Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: How do we determine whether the Bible is the Word of God?

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    Well, it is written that in the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. Is the bible God? ...or a testimony of One who says that He is a rewarder of them that diligently seek Him? And is this reward a bible and instructions to figure it out for yourself? Hmmm...
    The Word is not the bible.

tWebber
    Faith
    Unorthodox Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    ...nor is the bible the Word. Tis a God breathed testimony of the true Word made flesh in "whom" is revealed the one true "Speaker". Point... without a true knowledge of these one cannot rightly comprehend what is written... which explains the division among the sects. The Spirit makes the many One, not the One many.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Jeff, first of all, welcome to Tweb.

Secondly, please take note that each forum has its own rules for who can post in that forum. Some forums are only open to orthodox Christians, some are open to everybody, and some "Christian" threads restrict unorthodox Christians from posting.

Since your faith designation is "Unorthodox Christian", as defined by Tweb, it would be good for you to check the rules for each forum BEFORE posting or starting a thread.

If you need help with that, or have questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

CP
    Every problem is the result of a previous solution.

tWebber
    Faith
    Unorthodox Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Thx Cow Poke. I keep forgetting that though I know my Lord and am a coworker in Him for His glory alone, many think otherwise. I will pay closer attention to the rules. Please accept my apology.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    Thx Cow Poke. I keep forgetting that though I know my Lord and am a coworker in Him for His glory alone, many think otherwise. I will pay closer attention to the rules. Please accept my apology.
    Not a prob, Jeff - you don't seem like you're here to cause chaos and mayhem.
    Every problem is the result of a previous solution.

6. Amen Jeff, Jedidiah amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Muslim
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Edited by a Moderator

Moderated By: sparko

Hakeem, you are not allowed to post in Ecclesiology. It is for Christians only - This is your official warning. Please watch where you post

***If you wish to take issue with this notice DO NOT do so in this thread.***
    Contact the forum moderator or an administrator in Private Message or email instead. If you feel you must publicly complain or whine, please take it to the Padded Room unless told otherwise.

Last edited by Sparko; 05-03-2019 at 09:51 AM.

Faith
    Reformed Baptist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    The Scriptures are both the written and revealed. Jesus himself was the Word John 1:1 but he also believed in the authority of Scripture as well (Matthew 4:4; Luke 24:44). One does not go against the other.

9. Amen The Remonstrant amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian ( reformed )
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by ReformedApologist View Post
    The Scriptures are both the written and revealed. Jesus himself was the Word John 1:1 but he also believed in the authority of Scripture as well (Matthew 4:4; Luke 24:44). One does not go against the other.
    Yep. And just to piggy-back, when Adam heard God say " you shall not " it was the Word of God. When that history was written down, it was the written Word of God. All scripture is breathed out by the Holy Spirit whether regardless of how you become aware of it.
    “Every promise of Scripture is a writing of God, which may be pleaded before Him with this reasonable request, ‘Do as Thou hast said.’ The Heavenly Father will not break His Word to His own child.”― Charles H. Spurgeon