of the Virgin Islands. But it appears he simply did not know.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...nds/763910001/
                        Nothing like a morning covfefe, I say.

Trump has obviously been talking to himself, something that has been described as the first sign of madness. The invocation of the 25th Amendment draws ever nearer.
                        Last edited by Tassman; 10-15-2017, 11:38 PM.
                        “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

"More than six in 10 Americans say that Puerto Rico isn't getting the help they need and a majority says the federal government hasn't been doing enough and the response is too slow, according to a new poll from the Kaiser Family Foundation".

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/10/13/po...oll/index.html

But they are poor "losers" not rich "winners" like Trump and his friends in Florida. That's the difference.
                          Last edited by Tassman; 10-15-2017, 11:39 PM.
                          “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
                            Right, I'm actually of the opinion that Trump's treatment of Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands alone is an impeachable offrense.
                            Yeah, but you think Trump should be impeached if he looks at someone funny.
                            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
                              As I had my covfefe this morning I had a laugh. President Trump (not surprisingly) seems unaware who he himself is or perhaps unaware of what he is president for. At least he said he had "met with the president of the Virgin Islands". He himself is the president of president of the Virgin Islands. But it appears he simply did not know.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...nds/763910001/
                              Can you please link to the thread you started about Obama claiming he visited all 57 states, with 1 left to go, because he wasn't allowed to visit Alaska and Hawaii?

Thanks
                              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

He didn't know, the guy is to stupid ...
                                Jimmy, when you can't even use "to" and "too" correctly, you shouldn't be accusing other people of stupidity.

(come on, Rogue... I'm waiting....)
                                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment