Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Liberals Don't Know SQUAT about MLK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
    Does not help your case. I believe that in your history you know about the systemic problems in the history of racism in our legal and law enforcement system than you are revealing.
    And the new plantation owners like you will keep reminding them there's no hope - they don't have the capacity, in your world, to rise above that. You - in your profound ignorance - doom them to stay in crime and poverty. Blame whitey, but, for God's sake, don't aspire to something greater!
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Yes I mean the 'fact' of the whitey history of the USA. It is well documented. It is bizzaro for you to blame individuals for this. I live in a predominantly black low to low middle income for years and openly rejected the open racism of my parents, and some of my generation family members.
      So you are taking up space that a black family could be using and acting as the plantation owner of your neighborhood, lording it over your neighbors. You racist!

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        And the new plantation owners like you will keep reminding them there's no hope - they don't have the capacity, in your world, to rise above that. You - in your profound ignorance - doom them to stay in crime and poverty. Blame whitey, but, for God's sake, don't aspire to something greater!
        Originally posted by Sparko
        So you are taking up space that a black family could be using and acting as the plantation owner of your neighborhood, lording it over your neighbors. You racist!
        Grape minds and all that.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          Grape minds and all that.
          It's like the Democratic party - they don't WANT people like minorities and JimL to be edumacated so they can fool them into thinking the Dems have the answers - although you can look at anything the Dems have run for any length of time and see that it actually degrades....
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

It's like the Democratic party - they don't WANT people like minorities and JimL to be edumacated so they can fool them into thinking the Dems have the answers - although you can look at anything the Dems have run for any length of time and see that it actually degrades....
            They don't care about facts, they are all about using emotion to manipulate people. They love outrage and sympathy (playing victim)

Comment

Putting the blame where it belongs in factual USA history is not being a racist. Those who are avoiding the unfortunate brutal factual history of racism in the USA would put you in a decidedly questionable moral position concerning racism in the USA.
              Sometimes Shuny, you are as dumb as a post...
              Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Does not help your case. I believe that in your history you know about the systemic problems in the history of racism in our legal and law enforcement system than you are revealing.
                This is what really burns me up about liberals - that they think minorities, especially blacks, are too stupid or dependent or lazy or incapable of rising above their circumstances, and somehow, the liberals have to be good 'handlers' and make excuses for them instead of demanding excellence. And, what's worse, is when their OWN betray them by getting rich being poverty pimps, fighting whitey, but doing nothing to better the condition of their own. Yeah, Rainbow Jesse comes to mind.

THAT, to me, is the stinking pits of hell of racism. "awww, you poor little helpless black people - it's ok for you to live in poverty and crime, cause ... WHITEY!!!!!" Meanwhile, of course, the liberals expect minorities to vote for them because "we care".

Comment

Does not help your case.
                  What REALLY helps my case is you coming here and proving my point! Thank you, sir.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                    Sometimes Shuny, you are as dumb as a post...
                    He probably stands outside every day and apologizes to his black neighbors as they go by. "sorry for being a racist and enslaving your ancestors! sorry to have white privilege! sorry! sorry!"

Comment

This is what really burns me up about liberals - that they think minorities, especially blacks, are too stupid or dependent or lazy or incapable of rising above their circumstances, and somehow, the liberals have to be good 'handlers' and make excuses for them instead of demanding excellence. And, what's worse, is when their OWN betray them by getting rich being poverty pimps, fighting whitey, but doing nothing to better the condition of their own. Yeah, Rainbow Jesse comes to mind.

THAT, to me, is the stinking pits of hell of racism. "awww, you poor little helpless black people - it's ok for you to live in poverty and crime, cause ... WHITEY!!!!!" Meanwhile, of course, the liberals expect minorities to vote for them because "we care".
                      Jesse Jackson's Net worth is $10 million.

