Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Liberals Don't Know SQUAT about MLK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
    So what?!?!?! That sounds like an old apologetic line from the establishment. I was not responding to you.I was responding to rude insulting accusations of a personal nature.
    Yet it's merely your own statement phrased a little differently.

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
      No, my neighbors on all sides are black and we are friends on a first name basis. The postman John lives across the street. Oh one Hispanic family lives behind me.
      And you haven't apologized to them for enslaving their ancestors? What kind of liberal ARE you?

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        I used his actual quotes, Jimmy, not some perverted assumptions about him.
        Of course you used his own words, you desperately sought out an MLK quote and took it out of context from his entire lifes work in general in order to support your underlying racist mind set. Did you happen to come across any quotes of his in your desperate search wherein he criticizes police brutality against black people, or the people's right and moral responsibility to protest injustice and face the consequences even if they might be breaking the law to do so. Of course you didn't, because that wasn't what you were looking for.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
          Of course you used his own words, you desperately sought out an MLK quote and took it out of context from his entire lifes work in general in order to support your underlying racist mind set. Did you happen to come across any quotes of his in your desperate search wherein he criticizes police brutality against black people, or the people's right and moral responsibility to protest injustice and face the consequences even if they might be breaking the law to do so. Of course you didn't, because that wasn't what you were looking for.

None of that negates the quote that CP used.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

No, Jimmy, I actually read a bunch of his ENTIRE speeches in CONTEXT, instead of filtering out only the stuff one would want to use to defend positions he did not hold.

You are doing exactly the thing you are accusing me of doing.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

No, Jimmy, I actually read a bunch of his ENTIRE speeches in CONTEXT, instead of filtering out only the stuff one would want to use to defend positions they hold.
              LOL, thats exactly what you did do.
              Last edited by JimL; 10-17-2017, 11:40 AM.

Comment

prove it.

Comment

Nope. I just used his own speeches instead of some adulterated made up version of what the liberals want to believe he said and did.

That's what this thread is about, and you and your buddies are proving me correct.

Even his "I have a Dream" speech, you guys omit the part where he proclaims "I have a dream that my four children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character."

Now, in your ignorance, you're going to claim I took that out of context -- but the context is there, and this sentence does nothing to negate or vary from the overall message of his speech.

You can check it out yourself but reading the entire speech, Jimmy -- http://avalon.law.yale.edu/20th_century/mlk01.asp
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I used his actual quotes, Jimmy, not some perverted assumptions about him.
                    It also has nothing to do with the topic at hand, so why are you bringing it up? Did you just want to show that like you, even MLK could be critical of black people. Whats your point CP?

Comment

It also has nothing to do with the topic at hand, so why are you bringing it up?
                      It is EXACTLY the topic at hand, Jimmy. You liberals have dressed MLK up like your own little puppet to march around at your command. He was far more complex than that.

Did you just want to show that like you, even MLK could be critical of black people. Whats your point CP?
                      No, Jimmy - I'm showing that MLK was an honest broker in this regard. He specifically was not about "blaming whitey". He knew it was a two-sided problem.

Comment

It is EXACTLY the topic at hand, Jimmy. You liberals have dressed MLK up like your own little puppet to march around at your command. He was far more complex than that.

No, Jimmy - I'm showing that MLK was an honest broker in this regard. He specifically was not about "blaming whitey". He knew it was a two-sided problem.
                        Its isn't about blaming whitey CP, thats just your inner guilt showing itself again. Its about the unjust treatment, and particularly murder, of black men by the police. Are you blaming that on black men, or are you denying that its a fact.

Comment

Its isn't about blaming whitey CP, thats just your inner guilt showing itself again. Its about the unjust treatment, and particularly murder, of black men by the police. Are you blaming that on black men, or are you denying that its a fact.
                          blacks are shot at the same rate at which they commit crimes. So the primary problem lies with blacks, not the police. You want to spin it as "blame whitey" because:

a) You hate white people due to the self loathing present in all liberals
                          b) You're afraid of criticizing black people becasue
                          c) You don't really think they're fully adult human beings capable of being held to the same standard as everybody else, but you can't say that out loud so you find a way to blame it on somebody else (white people, the police, etc.) instead.
                          "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Its isn't about blaming whitey CP, thats just your inner guilt showing itself again.
                            In today's world, it certainly appears to be, Jimmy. And this goofy "your inner guilt" stuff is complete hogwash. That's the kind of stuff a juvenile pulls when he's got nothing. What do I have to be guilty about?

Its about the unjust treatment, and particularly murder, of black men by the police.
                            Well, not to mention the totally false "hands up don't shoot" narrative. But MLK, unlike you, was honest enough and had enough courage to tell his own people that they need to shoulder some of that responsibility.

Are you blaming that on black men, or are you denying that its a fact.
                            Wow..... are you REALLY this dumb, or are you just that determined to hang onto the false narratives.

Comment

Thank you for so abundantly confirming the thread title, Jim. Are libelous and baseless accusations all you've got?
                              Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                              sigpic
                              I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

In other words, "Its isn't about blaming whitey CP, but whitey is solely to blame."
                                Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment