Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Liberals Don't Know SQUAT about MLK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
    In other words, "Its isn't about blaming whitey CP, but whitey is solely to blame."
    LOL. JimL permanently has his head up his rear. I pretty much only read his posts for entertainment purposes nowadays. I don't take anything he says seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      LOL. JimL permanently has his head up his rear. I pretty much only read his posts for entertainment purposes nowadays. I don't take anything he says seriously.
      But Tazzy thinks JimL is "intelligent and insightful".
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        But Tazzy thinks JimL is "intelligent and insightful".
        They both need a disclaimer in their signature block saying something like:

"The information contained on this post is for entertainment purposes only. Any sentences that make any sort of sense at all should not be taken as an actual opinion or advice, it is merely repeating political talking points heard on CNN or other fake news sites, much like a parrot would do. Caution: Do not drink liquids while reading this post. Theologyweb will not be responsible for any ruined keyboards or electronics if you do."

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
          LOL, thats exactly what you did do.
          another idiot who needs to invest in a monitor since the mirror he is using is not working.

Comment

It also has nothing to do with the topic at hand, so why are you bringing it up? Did you just want to show that like you, even MLK could be critical of black people. Whats your point CP?
            quoting MLK to show you who MLK was and what he believed is not the topic of a thread created to do that. You are an idiot. btw CP is the one who started this thread not you.

Keep posting JimL Keep proving how much of a brainwashed fool you are.

Comment

Its isn't about blaming whitey CP, thats just your inner guilt showing itself again. Its about the unjust treatment, and particularly murder, of black men by the police. Are you blaming that on black men, or are you denying that its a fact.
              Sorry JimL you are the one off topic here. This thread is about what MLK believed and said.

Comment

It is EXACTLY the topic at hand, Jimmy. You liberals have dressed MLK up like your own little puppet to march around at your command. He was far more complex than that.

No, Jimmy - I'm showing that MLK was an honest broker in this regard. He specifically was not about "blaming whitey". He knew it was a two-sided problem.
                I believe you are misrepresenting MLK to justify your own agenda. MLK spent his life fighting the "whitey establishment" of the South whom were preventing his dream; "I have a dream that my four children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character." Simply acknowledging that prejudice is a two way street does not address the problems of the "whitey establishment" that enslaved, persecuted, segregated with inequality. and oppressed the blacks in the law enforcement and legal system for more than two hundred years.
                Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
                Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
                But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
                  I believe you are misrepresenting MLK to justify your own agenda.
                  Nope.

MLK spent his life fighting the "whitey establishment" of the South whom were preventing his dream;
                  A very racist way of putting it, but... no surprise. He was fighting for equal rights, and he didn't do it by being stupid.

"I have a dream that my four children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character." Simply acknowledging that prejudice is a two way street
                  EXACTLY!!!!! Maybe there's HOPE for you after all!!!!!!
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Nope.
                    YES!

You failed to respond to the substance of the post.
                    Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
                    Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
                    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

YES!

hypocrisymeter.jpg
                      Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                      sigpic
                      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

YES!

Try posting something of substance to which you'd like me to respond. If possible, with less racism.

Thanks

Comment

Try posting something of substance to which you'd like me to respond. If possible, with less racism.

Thanks
                          With sources!

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                            With sources!
                            But he won't even understand the sources he uses...
                            Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Its about the unjust treatment, and particularly murder, of black men by the police.
                              Is the ideal goal equality of murder, or zero murder?
                              Is it equality of unjust treatment or zero unjust treatment?

Comment

In the NFL thread, some of our more lustrous liberal lunkheads keep comparing the NFL protesters to MLK. I think this just underscores the fact that they don't know SQUAT about who MLK was or what he stood for.

I think, if MLK were alive today, he'd be astonished at some of the tripe that is offered up in his name, or attributed to him.

He didn't just spend all his time "blaming whitey" - he dealt with the hard issues, as in this speech. He made it clear that the reason so many blacks were being arrested in his day is because they were committing so much of the crime.

Let us be honest with ourselves, and say that we, our standards have lagged behind at many points. Negroes constitute ten percent of the population of New York City, and yet they commit thirty-five percent of the crime. St. Louis, Missouri: the Negroes constitute twenty-six percent of the population, and yet seventy-six percent of the persons on the list for aid to dependent children are Negroes. We have eight times more illegitimacy than white persons. We’ve got to face all of these things. We must work to improve these standards. We must sit down quietly by the wayside, and ask ourselves: “Where can we improve?”

I get SO TIRED of the liberals marching MLK out to use as their poster boy for "blame whitey".
                                You seem to be equating "get some things wrong" with "don't know squat." Aren't you being somewhat hyperbolic?
                                Find my speling strange? I'm trying this out: Simplified Speling. Feel free to join me.

"Nature has placed mankind under the governance of two sovereign masters, pain and pleasure. It is for them alone to point out what we ought to do, as well as to determine what we shall do."-Jeremy Bentham

"We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question."-Orson Scott Card

Comment