Comment

In the NFL thread, some of our more lustrous liberal lunkheads keep comparing the NFL protesters to MLK. I think this just underscores the fact that they don't know SQUAT about who MLK was or what he stood for.

I think, if MLK were alive today, he'd be astonished at some of the tripe that is offered up in his name, or attributed to him.

He didn't just spend all his time "blaming whitey" - he dealt with the hard issues, as in this speech. He made it clear that the reason so many blacks were being arrested in his day is because they were committing so much of the crime.

Let us be honest with ourselves, and say that we, our standards have lagged behind at many points. Negroes constitute ten percent of the population of New York City, and yet they commit thirty-five percent of the crime. St. Louis, Missouri: the Negroes constitute twenty-six percent of the population, and yet seventy-six percent of the persons on the list for aid to dependent children are Negroes. We have eight times more illegitimacy than white persons. We’ve got to face all of these things. We must work to improve these standards. We must sit down quietly by the wayside, and ask ourselves: “Where can we improve?”

I get SO TIRED of the liberals marching MLK out to use as their poster boy for "blame whitey".
                        I think that MLK would be marginalized by many of those on the left today considering that he held many conservative ideas. While some acknowledge this they simply dismiss it by proclaiming that if he had lived longer he would have changed his mind.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                          Jesse Jackson's Net worth is $10 million.
                          Yeah, but how much does he owe in back taxes?
                          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                            Yeah, but how much does he owe in back taxes?
                            More than fellow poverty pimp Al Sharpton?

Comment

Actually I will "blame whitey" for a long history of slavery (penal servatude extended into the 20th century), race riots in major cities (like Wilmington and Chicago) that burned our and expelled black communities in the 20th century, forced segregation, exclusion of blacks from employment opportunities through most of our history since slavery ended. wide spread lynchings in the south, exclusion of blacks from the post war benefits of housing and education, Profiling and violence against blacks in law enforcement, and biased prosecution of blacks in the legal system.
                              Sure, and people in the past do deserve a lot of blame for some of those things. But are they the reason for increased crime? Thomas Sowell has repeatedly argued that we can't blame most of those things for African American crime rates because their crime rates went up after many of those things had ceased (or at least decreased).

Comment

Originally posted by Terraceth View Post
                                Sure, and people in the past do deserve a lot of blame for some of those things. But are they the reason for increased crime? Thomas Sowell has repeatedly argued that we can't blame most of those things for African American crime rates because their crime rates went up after many of those things had ceased (or at least decreased).
                                Interesting...

Despite the grand myth that black economic progress began or accelerated with the passage of the civil rights laws and "war on poverty" programs of the 1960s, the cold fact is that the poverty rate among blacks fell from 87 percent in 1940 to 47 percent by 1960. This was before any of those programs began.

Over the next 20 years, the poverty rate among blacks fell another 18 percentage points, compared to the 40-point drop in the previous 20 years. This was the continuation of a previous economic trend, at a slower rate of progress, not the economic grand deliverance proclaimed by liberals and self-serving black "leaders."

Ending the Jim Crow laws was a landmark achievement. But, despite the great proliferation of black political and other "leaders" that resulted from the laws and policies of the 1960s, nothing comparable happened economically. And there were serious retrogressions socially.

Nearly a hundred years of the supposed "legacy of slavery" found most black children being raised in two-parent families in 1960. But thirty years after the liberal welfare state found the great majority of black children being raised by a single parent.

The murder rate among blacks in 1960 was one-half of what it became 20 years later, after a legacy of liberals' law enforcement policies. Public housing projects in the first half of the 20th century were clean, safe places, where people slept outside on hot summer nights, when they were too poor to afford air conditioning. That was before admissions standards for public housing projects were lowered or abandoned, in the euphoria of liberal non-judgmental notions. And it was before the toxic message of victimhood was spread by liberals. We all know what hell holes public housing has become in our times. The same toxic message produced similar social results among lower-income people in England, despite an absence of a "legacy of slavery" there.
                                Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment