Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Liberals Don't Know SQUAT about MLK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Liberals Don't Know SQUAT about MLK

In the NFL thread, some of our more lustrous liberal lunkheads keep comparing the NFL protesters to MLK. I think this just underscores the fact that they don't know SQUAT about who MLK was or what he stood for.

I think, if MLK were alive today, he'd be astonished at some of the tripe that is offered up in his name, or attributed to him.

He didn't just spend all his time "blaming whitey" - he dealt with the hard issues, as in this speech. He made it clear that the reason so many blacks were being arrested in his day is because they were committing so much of the crime.

Let us be honest with ourselves, and say that we, our standards have lagged behind at many points. Negroes constitute ten percent of the population of New York City, and yet they commit thirty-five percent of the crime. St. Louis, Missouri: the Negroes constitute twenty-six percent of the population, and yet seventy-six percent of the persons on the list for aid to dependent children are Negroes. We have eight times more illegitimacy than white persons. We’ve got to face all of these things. We must work to improve these standards. We must sit down quietly by the wayside, and ask ourselves: “Where can we improve?”

I get SO TIRED of the liberals marching MLK out to use as their poster boy for "blame whitey".
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    In the NFL thread, some of our more lustrous liberal lunkheads keep comparing the NFL protesters to MLK. I think this just underscores the fact that they don't know SQUAT about who MLK was or what he stood for.

I think, if MLK were alive today, he'd be astonished at some of the tripe that is offered up in his name, or attributed to him.

He didn't just spend all his time "blaming whitey" - he dealt with the hard issues, as in this speech. He made it clear that the reason so many blacks were being arrested in his day is because they were committing so much of the crime.

Let us be honest with ourselves, and say that we, our standards have lagged behind at many points. Negroes constitute ten percent of the population of New York City, and yet they commit thirty-five percent of the crime. St. Louis, Missouri: the Negroes constitute twenty-six percent of the population, and yet seventy-six percent of the persons on the list for aid to dependent children are Negroes. We have eight times more illegitimacy than white persons. We’ve got to face all of these things. We must work to improve these standards. We must sit down quietly by the wayside, and ask ourselves: “Where can we improve?”

I get SO TIRED of the liberals marching MLK out to use as their poster boy for "blame whitey".
    MLK must have been a racist!
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Actually I will "blame whitey" for a long history of slavery (penal servatude extended into the 20th century), race riots in major cities (like Wilmington and Chicago) that burned our and expelled black communities in the 20th century, forced segregation, exclusion of blacks from employment opportunities through most of our history since slavery ended. wide spread lynchings in the south, exclusion of blacks from the post war benefits of housing and education, Profiling and violence against blacks in law enforcement, and biased prosecution of blacks in the legal system.

Yeah whitey is responsible, and they assassinated King.

Actually the drug epidemic in the USA beginning in the 1960's is the responsibility of the US govenrment where whitey was in control, and disproportionately impacted the black communities in the cities.

Are you saying the high crime rate among blacks is because they are black?
      Last edited by shunyadragon; 10-16-2017, 12:45 PM.
      Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
      Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
      But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
        Actually I will "blame whitey" for a long history of slavery (penal servatude extended into the 20th century), race riots in major cities (like Wilmington and Chicago) that burned our and expelled black communities in the 20th century, forced segregation, exclusion of blacks from employment opportunities through most of our history since slavery ended. wide spread lynchings in the south, exclusion of blacks from the post war benefits of housing and education, Profiling and violence against blacks in law enforcement, and biased prosecution of blacks in the legal system.

So, you're going to surrender yourself to the authorities, you hateful racist bigot?

Or, did you mean OTHER whities.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Liberals don't know squat about a lot of things.
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

I was quoting MLK, you racist.

Comment

By the way, thank you so much for coming here and proving my point.

Comment

So, you're going to surrender yourself to the authorities, you hateful racist bigot?

Or, did you mean OTHER whities.
                Yes I mean the 'fact' of the whitey history of the USA. It is well documented. It is bizzaro for you to blame individuals for this. I live in a predominantly black low to low middle income for years and openly rejected the open racism of my parents, and some of my generation family members.
                But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

Frank

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                  MLK must have been a racist!
                  Putting the blame where it belongs in factual USA history is not being a racist. Those who are avoiding the unfortunate brutal factual history of racism in the USA would put you in a decidedly questionable moral position concerning racism in the USA.

Frank

Comment

Yes I mean the 'fact' of the whitey history of the USA. It is well documented. It is bizzaro for you to blame individuals for this.
                    What "individuals" am I blaming for this?

But here comes the screed, "how virtuous I am and how bad everybody else is".....

I live in a predominantly black low to low middle income for years and openly rejected the open racism of my parents, and some of my generation family members.
                    And all you're doing is trumpeting what is popular, what is in vogue. It takes ZERO courage today to "blame whitey". Jump right in there. What you are too cowardly to do is to demand, like MLK did, that the black community take responsibility for their own actions, and stop blaming "history".

YES, the racism and slavery and that whole attitude was horrible, inexcusable and disgusting. But how long are you liberals going to hide behind that and excuse crime because of it? That's all you've got!

Comment

Putting the blame where it belongs....
                      Black man kills another black man over a bottle of wine.

Shuny: Don't blame that individual black man - it's racist America!!!!

Let's go find somebody whose great grandfather was a slave owner, and arrest HIM!!!!

Comment

Black man kills another black man over a bottle of wine.

Shuny: Don't blame that individual black man - it's racist America!!!!

Let's go find somebody whose great grandfather was a slave owner, and arrest HIM!!!!
                        Your missing it big time. The social and economic conditions of ghetto city America that results in the crime you cite are caused by the whitey domination history that I cited. It very well documented.

The blame of individual crimes remains the responsibility of the individual, but that is not the cause of the underlying cancer.

Frank

Comment

I was quoting MLK, you racist.
                          Does not help your case. I believe that in your history you know about the systemic problems in the history of racism in our legal and law enforcement system than you are revealing.

Frank

Comment

Your missing it big time. The social and economic conditions of ghetto city America that results in the crime you cite are caused by the whitey domination history that I cited. It very well documented.
                            No, you're missing it big time. They are not ANIMALS - they are not totally bound by their environment. You liberals treat them like they're incapable of living their lives without your intervention.

The blame of individual crimes remains the responsibility of the individual, but that is not the cause of the underlying cancer.
                            And guys like you are too cowardly to challenge them that they are not doomed simply because of circumstances around them. You are the new plantation owners - keeping the minorities on your own plantations.

Comment

Actually the drug epidemic in the USA beginning in the 1960's is the responsibility of the US govenrment where whitey was in control, and disproportionately impacted the black communities in the cities.

So, whitey, what are you doing about it? besides running your mouth, that is?

Comment