Announcement

Collapse

Glory Seed Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

These daily devotionals are brought to you by Gary Piper, a writer with our Sister Site, Natural Spirit Ministries. TheologyWeb encourages you to visit and support their site.... they have many informative articles which can be discussed right here. If you enjoy Gary Piper's devotionals, please send him an encouraging note or post. We are very appreciative of our partnership with Natural Spirit Ministries and look forward to many more co-ventures.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Glory Seed Devotional, 2017.10.16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glory Seed Devotional, 2017.10.16

Glory Seed Devotional’s, 2017: Anticipating and Experiencing God...
    Something about you!
    Shalom!

“So God has given both his promise and his oath. These two things are unchangeable because it is impossible for God to lie. Therefore, we who have fled to him for refuge can have great confidence as we hold to the hope that lies before us. This hope is a strong and trustworthy anchor for our souls. It leads us through the curtain into God’s inner sanctuary. Jesus has already gone in there for us. He has become our eternal High Priest in the order of Melchizedek.” (Hebrews 6:18–20, NLT)

I remember in a Bugs Bunny cartoon many, many years ago Bugs was playing the part of a gangster and saying something like, “It’s curtains for you Rocky.” Then a pair of curtains suddenly appeared on Rocky’s shoulders. I don’t know why that has stuck in the back of my memory but it has. And then when I came across the scripture reading for today I think I’ve discovered why I’ve remembered it. Because the writer in chapter 6 of Hebrews is saying, It’s torn curtains for you ___________________________ (your name)!” If you’ll recall from the Easter Story the instant Jesus died the curtain keeping ordinary people like us from entering the Holy of Holies was torn apart giving us access to the Inner Sanctum of God.

When we begin putting the all the pieces of a broken world together it is not very difficult to see how fragile our world is. And when we begin to experience the fragility of the world we can begin to see how fragile we are. Isn’t is reassuring to know, “So God has given both his promise and his oath. These two things are unchangeable because it is impossible for God to lie. Therefore, we who have fled to him for refuge can have great confidence as we hold to the hope that lies before us. This hope is a strong and trustworthy anchor for our souls.”

A heartfelt thank you for all your prayers and support throughout these past few weeks. You truly are a Blessed People!

Crustyism 2017.10.16… My dad always told me to “make hay while the sun shines”, but I say always pray when the sun doesn’t shine because the Son always shines on prayer!

“May God be merciful and bless us. May his face smile with favor on us.” **
    Grace and PEACE,
    Gary
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    Note: Should you want to go back and review this Glory Seed or if you would like to subscribe so you can receive them in your email you can do so by clicking on this link: http://www.gloryseeddevotionals.org.

If you would like inspirational music playing as you read this Glory Seed may I suggest clicking on this link: http://www.abidingradio.org/listen/

“Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright © 1996. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Wheaton, Illinois 60189. All rights reserved.”

**Psalm 67:1, New Living Translation

Amen Gary!!! Another immortal Crustyism in your post!
    3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X