Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Liberals Don't Know SQUAT about MLK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is what I first thought the thread was about when I saw the title...

I go away now.
    ~ Russell ("MelMak")

"[Sing] and [make] melody in your heart to the Lord." -- Ephesians 5:19b

Fight spam!

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      He probably stands outside every day and apologizes to his black neighbors as they go by. "sorry for being a racist and enslaving your ancestors! sorry to have white privilege! sorry! sorry!"
      Shuny's Canadian??

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by The Melody Maker View Post

I go away now.
        You aren't the only one.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
          Actually I will "blame whitey" for a long history of slavery (penal servatude extended into the 20th century), race riots in major cities (like Wilmington and Chicago) that burned our and expelled black communities in the 20th century, forced segregation, exclusion of blacks from employment opportunities through most of our history since slavery ended. wide spread lynchings in the south, exclusion of blacks from the post war benefits of housing and education, Profiling and violence against blacks in law enforcement, and biased prosecution of blacks in the legal system.

Yeah whitey is responsible, and they assassinated King.

Actually the drug epidemic in the USA beginning in the 1960's is the responsibility of the US govenrment where whitey was in control, and disproportionately impacted the black communities in the cities.

Are you saying the high crime rate among blacks is because they are black?
          lol hilarious how angry white liberals get about not being hated enough
          "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
            He probably stands outside every day and apologizes to his black neighbors as they go by. "sorry for being a racist and enslaving your ancestors! sorry to have white privilege! sorry! sorry!"
            No, my neighbors on all sides are black and we are friends on a first name basis. The postman John lives across the street. Oh one Hispanic family lives behind me.
            Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
            Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
            But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

No, my neighbors on all sides are black and we are friends on a first name basis. The postman John lives across the street. Oh one Hispanic family lives behind me.
              "Some of my best friends are black."

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                By the way, thank you so much for coming here and proving my point.
                Then you are the racist.
                But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

Frank

Comment

Then you are the racist.
                  Wow.... such profound logic usually only comes from posters like JimL! I mean... that's like GOOFUS logic.
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                    "Some of my best friends are black."
                    So what?!?!?! That sounds like an old apologetic line from the establishment. I was not responding to you.I was responding to rude insulting accusations of a personal nature.

Frank

Comment

Wow.... such profound logic usually only comes from posters like JimL! I mean... that's like GOOFUS logic.
                      No, no logic necessary you simply admitted it.

Frank

Comment

Originally posted by The Melody Maker View Post

I go away now.
                        Good guess!

Frank

Comment

In the NFL thread, some of our more lustrous liberal lunkheads keep comparing the NFL protesters to MLK. I think this just underscores the fact that they don't know SQUAT about who MLK was or what he stood for.
                          And you know all about MLK right CP. Not!
                          I think, if MLK were alive today, he'd be astonished at some of the tripe that is offered up in his name, or attributed to him.
                          Big deal, and I think you'd be wrong, so what?
                          He didn't just spend all his time "blaming whitey" - he dealt with the hard issues, as in
                          Whose blaming whitey for anything concerning the NFL protest? What are you suffering from some sort of guilt complex CP?

this speech. He made it clear that the reason so many blacks were being arrested in his day is because they were committing so much of the crime.

Let us be honest with ourselves, and say that we, our standards have lagged behind at many points. Negroes constitute ten percent of the population of New York City, and yet they commit thirty-five percent of the crime. St. Louis, Missouri: the Negroes constitute twenty-six percent of the population, and yet seventy-six percent of the persons on the list for aid to dependent children are Negroes. We have eight times more illegitimacy than white persons. We’ve got to face all of these things. We must work to improve these standards. We must sit down quietly by the wayside, and ask ourselves: “Where can we improve?”
                          Yeah, he also made clear in that speech the injustices that led to those things, and those things have nothing to do with the present topic so one can only guess your purpose in digging it up.
                          I get SO TIRED of the liberals marching MLK out to use as their poster boy for "blame whitey".
                          Its not about blaming whitey CP, get over your guilt, whatever that might be.
                          Last edited by JimL; 10-16-2017, 11:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                            And you know all about MLK right CP.
                            I used his actual quotes, Jimmy, not some perverted assumptions about him.
                            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

So what?!?!?! That sounds like an old apologetic line from the establishment. I was not responding to you.I was responding to rude insulting accusations of a personal nature.
                              This is a public forum, and you know that. This whiny crybaby "I was not responding to you" is just goofy.

Comment

No, no logic necessary you simply admitted it.
                                That's an outright lie.

Comment